Chris Lord Alge Drums expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums
johnstanford
Thread Starter
#1
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #1
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Chris Lord Alge Drums expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums

Just saw an ad for Chris Lord Alge Drums expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums in the latest Sound on Sound.

Is this a new product? There's nothing about it on the Steven Slate site that I can find...
#2
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #2
Gear addict
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
 

Slate mentioned on twitter that new SSD4 signature expansion packs are coming/announced today. Cool to hear CLA is coming and interested to hear how they sound.
#3
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #3
Gear nut
 
davidgary73's Avatar
 



Expansion pack for SSD 4 & Trigger users.
#4
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Good news.
#5
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #5
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Hi guys, we're still getting this ready and will have demos and a lot more info soon. I'm going to put an official thread in the NEW PRODUCT forum when it's done, so please no one jump the gun on that, thanks!

You're gonna love these drums. They are incredible.

Cheers,
Steven
#6
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
thedigitalgod's Avatar
 

just bought them, but i cant download the library. 404 error.
#7
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #7
Gear maniac
 
Raoul23's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi guys, we're still getting this ready and will have demos and a lot more info soon. I'm going to put an official thread in the NEW PRODUCT forum when it's done, so please no one jump the gun on that, thanks!

You're gonna love these drums. They are incredible.

Cheers,
Steven
Will there be an introductory offer I'm gagging for this pack the money is burning a hole in my pocket :-)
#8
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 
scorpix74's Avatar
Excited to hear it.
#9
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #9
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Guys the purchase link was put up prematurely, this pack is NOT ready for download. So sorry about it. You'll get an email and it will be in the NEW PRODUCT forum when ready.

If you have purchased, then it will be in your account for redownload later today.

Steven
#10
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Jorg's Avatar
looks amazing. Cant wait to hear demos. Are they for Kontakt?
#11
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #11
Lives for gear
 
thedigitalgod's Avatar
 

thanks for the reply, but i'd be lying if i said my ass wasn't already a bit chapped for having to pay extra to use the same library in SSD and Trigger -- then buy it and can't download it. . . annoying to say the least.
#12
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #12
Gear maniac
 
Raoul23's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalgod View Post
thanks for the reply, but i'd be lying if i said my ass wasn't already a bit chapped for having to pay extra to use the same library in SSD and Trigger -- then buy it and can't download it. . . annoying to say the least.
So you have to buy it twice if you own trigger and SSD allowing u to use it in both ???????
#13
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #13
Lives for gear
 
thedigitalgod's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
So you have to buy it twice if you own trigger and SSD allowing u to use it in both ???????
yes. at a discounted rate when buying both simultaneously, but you still have to pay extra to get both. i think that's a rather ridiculous concept, personally.
#14
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Oroz's Avatar
 

Can we use the library with the Kontatk version or do you need the SSD4 player?
#15
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #15
Gear maniac
 
Raoul23's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalgod View Post
yes. at a discounted rate when buying both simultaneously, but you still have to pay extra to get both. i think that's a rather ridiculous concept, personally.
No way really gutted :-(
Dz7
#16
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #16
Dz7
Gear addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalgod View Post
yes. at a discounted rate when buying both simultaneously, but you still have to pay extra to get both. i think that's a rather ridiculous concept, personally.
Agreed, especially considering the expansion is 75% the price of SSD4 itself...
#17
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #17
Lives for gear
 
thedigitalgod's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
Can we use the library with the Kontatk version or do you need the SSD4 player?
SSD4 is necessary
#18
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
I'm going to put an official thread in the NEW PRODUCT forum when it's done, so please no one jump the gun on that, thanks!
Haha. Good luck!
#19
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #19
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Hi folks, we'll have official release shortly.

The amount of man hours to program both the TRIGGER and SSD4 formats is insane, and buying them both together you only pay $50 more which is very fair. You'll see the combo TRIGGER/SSD4 pack on the bottom of the STORE page.

The pricing of the CLA pack is insanely low for the sounds you get, and it's unfair to compare it to the price of SSD Platinum which, with all of it's content, is worth double what we charge for it imo!

CLA Pack is amazing. It's soooo... CLA sounding! Can't wait for you guys to make music with it.

We're almost there. TRIGGER CLA Pack is still uploading.. again, sorry for jumping the gun on our store page.

Steven
#20
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #20
Gear maniac
 
Raoul23's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi folks, we'll have official release shortly.

The amount of man hours to program both the TRIGGER and SSD4 formats is insane, and buying them both together you only pay $50 more which is very fair. You'll see the combo TRIGGER/SSD4 pack on the bottom of the STORE page.

The pricing of the CLA pack is insanely low for the sounds you get, and it's unfair to compare it to the price of SSD Platinum which, with all of it's content, is worth double what we charge for it imo!

CLA Pack is amazing. It's soooo... CLA sounding! Can't wait for you guys to make music with it.

We're almost there. TRIGGER CLA Pack is still uploading.. again, sorry for jumping the gun on our store page.

Steven
$200 for both the trigger and SSD 4 pack that's not to bad :-)
lxm
#21
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #21
lxm
Gear maniac
 

meh....
Dz7
#22
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #22
Dz7
Gear addict
I still think it's quite high, especially for SSD4plat owners. Reminds me of the cheap printer deals from box stores with expensive cartridges; I realize it's CLA but still...an introductory offer would be much appreciated.

(Other option is, increase your SSD4plat price! Kidding)
#23
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #23
Gear maniac
 
Raoul23's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz7 View Post
I still think it's quite high, especially for SSD4plat owners. Reminds me of the cheap printer deals from box stores with expensive cartridges; I realize it's CLA but still...an introductory offer would be much appreciated.

(Other option is, increase your SSD4plat price! Kidding)
Yeah an introductory offer would be lovely :-)
#24
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #24
Gear interested
 

Well,i think i was the first one to buy the CLA pack for ssd4.
and.. shure..
I downloaded it. Like 4 times now.

! D:\CLA - SSD4 Ting\CLA.part1.rar: CRC failed in Chris Lord-Alge.lib\02 Snares.sdt\Pearl Steel.ssd. The file is corrupt
! D:\CLA - SSD4 Ting\CLA.part1.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Funny,it tok me 6 mounth`s to get ssd4 gowing (i bouth it 23 des 2011) fix after fix..
I feel i need to get something for free now..just saying!

yesterday,i bouth VCC,Fg-X and VTM

Steven,please make shure things is top notch!!

yeah,it`s my first post in here. I was not a member of gearslutz before today

Last edited by seedoftheday; 28th November 2012 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: add text
#25
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #25
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 

Steven,

I just bought the pack for 149 and it said for trigger and ssd4. well i own trigger platinum incl deluxe expansion and ssd4 platinum. other than the fact that this is a major fkup, i am not going to be able to buy the CLA BUNDLE FOR TIGGER & SSD4 for $199 instead of -excuse me -$399- (the hell? thats the almost the price of pro tools 10 native).

i am willing to pay 50 bucks more to get the trigger functionality that was announced when i bought this but not an additional $149 for the CLA EXPANSION FOR TRIGGER.

i expect your support on this one.
#26
28th November 2012
Old 28th November 2012
  #26
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Hi Nickel, there was a combo pack of CLA TRIGGER/SSD4 in the store which added up to $199.. if you purchased the wrong thing.. hit up support for a refund and they'll get you what you need.

CLA pack is currently offline but will be back shortly.

Cheers,
Steven
#27
29th November 2012
Old 29th November 2012
  #27
Lives for gear
 
thedigitalgod's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedoftheday View Post
Well,i think i was the first one to buy the CLA pack for ssd4.
and.. shure..
I downloaded it. Like 4 times now.

! D:\CLA - SSD4 Ting\CLA.part1.rar: CRC failed in Chris Lord-Alge.lib\02 Snares.sdt\Pearl Steel.ssd. The file is corrupt
! D:\CLA - SSD4 Ting\CLA.part1.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Funny,it tok me 6 mounth`s to get ssd4 gowing (i bouth it 23 des 2011) fix after fix..
I feel i need to get something for free now..just saying!

yesterday,i bouth VCC,Fg-X and VTM

Steven,please make shure things is top notch!!

yeah,it`s my first post in here. I was not a member of gearslutz before today
i have the same error and ive downloaded the files 4 times over the past 6 hours.
#28
29th November 2012
Old 29th November 2012
  #28
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Sorry for your issues. The final versions will be fully uploaded by tomorrow morning. I would erase all of your downloaded content and try again tomorrow. Make sure to follow the directions after download with the license etc.

Cheers,
Steven
#29
29th November 2012
Old 29th November 2012
  #29
www.KevWestBeats.com
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

I saw this today. I don't own SSD and probably never will but I like what I see.
#30
29th November 2012
Old 29th November 2012
  #30
Gear maniac
 
sl4zhz's Avatar
 

this is amazing.. an introductory offer would be lovely
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Jake 2.0 / Drums!
24
donsolo / Music Computers
37
recky / So much gear, so little time!
83
Dopamine / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
15
Blast9 / So much gear, so little time!
29

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.