Old 10th May 2013
Gear Head

Crysonic

Crysonic's everything bundle, which usually sells for $1,700 is on sale for the next 3 days for $45. I remember the old days when a price tag could give you a pretty clear indication of a product's value. WTF would you think if that was a hardware sale?Or worse, wtf would you think if you shelled out the 17 large last week? lol
I dont know anymore.

So, what do people think of their plugins? A couple years ago I loved their limiter and their bass "exciter" Rbass wannabe. At that time they were very inexpensive. I've tried their stuff recently and I do like the Nxtasy, but they've all gotten more complex and it looks like Liberace took over the GUI designs.

I'm probably still gonna grab em at that price. lol That new loudness meter thing looks interesting. Just curious, I never hear them talked about.

......Also, according to their website, it seems like every one of their plugins is either revolutionary or industry leading...so.....
Old 10th May 2013
Tui
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonn Frank View Post
So, what do people think of their plugins?
Avoid like the plague.
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

Do a search on GS on Crysonic (good name for a bad company)
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

This is happening in Pizza world too.

It is hard to get away with charging $2.75 a slice now that other shops are charging a buck. Only the most reputable shops can get away with over $2/slice, but its nice to know that the little cheap shops are changing the game a bit, and I've seen some of the big shops now go down to $2.00 or offer 2 slices and a soda for $5. It's like people are starting to get that a slice is probably worth $0.25.
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

They should be banned from selling anything. Avoid like the plague is good advice.
Old 1st June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
They should be banned from selling anything. Avoid like the plague is good advice.
OK. Curious though if this is due to their plug-in quality or customer service/support? or both?

I remember liking the first NewB, spectraphyLE, and sindo
...and to me the nxtasy does sound decent. idk

The thing that gets me is that every plug-in has too much going on and they dont really explain how they work or really what they do.....besides give a "professional, pristine...etc." sound.
I'd like to know what kind of "tricks" they are playing before I start throwing them around. Like that spectralive....Geez. lol
Old 1st June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
This is happening in Pizza world too.

It is hard to get away with charging $2.75 a slice now that other shops are charging a buck. Only the most reputable shops can get away with over $2/slice, but its nice to know that the little cheap shops are changing the game a bit, and I've seen some of the big shops now go down to $2.00 or offer 2 slices and a soda for $5. It's like people are starting to get that a slice is probably worth $0.25.
right. Pizza is cheap to make. Very little overhead. Plug-ins are really tricky because there's zero overhead. No cost for material, labor, storage......and all that. There's the time it takes to program it. Not saying it's easy, but how do you price that? The Glue is made by a married couple, right? And it's much better than wave$ painstakingly modeled SSL-clone-to most. IDK

And yeah pizza was getting out of hand (still is). lol
Old 1st June 2013
Tui
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonn Frank View Post
OK. Curious though if this is due to their plug-in quality or customer service/support? or both?
Both.
Old 1st June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Both.
got it.
Old 6th June 2013
Gear interested

"Avoid like the plague" is very good advice, indeed.

I decided to get them because I figured "hey, it's a lot of plugins, one of them is surely useful"... well, they MIGHT be... if I could register them.

The day after placing the order, I received an email containing the installers that were supposed to be compiled with my user info and pre-authorized... They were not. Not only that, but WOW, the download process is convoluted! You'd think they could set up something a little more streamlined since they have these "deals" every month or so.

After download and install, I ran Logic and inserted each plugin, one at a time and I think all but 4 plugins ask for registration and the ones that didn't, muted themselves every so often. This tells me that they are obviously NOT pre-authorized.

So, I took the most logical step forward and tried running the authorization apps for each plugin (Mac), sending the challenge codes to info@crysonic.com, as instructed and received 1 reply with 1 auth code for 1 plugin. (I sent 13 emails total...)

I then tried again almost 3 weeks later, thinking I somehow sent them to the wrong email address or didn't have the correct info... still no reply. Tried sending a "WTF?!?!" email to sales@crysonic.com... still no reply.

I suppose it's possible that my email address got marked as spam since I sent so many emails back to back but surely they've got a system that would keep that from happening to PAYING CUSTOMERS, right??!
Maybe a second "WTF?!?!" email from another email address will get their attention...

Crysonic = crooks
they took my money and I got nothing but headache for it.
Old 8th June 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Both.

Absolutely. They are rubbish in the purest sense of the word.
Old 8th June 2013
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search