New Reply
Subscribe
sei046
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Gear Head

Plugin Automation in Logic

Hi,
I have been messing with automating plugins with midi controllers briefly. For example assigning a knob to the threshold, attack and release of CLA 76 etc.

What I would like is that for a given plugin the same knob will automate whatever plugin is open on any track. So if I assign a set of knobs to certain plugins it will automatically automate that plugin if it is open regardless of what instance it is.

At the minute i can get it to automate a particular plugin on a particular track. Any ideas?

I tend to use the same group of plugins all the time so it might be handy to have a group of knobs or sliders assigned to a particular plugin when I open it.
20th November 2012
Old 20th November 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sei046 View Post
Hi,
I have been messing with automating plugins with midi controllers briefly. For example assigning a knob to the threshold, attack and release of CLA 76 etc.

What I would like is that for a given plugin the same knob will automate whatever plugin is open on any track. So if I assign a set of knobs to certain plugins it will automatically automate that plugin if it is open regardless of what instance it is.

At the minute i can get it to automate a particular plugin on a particular track. Any ideas?

I tend to use the same group of plugins all the time so it might be handy to have a group of knobs or sliders assigned to a particular plugin when I open it.
Keep using that particular track but make it an empty track so it looks like the track on the left side of this video. This video shows automating one knob on the effect on the right, but all you have to do is put a monitor object between the track on the left side and the macro just to the right of the left track that way from the monitor object you can output to as many macros you want to add so that you can cable to other knobs and other knobs on other effects.
So now you just automate on the track on the left while the macros do the work on automating as many knobs and in as many effects you want.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search