Logic Pro: Turbo, or no?
New Reply
Subscribe
jackdamery
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear maniac

Logic Pro: Turbo, or no?

Ok so after 2 and half years of using FL studio since my mac pro with Logic died, I finally got round to buying an old macbook and installing Logic.

It's chuffing great isn't it? I remembered that the synths that come with it sound cool, but I'd say they sound better than most third party plugins. I like that I don't have to switch over to asio drivers to play notes in real time. I like the feel of the programme.

The only major difference I notice is its mega long winded way of programming notes in the piano roll. Maybe this will get faster the more I get familiar with it.

This afternoon I've been playing about with it and loading the bounces into FL studio to add more flavour. I'm really pleased with the results. I understand that some famous producers use more than one DAW. I can totally see the benefits to that.

Anyway, anyone got any advice on killer AU plugins for Logic etc?
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Look at KVRaudio for some free or close to it. I'm very happy with Komplete8 ultimate, and N.i. typically have a good thanksgiving sale.
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear addict

I got it down pretty good with painting midi notes. Left mouse click is pencil tool, right mouse click is erase tool ( in preferences assign/allow right click) and if I wanna delete a bunch of notes, I right click and hold and right click again to delete them all. Easiest way i've figured out so far. As for velocity I use shift and left mouse click......
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search