Ozone 5 Vs TRacks CS Grand
Old 15th February 2013
  #1
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
Ozone 5 Vs TRacks CS Grand

Tracks has evolved since its come out, and though last check, it was not at all favored vs Ozone for mastering specifically, I wonder whether opinions about this have changed due to the new units?
Old 16th February 2013
  #2
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
The reason i ask, is because I just upgraded to Tracks Grand with a great deal from audio midi ($112). Ozone is a great tool for mastering, and I want to know if it redundant, given my new purchase.
Old 16th February 2013
  #3
Gear Head
 

I've tested once both on the mixbuss of the same mix, and T-racks harmed pretty badly the depth of the mix. All the sense of depth was gone. From then on, I've been using it as singles on the tracks, and for that purpose it's doing well.
Old 16th February 2013
  #4
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
So did ozone do any better?
And did you just use presets or dial in your own mastering chain?
Old 16th February 2013
  #5
Gear Head
 

For that test back than (with the demo versions), I exported the mix couple of times with a bunch of presets of both apps applied, just for having an initial impression of the basic qualities of each. The attribute I talked about was taking places regardless the preset I chose. Today I own both, but use only Ozone for "mastering".
Old 17th February 2013
  #6
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel S View Post
For that test back than (with the demo versions), I exported the mix couple of times with a bunch of presets of both apps applied, just for having an initial impression of the basic qualities of each. The attribute I talked about was taking places regardless the preset I chose. Today I own both, but use only Ozone for "mastering".
okay, thanks.
Old 17th February 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Janesaid2me's Avatar
I demoed t racks in the past and hated it... Not sure if the new ones any better but it sure looks nicer
Since then I've been using ozone 3 4 and now 5.... And each time it gets better
Old 20th February 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Breaks Dude's Avatar
 

I am interested in checking CS Grand out. I have Ozone Advanced 5, but am a sponsored artist with IK multimedia. They sent me a serial back in December but I haven't had time to download it and install the program. I do like Ozone btw. I wish I knew how to really take advantage of it. CS Grand looks really nice. So little time!
Old 20th February 2013
  #9
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaks Dude View Post
I am interested in checking CS Grand out. I have Ozone Advanced 5, but am a sponsored artist with IK multimedia. They sent me a serial back in December but I haven't had time to download it and install the program. I do like Ozone btw. I wish I knew how to really take advantage of it. CS Grand looks really nice. So little time!
For me, CS Grand is an absolute must have for mixing. Its processors (black, white brit channel) provide colors that I try to get other ways, but never quite get there. For mastering, people seem to have reservations - I haven't yet tried it this way. If you are getting it for free, what's the holdup?
Old 20th February 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
fireberd's Avatar
 

I had demo versions of Ozone 5 and TRackS. I did some mixes of the same song, using default settings in the programs and gave them to a friend who is a Nashville songwriter and major label producer. The Ozone 5 mixes won for each one I gave him.
Old 20th February 2013
  #11
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I had demo versions of Ozone 5 and TRackS. I did some mixes of the same song, using default settings in the programs and gave them to a friend who is a Nashville songwriter and major label producer. The Ozone 5 mixes won for each one I gave him.
Useful information. This was a mastering and not a mixing project, correct?
Old 20th February 2013
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Breaks Dude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSon View Post
For me, CS Grand is an absolute must have for mixing. Its processors (black, white brit channel) provide colors that I try to get other ways, but never quite get there. For mastering, people seem to have reservations - I haven't yet tried it this way. If you are getting it for free, what's the holdup?
Just preoccupied, and because I don't do much mastering on my end.
Old 20th February 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Janesaid2me's Avatar
Yea it looks like the black and white and brit channels are cool....if you dont already have similar plugins...
If i was looking to master audio though id go with ozone over t racks...
If you want/need all the other stuff in tRacks grand then maybe go for that?!
Old 20th February 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
fireberd's Avatar
 

Papason, yes those were mastering, not individual tracks.
Old 21st February 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
ksandvik's Avatar
 

Hard to beat the mid-range support Ozone has...
Old 21st February 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Breaks Dude's Avatar
 

OK so I got this installed yesterday on my MacBook, and it seems to work pretty well. I have Ozone Adv 5 on my studio PC so no "head to head" yet but I will try and give that a shot this week or next.
Old 22nd February 2013
  #17
Gear addict
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaks Dude View Post
OK so I got this installed yesterday on my MacBook, and it seems to work pretty well. I have Ozone Adv 5 on my studio PC so no "head to head" yet but I will try and give that a shot this week or next.
Good to know, looking forward to your impressions.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
cfdude / So much gear, so little time!
66
stereobot / Music Computers
1
andrewj / Music Computers
6
rodhmos / Mastering forum
7

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.