Login / Register

Windows 7 not recognizing MBOX PRO (3rd Gen)
New Reply
Subscribe
Slainte
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear interested

Windows 7 not recognizing MBOX PRO (3rd Gen)

Hello,

I bought my MBOX PRO 3rd Gen a few months ago and have recently moved. Before I moved I was able to get my Windows 7 PC w/ a Rosewill IE1394 card to recognize my MBOX PRO 3rd Gen, but now that I have set up my hardware at my new location I get the following error when I try to start Pro Tools 9:

"Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Clock "OK" when the hardware is ready."

I have downloaded and installed the latest Avid firmware 1.0.19
My computer recognized my Rosewill Firewire card and says that the drivers are up to date. I am working with two almost new firewire cables that have worked before.

I remember it being difficult to get my PC to recognize the Avid hardware the last time I set it up, but unfortunately I don't remember what I did to finally get the PC to see the hardware. I was able to record a few test tracks before I moved, so I know the hardware set up that I have can work.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20th December 2012
Old 20th December 2012
Gear maniac

I'm bumping this because I'm having the same issue!

Thanks.
29th September 2013
Old 29th September 2013
Gear interested

Hey there! Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same exact problem. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have the exact same firewire card you do
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search