Intel Ivy Bridge-E & SB-E Core i7-3980X 8 Core CPUs for 2013!
ARIEL
21st February 2013
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Intel Ivy Bridge-E & SB-E Core i7-3980X 8 Core CPUs for 2013!

21st February 2013
Old 21st February 2013
Thanks,I was looking for info about this,earlier tonight, but didn't get far...1st gen,man that mowhawk's gonna be on fire,with the speed,polyphony increase!
RK
ARIEL
21st February 2013
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
Thanks,I was looking for info about this,earlier tonight, but didn't get far...1st gen,man that mowhawk's gonna be on fire,with the speed,polyphony increase!
RK
HAHA , I'll have to die it red then I think there is also some info on tomshardware.com . I got tired of upgrading every few years So this time i'll hold out to some extreme power upgrade not the usual 25% increase .
21st February 2013
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
I have been holding out with my old first gen quad core cpu . It would be great to get a little more power .
I have a 6 core and it works good, but 8 core will be even better.
Great news.
21st February 2013
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear
Awesome news.

I passed on the 3930K 6 core and settled for a 3820 4 core for this very reason... couldn't justify spending $500 bucks for the 3930K knowing the price may come down on it in a few months. Hopefully when these 8 cores come out they drop the price significantly!
22nd February 2013
Old 22nd February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Awesome news.
Hopefully when these 8 cores come out they drop the price significantly!
I'm not so sure,in Oz,intel chips,such as the 990x,are still the same price[or nearly the same],as when they were introduced.
ARIEL
26th February 2013
Old 26th February 2013
Lives for gear

It will be great to do a big upgrade later on this year , I am still running XP and If I was to upgrade all my stuff to W7/64 bit OS my current computer would probably not run my sessions .
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Your sessions done on the 1366 cpu,should run fine,on the new machine[whatever cpu socket that may be?],but the sessions,done on the "new"machine,probably won't run on the socket 1366 machine,is that what you mean't?

With Sonar[you use Cubase,I believe?],I'm pretty sure,depending on how many new cpu intensive plugs,are on the "new"machine,that both should play both,however I'm only guessing,as although,I'm an old rock/metal head,I've only used a daw on W7[laptop Home P.,desktop Professional,both with X2]

It seems [from the links you gave,and others]that Q3,is when the good/reasonably priced cpu's,are being released,and the 1155 socket[my OC'd 2600k-dual ch. mem. only]is being dumped,for another,dual ch. memory[only!] platform-socket 1150,for the i7 4770k?[a bit of a suck in,like the 3770k,with its inferior heatspreader].

The Q3 IvyE is still gonna be socket 2011,unless I'm totally confused,and being Quad ch. memory,seems,the logical step up from 1366,which had the decency,to have Triple Ch. memory,instead of only Dual ch.,like 1155,although that machine of mine, running at 4.6GHz,is still stupidly powerfull,so a Quad ch. Ivy E,should be overkill[just how we like it!]!
RK
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
running at 4.6GHz,is still stupidly powerfull,so a Quad ch. Ivy E,should be overkill[just how we like it!]!
I guaranty if you're running plugs like Ozone 5, FG-X, Nebula, Synth Squad, Diva, etc... it won't be overkill.
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Awesome news.

I passed on the 3930K 6 core and settled for a 3820 4 core for this very reason... couldn't justify spending $500 bucks for the 3930K knowing the price may come down on it in a few months. Hopefully when these 8 cores come out they drop the price significantly!
Intel does not drop prices when new generations come out. At some point, a new top of the range may appear, shifting price/performance a bit (usually something like 100MHz more for the same price), but nothing worth waiting for.

We have been building quite some Xeon 8-cores now, and they are fantastic. Most major audio software is handling multithreading pretty well by now.
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus909 View Post
I guaranty if you're running plugs like Ozone 5, FG-X, Nebula, Synth Squad, Diva, etc... it won't be overkill.
Well,it's a good thing[?]then,I don't have ANY of those plugs/instruments,though I would like FG-X,and may try Ozone 5 soon,though,after buying the Pro Audio DSP,Audio Spectrum Mapper,I'm done buying tools,and blowing cash,when I really just need to knuckle down,and make music,with the[sometimes overwhelming]tools,I already have.

I hear Diva,is a real CPU sucker though.

I'm actually trying to use less[of everything] lately,and even my little i7 2630qm laptop,is handling everything just fine,though I don't have high track counts,and the only synths I seem to use,are drum based,so it's mostly audio,and "sack of hammers"simple rock,mostly.....with lot's of [alot'sa]lead guitar,you know,really hip ATM!
RK
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
Lives for gear

So, this new Ivy Bridge E's will use 2011 socket or...?
27th February 2013
Old 27th February 2013
28th April 2013
Old 28th April 2013
Lives for gear
Sent from my SGH-T999
ARIEL
22nd May 2013
Old 22nd May 2013
Lives for gear

Third quater they will be coming out hopefully - Need to do an upgrade soon . FG-X is def killing cpu usuage on my machine .
22nd May 2013
Old 22nd May 2013
Lives for gear

Maybe then we will see a new mac pro model. One can only hope
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search