Aurora Lynx Users - Are You Happy?
Benny Hill
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Gear Head

Aurora Lynx Users - Are You Happy?

Doing some research before making a purchase. Read a few threads already.

How many of you Lynx users feel like you made the right decision and how many of you eventually got rid of it and went with something that you consider better?

Thanks
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Not a Lynx owner, but I do generally like Lynx gear. The Aurora converters sound nice. I have a friend with a studio who has had to get his repaired twice, and he says that it was pretty expensive. I don't know if this is a common problem or not, as I had not heard of it before. I've been using Mytek converters forever, and they just work. I picked the more expensive RME AES card over the Lynx AES after talking to several owners, but those two are the value-priced offerings for me, performance/dollar.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Gear Head

I am a home user; not a professional user. I have an Aurora 8 connected to my PC via a Lynx L22 and LStream interface. I was an early Aurora adopter, and I have never had any trouble with it. Therefore, I have been running this setup for at least 5 years.
I can't compare it to any other high end audio interfaces, but it sounds a lot better than the M-audio Delta 1010 that it replaced. (The D1010 had to be shipped back to M-audio for repair 3 times withing a few years.)
In making your decision, also consider the Lynx forum, which is the main point of contact for technical assistance. Lynx has, among all of my equipment and software, absolutely the finest and most responsive technical assistance I have ever experienced in the 30 years in which electronic music production has been my avocation.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Hill View Post
Doing some research before making a purchase. Read a few threads already.

How many of you Lynx users feel like you made the right decision and how many of you eventually got rid of it and went with something that you consider better?

Thanks
The Lynx ADA converters are a great deal, built well, and sound awesome. They have great support for their products, and really know what they're doing in the engineering department. No smoke and mirrors anywhere. Just real solid intuitive and affordable designs. These converters are clean, colorless with good headroom, and low noise performance. The Features they do have are clutch and at their price tag, I think the Aurora setup is an easy choice.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Gear maniac

Satisfied Lynx User Here, Much better quality (sound and construction) than previous interface. It's been far more reliable and I have gotten great customer service for thing that have turned out to be operator error.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

I'll just chime in even though I don't have the Aurora; I have the LYNX TWO-B card and I've been very happy with it. Great sound quality for a card, good support and very low latency.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search