Login / Register

Another dumb noob question (Reaper/Harrison Mixbus)
New Reply
Subscribe
adathead 53
10th June 2013
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear

Another dumb noob question (Reaper/Harrison Mixbus)

I've been using Reaper for a bit now and I'm liking it, but I got really excited about the Harrison MixBus because of the software mixer. Initially I thought the MixBus was just a plugin, not realizing it's an actual DAW. So, my question is this-is it possible to use Reaper and MixBus in tandem when tracking (like I can do with the software mixer from my interface) or will I have to track on one only and transfer back and forth? I'm so new at all this and still deciding how I want to work. I'll probably go ahead and buy MixBus anyway since it's only $39 through this Wednesday. Still it would be nice to have a bit more knowledge before I do. Thanks for any input you can give.

Larry
10th June 2013
Old 10th June 2013
Gear addict

Not sure if you're on the Reaper forums or not, but there are some guys over there who are excited about using them together. The threads are easy to spot since this recent sale and the 2.3 Mixbus release has generated a lot of buzz over there. Good luck!
adathead 53
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks rog. I'm a member there also, so I'll check it out.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear nut

I believe on a Mac you can configure Jack to route between them. On Windows, this is not possible. Most people on Macs/Windows aren't using Mixbus as a DAW (because the Ardour engine isn't all that brilliant in comparison with the mainstream DAWs) but as a summing mixer. In other words, track, edit, process and mix in Reaper, then render the stems (or individual tracks) out to WAVs, import them in to Mixbus and let Mixbus give them the final polish in to a stereo file.

This works very nicely for me
adathead 53
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks cprompt. I'm still pretty new to the DAW world, but it definitely sounds like a great way to go.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search