Login / Register

waves signature collection: too good to be true?
New Reply
Subscribe
Oiblay
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear interested

waves signature collection: too good to be true?

hey guys,

so i just got myself the CLA signature collection as waves was giving it out for a bargain. from what i've gathered, if you're after something that will churn out good mixes much quicker, then these types of plug ins really do seem like the way to go.

sure you get much less control and perhaps do not end up with a product that hits the 100% mark of what you're after, but the difference is probably not something the average listener will recognise at all.

that being said, considering the fact that i've got a heck of a lot of projects to churn out over the next few months, would quality suffer that much if i restricted myself to the use of these types of plugins?

how close can you get to the real deal using these kinds of plugins on their own?
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

They are very program dependent, but great tools otherwise. If you go for a type of music and sound these plugis strive for, than they can represent the quickest solution for your mixes. So their advantages are: speed, quality, dedication. Disadvantages: flexibility, versatility. This goes for Kramer, CLA, JJP, Maserati. Manny Marroquin bundle on the other hand is a bundle of really unique and quality tools that might add something very valuable to your plugin arsenal.
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
They are very program dependent, but great tools otherwise. If you go for a type of music and sound these plugis strive for, than they can represent the quickest solution for your mixes. So their advantages are: speed, quality, dedication. Disadvantages: flexibility, versatility. This goes for Kramer, CLA, JJP, Maserati. Manny Marroquin bundle on the other hand is a bundle of really unique and quality tools that might add something very valuable to your plugin arsenal.
I've never been crazy about any of these Artist series but I wholeheartedly agree about the Manny Marroquin collection. Fantastic tools
Genius is small pieces Daniel Lanois
Oiblay
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Gear interested

thanks a ton you guys! very helpful!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search