Kontakt Automation
creegstor
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear doesn't kill people.

Kontakt Automation

So it seems you cannot automate the mixer output (including FX parameters) of Kontakt from your DAW. Am I crazy or is this really the case??
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Banned

I've been trying to do this with Maschine and Logic and it seems like it's the same case. I also use Kontact and couldn't map any automations. Has anybody found a solution?
creegstor
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012

Automating instrument parameters works as expected and is straightforward enough. It's just the output mixer and its processors/effects that I can't see a way of automating. I'm on Logic too btw.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
Automating instrument parameters works as expected and is straightforward enough. It's just the output mixer and its processors/effects that I can't see a way of automating.
Confirmed here - anything in the output mixer can't even be MIDI learned, let alone assigned to host automation, as far as I can tell.
creegstor
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012

That's kinda crazy really. An enormous gap in functionality... unless we're all missing something obvious!
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear interested

If you use the multiple output version of Kontakt (8out or 16out) you can set and leave the output control of the plug in, and automate/mix the instruments via their seperate outs in the DAW. It would be nice to have midi-learn inside Kontakt outs.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search