49 key midi controller keyboard - advice needed
Old 3rd February 2013
Gear Head

49 key midi controller keyboard - advice needed

I bought a prodipe 49 key midi controller recently but have found the keybed not to my liking, theres not a consistent spring action/sound on pressing the keys, the spring action sounds slightly different on around 5 keys to the rest (found the keys a bit too heavy anyway) and also I cannot just plug in a damper/sustain pedal to work straight away. Should have done more research before I bought it, but its difficult to know anyway until youve actually tested one.

Anyhow what I need from my 49 key controller;

1. a narrow as possible length of keyboard with the modulation wheels at the back and not by the side of the keys for portability into a case I have. (so no longer than 31/32")

2.preferably light full size synth keys for deft synth work (not piano weighted or semi weighted)

3. must be able to be powered by an ac adaptor without pc connection and not solely usb. I need to be able to control/play another synth with midi using only the ac adaptor power.

4. need to be able to plug in a sustain pedal to work straight away.

5.good quality construction/reliable keybed. not too many knobs and sliders etc.

6. is there anything older which is dirt cheap used value/reliable which could do the job? (but not a korg prophecy)

saw this alto one is it any good? (I see its got semi weighted keys that will do as long as it ticks all the others boxes.)

Alto Live 49-Note USB Controller Keyboard | DV247
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Head

bump

anyone help? cheers
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Old 4th February 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
thanks for the piss take mate but I wanted real advice. I already did that btw
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Head

Two current models are the Akai MPK49 and Akai MAX49, but both have knobs and/or sliders. The mpk models seem to be pretty popular, but i have not used one myself.
M-Audio have the Oxygen 49, which is smaller, lighter, a little more basic, but should fit your criteria.
Is there a nearby music store where you can check them out in person? Coz that will always be recommended, especially if keyboard action is an important factor.
Sorry if i have only pointed out things you already know.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search