Ableton Looper Foot Pedal
New Reply
Subscribe
Donpepperoni
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear nut

Ableton Looper Foot Pedal

After exhaustive searching I can't seem to find the right midi footpedal for controlling Ableton looper. As I am doing a lot of international gigs these days the 'footprint' (haha) needs to be really small.
Any help and suggestions really appreciated!!
5th January 2013
Old 5th January 2013
Gear addict

6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear nut

Send a message via AIM to ankely
Donpepperoni
6th January 2013
Old 6th January 2013
Gear nut

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I think the Softstep looks a little big for my needs but looks nice for somebody who doesn't have to fly with it. I need something guitar pedal sized so the Logidy UMI3 looks like a contender. That's the only one I could find that is in this type of size, does anybody know of any others?
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

In the past I've just used the pedal input on various controllers. For instance there's a pedal input on both my Korg padkontrol and Behringer BCF2000. Plug in a standard cheap (or expensive) keyboard sustain pedal and there you go.

On the Padkontrol I also mapped a knob to select different loopers in a rack chain, so I have multitrack looping.

Check me out:
https://soundcloud.com/disgomusic
www.cooloutmusic.com
Donpepperoni
7th January 2013
Old 7th January 2013
Gear nut

Hi Coolout,

thanks for your reply.... Yeah, you are right but unfortunaltely the controller I use (Akai APC20) doesn't have the pedal in, really annoying that! The APC40 has it but not the APC20.

Like I say I need to take flights with this, mixer, 2 synths, 2 Drum Machines, effects, guitar, cables so size has to be as small as possible.

The Logidy one looks perfect but the problem is I have a gig in Paris next week (I live in London) and it seems you can only get this from the US. I won't get it in time. Suppose I'll need to just play without it and get one ordered for my next spate of gigs in March....

Thanks for the info dudes!!
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

A little shallow threadsurrection, but I thought I'd chime in with my experience.

I've been using a Line6 FBV Express Mk2 with Ableton Looper successfully (USB connection), very handy to have multiple switches at my disposal, not to mention the expression pedal (switchable between two modes, say volume and modulation). Well built and heavy enough to not get kicked around from stomping, no live use for me, but it seems very sturdy for live use if you go that direction.

The Line6 config software is handy too for reassigning controls to CCs, etc...

And it isn't a big behemoth like the Behringer, and well it isn't a Behringer product (usually a plus). It fits nicely under my desk.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search