* WARNING * - Do NOT install new iLok software!
Tui
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Tui
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
As you were...
Tui
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Tui
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran_ks View Post
Anything that involves moving huge databases can cause issues and take time work properly. I can expect big f*ck up from any company at this point. That's why I said you need to stay away for a few days at least. I know some people need to transfer or buy licences, but it's not like PACE took us by surprise so everyone could take the possibility of things going wrong in consideration when planning their schedules.
So, what are you saying. Should we just give Pace a pass on this? Who, in your opinion, should be the guinea pigs, i.e. unpaid beta-testers - the kids who just bought their first iLok and haven't got a clue what all those error messages even mean?
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
So, what are you saying. Should we just give Pace a pass on this? Who, in your opinion, should be the guinea pigs, i.e. unpaid beta-testers - the kids who just bought their first iLok and haven't got a clue what all those error messages even mean?
Well, warning people to not upgrade now or reporting the issues is perfectly alright. But some people need to stop over-reacting like we could not see this coming.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

The NSA will be able to fix this in a blink of an eyelash...but they're not allowed I guess...
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Can we make an actual ETA of the situation :

Is everbody having issues mostly use PT ?

Is there some guyz that had zero issues from start ? (my case)

softube has deposit a licence few hours before the warning post in my case ..
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

After using the new iLok License Manager, some of my Licenses are converted to "Temporary" and work no more!

McDsp
Melodyne
Duy
Sonnox
Soundtoys
Slate Digital

All gone! WTF !!

That's one of the biggest unprofessional issues I've ever seen!
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Wow this is a real mess. I was going to try some of the Softube Plugs when I came across this post. Luckily is haven't transfered the licenses yet. So when will it be safe to use iLok.com to add the Softube demo licenses to my iLok?
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorus.sound View Post
After using the new iLok License Manager, some of my Licenses are converted to "Temporary" and work no more!
According to their statement on the debacle...the Temporary status is just a label thing and plugs should still work. Unless its disingenuous
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We are aware that some people are experiencing issues with a subset of their existing licenses reporting to be of Type “Temporary”. The Type is only a database label and the change from the previous Type (most often Update) resolve over the course of the next several days as a data migration remediation continues.

The change in the word shown as the Type should not in any way affect your ability to use your plug-ins or protected software authorized by licenses that are already on your iLok(s).

Rest assured that we have records of all of your license data just as it was before the migration started. No data or licenses will be lost.

11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
According to their statement on the debacle...the Temporary status is just a label thing and plugs should still work. Unless its disingenuous
We are aware that some people are experiencing issues with a subset of their existing licenses reporting to be of Type “Temporary”. The Type is only a database label and the change from the previous Type (most often Update) resolve over the course of the next several days as a data migration remediation continues.

The change in the word shown as the Type should not in any way affect your ability to use your plug-ins or protected software authorized by licenses that are already on your iLok(s).

Rest assured that we have records of all of your license data just as it was before the migration started. No data or licenses will be lost.

This is the case for me. The only one that relabeled as temporary was Slate Trigger, but the plugin still loads and performs normally.

The rest of the licenses see, normal and are fine. I'd love to be able to delete the expired demo licenses but can't seem to get any function over those licenses. I do seem to be able to perform such tasks on current licenses though.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

Everything seems to working for me now, temporary are back to license and everything seems to be there. I did have a couple that wouldn't authorise but I deactivated them back to the account. then moved them back and they are all working for now.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
According to their statement on the debacle...the Temporary status is just a label thing and plugs should still work.
Not True! - My "Temporary" Plugs are asking me for the license and I'm not able to use them!
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Ilok's choice not to have a sign on their website that states plainly

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE OR SYNCHRONIZE YOUR ILOKS UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED. THANKS.

speaks volumes about the character of the company.

If they truly cared about protecting the customer --- which they claim is one of their main mission statements --- they'd warn people in no uncertain terms.

Screw these guys.

- c
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:

It seems to be disingenuous which, like the refusal to put a warning on their own website, speaks volumes about iLok as a company.

If it were simply a database relabelling, licences would work as the licences on the key should be unchanged. Clearly that's not the case. It looks like someone had a fat-finger moment over the weekend causing all the Update licences to be marked as Temporary which is probably something they can't recover automatically (because, otherwise, they'd probably convert all Temporary licences to full licences, which their developer clients might not be happy with).

So my guess is they are manually matching the backup records to the live database to try to restore the data to where it was originally. If it were an automatic process, it would have resolved in a matter of minutes even if they had a gazillion licences to update. That is hasn't says to me that they have to do this, at least partially, by hand.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post

If they truly cared about protecting the customer --- which they claim is one of their main mission statements --- they'd warn people in no uncertain terms.
If they neglect to keep users from getting the update (and getting their licenses potentially messed up), it could be because they still have to grasp *something* they haven't figured out yet and they need more guinea pigs in order to do so.

Or they really, really don't contemplate rolling back to a previous, safer version of their system even if pushing forward through it means having to deal individually with each and every customer affected.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
yes. plain incomprehensible.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

HOLY CRAP - i didn't read this forum, but went to ilok on my computer, saw the new software and downloaded... moved one license - and now HALF my licenses are gone!!!! I cannot even open Pro tools. I had 130+ licenses on my ilok, and suddenly it dropped til 76!

My studio is down, and I'm nervous. These are full licenses missing.

I wrote iLok thru the support pages..

Please somebody calm me down ;(

Michael.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear nut

11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Now I have been able to download most of the licenses to another ilok but still "An unexpected authorization error 14051 occurred." with every plugin!!!!

I'm sooooo pissed.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear nut

11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOUND View Post
Sorry to say the same exact thing happened to me yesterday. I haven´t been able to even open Pro Tools, let alone any plugins since yesterday morning. No work for 2 days!

Right now I´ve gotten Pro Tools to open, but most of my plugin licenses are not working even though they seems to be on the ilok. This is horrible!!

I feel with you. I´m so pissed off. Loosing work and money. How long this is goint to take before it´s fixed is impossible to say. A lot of the licenses seem to be corrupt and need to be fixed on their end.

Ilok don´t even answer your support ticket. What a horrible way to treat costumers.
Thanks for replying. At least nice to know I'm not alone. But this is horrible. I'm always so sensitive about my iLok and my licenses - think about the amount of money that's just hanging out there in the cloud right now. And all the Error messages and irratic behaviour of the system makes me wanna vomit. I have a session starting tomorrow with a band flying in from another country. I don't know what to do!!
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Sorry to say the same exact thing happened to me yesterday. I haven´t been able to even open Pro Tools, let alone any plugins since yesterday morning. No work for 2 days!

Right now I´ve gotten Pro Tools to open, but most of my plugin licenses are not working even though they seems to be on the ilok. This is horrible!!
I just rechecked my licences on the website (in the My Account section). The Sonnox, Soundtoys etc were showing up as "Temporary" earlier – indicating that the licences on the key would probably go AWOL if I'd synced using the new software. However, they are all showing as "Licence" now. If that's the case for you, you might get some success in using the recovery procedure that Simon posted.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear nut

Dz7
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Dz7
Gear addict

Hey guys,

Luckily I saw all this before I tried to update. I hope everything gets resolved for all of you, this really sucks and as everyone has been saying, speaks volumes about iLok as a company for not having a disclaimer on their webpage.

Accountability is so important...it takes years to create a brand and only one event to destroy it all.

GL everyone
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
same thing here. I´m never ever going to buy any plugins that use ilok again.

A restart fixed it! I'm up and running again.

What I did: I deactivated all licenses, then took another iLok2 (the other one seems somehow broken now or it already was, no idea) and transfered all licenses to that other ilok. Took forever and I got some strange error messages. then restart and now it is working!!!

Before I had both problems, the missing and the temporary licenses. Have over 2200 licenses in my account, lots of old waves updates and other obsolete licenses and demos. I currently use around 150 activations.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Those of you who's licenses are no longer working. Try to de-activate and re-activate the license please. It seems to help in many cases.

Chris
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Guys - please don't let this slip into the background. iLok MUST be held accountable for monies lost due to studio downtime. This isn't a mere inconvenience, we're talking about the reputations of many, many studios and who knows how many billable sessions.

Our clients aren't going to care that iLok is having tech problems, they'll see US as incompetent. iLok can't be allowed to slide.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear nut

11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
I bet nobody is ever going to get any form of compensation for lost studio time because of this from iLok. They probably have their asses covered.

Of course they have. They will never be held responsible.

I am still trying to move things around, but I get strange error messages every time. A few more things works now. But I get error messages om McDsp-stuff, Soundtoys, and only one of my Waves plugs this time - which is Waves Dorrough. So fxcking random!
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lambrechts View Post
Those of you who's licenses are no longer working. Try to de-activate and re-activate the license please. It seems to help in many cases.

Chris
Tried that - doesn't work in my case.
11th June 2013
Old 11th June 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Guys - please don't let this slip into the background. iLok MUST be held accountable for monies lost due to studio downtime. This isn't a mere inconvenience, we're talking about the reputations of many, many studios and who knows how many billable sessions.

Our clients aren't going to care that iLok is having tech problems, they'll see US as incompetent. iLok can't be allowed to slide.
+1. iLok should go with peace. But it will not.
We must ask Avid (first) to leave iLok authorisation scheme.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search