h4n mic and speakers won't connect to Cubase LE 5
necktendon
2nd March 2013
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear interested

h4n mic and speakers won't connect to Cubase LE 5

I've been using my Zoom h4n as an interface with Cubase LE 5, the DAW that came with it.

As far as I know I haven't changed any settings, but for some reason I can't get any sound or any mic feedback through Cubase.

For some reason this doesn't happen unless I have a DAW open (I've tried it through Audacity just to test and it just gives me an error message about changing Khz, but I know that's bs because everything is at 44100.)

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them but which didn't do anything. I'm certain that I've selected the Zoom ASIO driver and set the ports to the Zoom. There are no error messages, but Cubase just won't play sound through or record from the h4n.

Even more strange is that I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, and one in every ten times it'll just work for no reason, but I don't have time to keep doing that every time I want to record.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on an ASUS laptop. I've heard some bad stuff about using a Zoom interface with 64 bit, but it used to work just fine. I honestly have no idea what I could have changed to make it stop working.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
necktendon
6th March 2013
Old 6th March 2013
Gear interested

Comaaan!! Help me out. I'll send a great pumpkin pie recipe to whoever answers first.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search