Harrison Mixbus Sounds Great
New Reply
Subscribe
syntheticrhyme
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

Harrison Mixbus Sounds Great

I was always curious about Harrison mix bus but never jumped on it because so many people were reporting problems. Well, they have their $40 special which is on until january 2nd, so I had to try it. I've played with it all day yesterday and I'm very impressed. I'm not a tech guy and I have not compared side by side mixes with other daws, but the simple mixes I did sound more defined, more 3d and more pleasing sounding. The bottom line is that it is just fun to work with, every channel has a great sounding eq/comp/limiter and it just makes for a fun experience. I've been using it on a macbook pro (maybe it's bugier on pc, but on the mac I haven't encountered any problems. From now on, I'll more than likely be mixing using Mixbus. For $40 bucks, it's the best cash I've spent and I would encourage others to try it
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

A very nice sounding piece of software, and a very reasonable (sale) price.

For this PC user, however, the workflow and usability of the software is alien, counter-intuitive and clunky. I'm sure this is due to its roots in Linux and Mac.

I'm not sure how broad the scope of development will be for PC. I'd asked one of the devs (a very nice chap, btw) if there was a way that the mixer could be docked, and accessed via a tab (or plans to that effect). The response was to suggest dual monitors.

I find it too hard to use for anything other than mixdown. I do wish them the best of luck!
syntheticrhyme
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by at4033 View Post
A very nice sounding piece of software, and a very reasonable (sale) price.

For this PC user, however, the workflow and usability of the software is alien, counter-intuitive and clunky. I'm sure this is due to its roots in Linux and Mac.

I'm not sure how broad the scope of development will be for PC. I'd asked one of the devs (a very nice chap, btw) if there was a way that the mixer could be docked, and accessed via a tab (or plans to that effect). The response was to suggest dual monitors.

I find it too hard to use for anything other than mixdown. I do wish them the best of luck!
Somethings definately take getting used to. For myself, I compose everything in Reason and will just use it to mix on. I'll probably track vocals in reason as well since I'm used to it, but for mixing the mixbus really excels for some reason. I think if more people jump onboard they will continue to develop it even further with midi and rewire, that would be great.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

I just bit on the $40 deal. Compared to the DAW I use, it is VERY limited in its functionality. I bought the Mixbus as it is marketed, as a mixing consol. I can use it as a mixer for my HD24 or as a virtual summing mixer for my DAW. I do like the feel this software gives to my mixes, and for the money it is a GREAT deal.

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search