Login / Register

Pro Tools - Importing Session data causes the whole project to distort on playback.
New Reply
Subscribe
jakekarno
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear interested

Pro Tools - Importing Session data causes the whole project to distort on playback.

Hello there,

It is now six hours since I sat down to do a new mix of an old song a band of mine recorded a few years back. So far I have achieved absolutely nothing.. Grrrrr....

The song was recorded at a sample rate of 96kh at a different studio and for some reason my computer didn't want to open it (it kept telling me my playback engine did not support a sample rate of 96kh even though I had set my soundcard to 96kh - strange). But that's ok I thought, I'll just make a new session and import the data at 44.1...

So I made a new session and imported the session data converting it to 44.1. But this is where things got really fun. When I hit play everything would playback distorted. I have now gone through track by track it and a lot of the tracks will play fine but then I'll add another and the whole session distorts again.

I am sooooo frustrated. Please help me, I need to do this mix for my portfolio to get into uni and I can't for the life of me work out what is going on.

thanks in advance

jake

ps

I am using a macbook pro with Pro Tools 9 and an edirol FA66 soundcard.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear Guru

is it possible that when you are importing the session data you are also importing plugs or volume automation from the other session that are pushing the tracks into distortion?

“What you ask about is music. What you like is sound. Now music and sound are akin, but they are not the same.”
— Confucius
jakekarno
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear interested

No I've removed all the plugins from the session. I literally just want to start again from scratch. If anyone could work out why it won't just open the original session at 96 that would be equally as useful.

jake
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekarno View Post
No I've removed all the plugins from the session.
what about automation?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search