29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear interested

Question grond loop issue

my hardware -
desktop pc
pioneer ddj wego (usb powered)
two Rokit5's

i've googled and brought both Hum X, Ground loop isolator RCA cable but humming still exist. i am running a DESKTOP pc, not laptop like most ground loop issue easily fixed by running on battery. i can't do that on desktop pc.

my setup -

wall outlet -> surge protector 8
1) hum x -> power supply
2) monitor
3) left powered speaker
4) right powered speaker
5) cable modem
6~8) empty

i've tried the hum X on wall outlet then to the speaker and the buzzing noise got 10 times worse
also tried the hum x on monitor (where i connect the USB WeGo) to, noise still there
both my rk5 powered speakers are connect to Nexxtech Ground loop isolator and the noise is reduced by 40%
the noise got worse as soon as i turn on the usb DDJ

the main issue comes from usb ddj itself... i don't know what to do anymore...
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Do the speakers buzz on their own if you unplug their cables on the interface side? Are they proper speaker cables? What makes you think it is a ground loop problem?
SoupRice
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCruiser View Post
Do the speakers buzz on their own if you unplug their cables on the interface side? Are they proper speaker cables? What makes you think it is a ground loop problem?
the speakers has a little hum on their own and when i turn on the ddj wego, the buzzing got 20 times worse. my speakers are connected to a grounp loop isolator so the hum noise decreased by a lot.

i've gotten a usb isolator from ebay, hopefully it will solve my problem
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

For some reason the manual for the ddj says a USB hub cannot be used. Doesn't explain why. Not sure if the USB isolator will be a problem. Have you tried running the surge protector that is powering everything from a different outlet that is on a different circuit? Also make sure you are using the correct cables for the speakers. Should be balanced. Usually don't get ground loop problems when everything is powered from the same outlet.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search