New Reply
Subscribe
Jack Whack
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

Friggin 003

hey guys
i just bought myself a digidesign 003 and i just can't get it to work. i have downloaded the newest drivers, newest updates for pro tools and osx. i just can't get pro tools to recognize that a 003 is connected. it is connected through a firewire 400-800 cable to my macbook pro 13' with osx 10.6.8 and it just doesn't want to connect to the computer. screen just stays at '003 offline'. and before anyone says to do so, yes i have pressed 'n' at the pro tools loading screen to change the playback engine, but the 003 is just not there. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Whack View Post
hey guys
i just bought myself a digidesign 003 and i just can't get it to work. i have downloaded the newest drivers, newest updates for pro tools and osx. i just can't get pro tools to recognize that a 003 is connected. it is connected through a firewire 400-800 cable to my macbook pro 13' with osx 10.6.8 and it just doesn't want to connect to the computer. screen just stays at '003 offline'. and before anyone says to do so, yes i have pressed 'n' at the pro tools loading screen to change the playback engine, but the 003 is just not there. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack
Being that the Digi003 has been discontinued for awhile, did you buy this used? If so, it could be a bad unit. Do you have a firewire hard-drive that has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400 on it? I ask because if you go FW800 from the computer to the drive, and then FW400 from the drive to the interface---that has fixed these issues when it was a connectivity problem.
www.theaudioprofessional.com (to meet me)

p:(404)844-9758 (24-hour phone/voicemail)
e:blyons@gcpro.com

*No one beats my value of Expert Advice, Personal Service, and Incredible Pricing....NO ONE*
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

003 fw800 to 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Being that the Digi003 has been discontinued for awhile, did you buy this used? If so, it could be a bad unit. Do you have a firewire hard-drive that has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400 on it? I ask because if you go FW800 from the computer to the drive, and then FW400 from the drive to the interface---that has fixed these issues when it was a connectivity problem.
I can confirm what Brad says here. I have a Mac Mini connected to a FW800 drive and out of that into my 003 rack + w/o any problems! [Logic 9, Pro Tools 9, Reaper 4.x, Wavelab 7]
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplatxx View Post
I can confirm what Brad says here. I have a Mac Mini connected to a FW800 drive and out of that into my 003 rack + w/o any problems! [Logic 9, Pro Tools 9, Reaper 4.x, Wavelab 7]
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE! How's things in Bermuda my brother? I have a 5-year wedding anniversary this year----I think this is the year I finally get down there to visit everyone.
Jack Whack
15th February 2013
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Yeah I did buy it used from the states, so it could be possible that it may be the 003 itself. Do you know where abouts I could find a firewire hard-drive with both 400-800 ports? I've rang a few different places and no one seems to have one.
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013
Lives for gear

No worries! You have to go manually into your computer's control panel and rollback the driver for your firewire port to Legacy version. You runnin windows 7?
www.wordofmoufrecordings.com
Jack Whack
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
No worries! You have to go manually into your computer's control panel and rollback the driver for your firewire port to Legacy version. You runnin windows 7?
No. Running Mac OSX 10.6.8. I am thinking of updating up to Mountain Lion as I was wondering if the drivers are maybe made to perform on that.
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Quote:
No. Running Mac OSX 10.6.8. I am thinking of updating up to Mountain Lion as I was wondering if the drivers are maybe made to perform on that.
Did you install the 003 drivers?

Do you know anyone else with a 003 that you can switch yours with? Or anyone with a Mac with FW400 ports so you don't have to use the adaptor lead?

It's most likely there's a software issue going on - yes the 003 could be bust, but it's not the most likely solution.

Jack Robert Hardman (New EP now on sale), Morgan Joanel,
Edens March
and High-Tails.

If I've helped you out, please consider supporting these artists as a favour to me!

Major label credits include Pharrell/Alicia Keys, Ricky Martin (Aus #3), John Legend, Taylor Henderson (Aus #1 ARIA Album), Di-Rect (Dutch #1 single), etc
Jack Whack
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Did you install the 003 drivers?

Do you know anyone else with a 003 that you can switch yours with? Or anyone with a Mac with FW400 ports so you don't have to use the adaptor lead?

It's most likely there's a software issue going on - yes the 003 could be bust, but it's not the most likely solution.
Yes I have installed the drivers, and no I don't anyone else with a 003 or mac with a firewire 400 port. I have been searching for so many hours for answers but not successful and found a post somewhere that said if the HOST 1394 light doesn't turn on then it may be the firewire chip needs replacing?
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Quote:
Yes I have installed the drivers, and no I don't anyone else with a 003 or mac with a firewire 400 port. I have been searching for so many hours for answers but not successful and found a post somewhere that said if the HOST 1394 light doesn't turn on then it may be the firewire chip needs replacing?
Could be...but it could equally be there's a problem with the FW cable, or something else. Is there ANYONE locally who might help you eliminate variables? local music store? friend of a friend? otherwise you're looking at paying someone else to do the investigative work for you.

One thing you could check. Under "about this mac - more info - FW devices" - does the 003 show? If not - it still doesn't eliminate the cable, but it does mean it's not purely software.

If it's there - most likely the 003 is fine and it's something to do with the software end of things.

just to double double check, you downloaded the additional drivers here: </title> <script src="/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript?rel=1360716293000" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="/pkb/jslibrary/1358465686000/sfdc/JiffyStubs.js"></script><script src="/pkb/static/101812/js/functions.js right? sorry to keep harping on, but if your computer IS seeing the 003 but PT isn't, that's the sort of thing that trips people up.
Jack Whack
16th February 2013
Old 16th February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Could be...but it could equally be there's a problem with the FW cable, or something else. Is there ANYONE locally who might help you eliminate variables? local music store? friend of a friend? otherwise you're looking at paying someone else to do the investigative work for you.

One thing you could check. Under "about this mac - more info - FW devices" - does the 003 show? If not - it still doesn't eliminate the cable, but it does mean it's not purely software.

If it's there - most likely the 003 is fine and it's something to do with the software end of things.

just to double double check, you downloaded the additional drivers here: </title> <script src="/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript?rel=1360716293000" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="/pkb/jslibrary/1358465686000/sfdc/JiffyStubs.js"></script><script src="/pkb/static/101812/js/functions.js right? sorry to keep harping on, but if your computer IS seeing the 003 but PT isn't, that's the sort of thing that trips people up.
I have rang my local music store just waiting to hear back from their technician. When I go in to "about this mac, more info, firewire" it is not there at all. Yeah I have downloaded and installed those exact drivers. So yeah, the computer itself doesn't see it.
Oh btw i just checked the "about this mac, more info, firewire" and it says "Warning: Unable to list FireWire Devices"

Last edited by Jack Whack; 16th February 2013 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: added info
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search