Logic 7.2.1 with Pro Tools HD Hardware!! ahhhh
Old 14th August 2006
Gear addict

Logic 7.2.1 with Pro Tools HD Hardware!! ahhhh

I used pro tools 6.7 with Logic 7 and a 192 i/o for over a year with a few bugs here and there, but I've noticed since the switch to Pro Tools 7 and Logc 7.2.1 much more instability and bugs. For example the bug that happens when you copy a midi object to either a different track or the same track but a different location on the timeline that the notes randomly tranpose themself. Violent crashing, etc.
It has become worse and worse to work with. (fresh install of tiger was done bout 4 monthes ago.)
I am not running anything unusual that would cause it to run poorly.
When we originally setup this studio I assumed it would be nice to have Pro Tools for mostly tracking/mixing audio and Logic for our heavy programming/sequencing that we do often and it was worked well so far. It just seems to be getting worse.
Anyone else on this forum use HD hardware with Logic and expierence major instability?
Anyone here have a similar setup using seperate hardware running Logic outs into PT that doesnt have a terribly harsh workflow?

Thanks
Old 14th August 2006
Lives for gear

I am using Logic 7.2.1 with PT 7.1.
Since ditching the ESB in favour of Core Audio routed digitally into PT it is very stable now.
Old 14th August 2006
Lives for gear

I am only using VI's- not native audio tracks.
By using the delay function per instrument (midi delay) it is pretty much on the money.

JR
Old 14th August 2006
Gear maniac

I simply refuse to use any software that makes you tiptoe around on eggshells... just my own opinion (logic 7.1 and 2 dual 2ghz g5's about a year ago) was a bloated sack of pooh... I used logic on PC until they were "hijacked" by apple. Emagic was a truly awesome company, and NO ONE can **** with the software instruments which were(and are) included with logic... thats the only thing I miss , in fact since switching to protools...

ps:
apple "care"....pleasedfegad
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

Logic + DAE/HTDM = no PDC !£$!$$!@£$@£$@£$

So annoying , if MOTU can do it with DP why not logic.

Boooo!!!!

GFX
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search