New Reply
Subscribe
DSPD
18th June 2013
Old 18th June 2013
Gear interested

Scarlett 2i2 Driver Install Issue

Hello,

I'm having some issues installing my driver for my Scarlett 2i2. It worked perfectly on my last PC, but it for some reason just won't install on my new computer. I downloaded the correct driver, ran the .exe and it asks me what path to download it to etc. I keep clicking on until it opens another install wizard to install it. When I click next on that, the new window shows that the driver install has failed, without any other info. I've been trying a few more things out (such as letting Windows search for the drivers) but that didn't work either.

What can I do? Please help me!

Computer specs (not sure if this will help with anything):
CPU: i5 3570K
Motherboard: Gigabye Z77X-UD3H
RAM: 8 GB Ballistix Sport
GPU: Palit GTX 770
HDD: Seagate ST100DM003 - 1 TB
SDD (where the OS is installed on, I'm attempting to install the drivers here too): Samsung 840 - 120 GB

Thanks in advance.
19th June 2013
Old 19th June 2013
Gear addict

Hey man, I can't really help but I can bump the thread for you! I have a 2i2 as well, and my machine is very similar: same mobo, same brand of RAM, same ssd, 3770k processor. But mine installed fine and works well. Maybe you'd get a better response in the Music Computers forums? My guess is it's something simple and if you pay close attention to the prompts, you'll get it. I remember there being a tricky step in there. Good luck!
19th June 2013
Old 19th June 2013
Gear maniac

I know the disk does not carry the newest drivers, but have you tried installing off the disk?
DSPD
20th June 2013
Old 20th June 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog951 View Post
Hey man, I can't really help but I can bump the thread for you! I have a 2i2 as well, and my machine is very similar: same mobo, same brand of RAM, same ssd, 3770k processor. But mine installed fine and works well. Maybe you'd get a better response in the Music Computers forums? My guess is it's something simple and if you pay close attention to the prompts, you'll get it. I remember there being a tricky step in there. Good luck!
Hey man, thanks for the bump. I'll try posting in the Music Computers forum too, thanks for the suggestion. The prompts don't show much though, I could make some screenshots if that would clarify anything, but I doubt it because it basically only shows a red X with a "Failed installing" text or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
I know the disk does not carry the newest drivers, but have you tried installing off the disk?
I've only tried installing it with the latest drivers that I've downloaded from the Focusrite website (version 2.4)
20th June 2013
Old 20th June 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Focusrite has awesome customer service. Find the contact us link on their site. Include the serial number on your unit.
DSPD
20th June 2013
Old 20th June 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post
Focusrite has awesome customer service. Find the contact us link on their site. Include the serial number on your unit.
Thanks, sent them a mail. Hope to get a response soon.

In the meantime, if anyone knows a solution, please let me know!
DSPD
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Gear interested

No response from them yet. If anyone has any extra info/questions, please post.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Gear maniac

Have you even tried the drivers off the disc? Like I said, it may not be optimal, but it may get you a workable interface.
24th June 2013
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

Something doesn't seem right. When I installed the 2i2 on a laptop last night, I downloaded the latest Win 7 driver, clicked to install, clicked to authorize the installation and there is it is. Then I plugged in the 2i2 and it took a few seconds to recognize the device-again no problem.

Did your software download without interruption? Do you have any security features enabled on your PC that are blocking installation of the software?
DSPD
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
Have you even tried the drivers off the disc? Like I said, it may not be optimal, but it may get you a workable interface.
I have lost the disk it seems, but I think I've tried that too, without success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyrocks View Post
Something doesn't seem right. When I installed the 2i2 on a laptop last night, I downloaded the latest Win 7 driver, clicked to install, clicked to authorize the installation and there is it is. Then I plugged in the 2i2 and it took a few seconds to recognize the device-again no problem.

Did your software download without interruption? Do you have any security features enabled on your PC that are blocking installation of the software?
The program downloaded correctly. I've even tried downloading it a few times again and running those, doesn't seem to work. My antivirus (MSE) didn't say anything about blocking it, so I assume it is not interfering.
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
Lives for gear

And when you plug in the 2i2, it's not being recognized as a device at all?

Something is conflicting with this installation, but what?
DSPD
25th June 2013
Old 25th June 2013
Gear interested

It did recognize it, just not install the drivers for it.

I found the CD though, and the driver install from that worked! I think the issue was that I downloaded the installer on my D: drive, while I tried to install it to my C: drive. That's my guess at least. It works now though, thanks everyone!
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear interested

I'm having the same problem with the 6i6 on my laptop but my package came with no cd. Any idea how yours worked!!!???? I have no cd. What could it be. I literally did everything to the tee what you did up to the CD step. It doesn't come with one what do I do

HELP ME ANYBODY PLEASE
17th January 2014
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Head

Hi ttyme45

Please register your 6i6 at Focusrite.com - Using the serial number and bundle code provided, this will provide you with an online account with all the relevant downloads and activation codes for bundled software. If you need further support installing the driver, please drop us a line. Unfortunately, we're slightly backlogged with post-Christmas enquiries but will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible!

http://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Kind Regards

Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
Windsor House, Turnpike Road, High Wycombe HP12 3FX, United Kingdom
17th January 2014
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Head

I know that there is an issue concerning USB 3.0 and Focusrite Scarletts. That is an issue that has been stumping a lot of people recently. The solution has generally been low cost, such as installing a couple of 2.0 ports, USB hubs, and such.

I have a 2i2/ Windows 7 and have never had a single issue to date.
22nd January 2014
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear interested

anyone find a solution to this issue without a CD? im having it now..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search