How come Apogee´s Maestro doesn´t have Mute and Solo buttons?
Old 4th February 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

How come Apogee´s Maestro doesn´t have Mute and Solo buttons?

Sometimes I want to hear just the other monitor and in order to do so I have to physically turn off and on the other speaker. Just because in Maestro "mixer" I can´t mute, solo or even pan the master channel or any channels for that matter.

RME´s Total Mix and other company´s software mixers have these basic features, why doesn´t Apogee have them?
Old 7th February 2013

Bump.
Old 13th February 2013

2nd bump.
Old 13th February 2013
Gear interested

I feel your pain GearNerd; Maestro is a frustrating mess of an application. (It certainly is not a mixer in any useful sense.) The layout is not intuitive and the limited functionality is a real anchor when it comes to monitoring especially. I have an Ensemble, (Which I'll most likely replace with an Antelope Orion in future because I want more I/O and have soured on Apogee after dealing with all kinds of hardware/driver issues,) and the fact that there's no way to set up a mono mix in Maestro or pan is something that has driven me up the wall from the start. The only solution I know of is to use some kind of monitor controller or a hardware mixer. Alternatively you could move to another interface which has more fully featured software mixer control. (Metric Halo comes to mind.) Maestro itself has been left to languish without any marked expansion of its functionality for awhile now and, given Apogee's track record in software, that doesn't look set to change.

Not very encouraging I know...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search