RME Fireface 800 and Windows 8 Drivers wont install?
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

RME Fireface 800 and Windows 8 Drivers wont install?

My issue : RME Fireface 800. Worked a charm on W7 had some glitching with sound dropping out or a cycle of split second shrills lookping until I closed the application use brute force task manager or resetting the fireface. I have had this issue on slightly in W7 usually when messing around with new 3rd party plugins wrapped in jbridge, however on this occassion in W8 it's any audio playback after a few seconds or maybe 10 - 30 mins+, its quite random.

So I uninstalled the driver with FF switch off, removed any fireface or win_fire files from the C drive (search and delete). Now W8 will not allow me to install the drivers. W8 sees the hardware (yellow exclamation) but when loading win_fire_3069 drivers I get :

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
RME Fireface800

Trhe system cannot find the specified path.

I am of course directing the driver install in device manager to asecondary drive where win_fire_3069 is unzipped in a folder.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

*update*

Tried an Access Virus TI in W8 and works as soundcard yippee temp till FF resolved.
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

I heard ff ufx and babyface were ok on w8. I don't know about ff800. Have you tried to ask about your probem in rme forum?
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

Yes Ive posted there too, sharing the info as i am sure someone somewhere can either help or maybe benefit if in same prediciment as I.

RME User Forum / Windows 8 x64 FF800 issue

PS How are you getting on with your Quneo, finally got mine installed properly onUSB2 as had issues and didnt realise I plugged it into usb 1 port?
Old 10th November 2012
Lives for gear

Reinstalled Windows7 - as faithful as ever, all I need from Windows8 is any performance enhancement minus the new GUI. If only W7 could update to W8 with optional attachments so to speak
Old 20th November 2012
Gear Head

No problems with W8 x64 clean install and FF800. Intel MOBO and noname PCI FW card.
Old 20th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazznfunk View Post
No problems with W8 x64 clean install and FF800. Intel MOBO and noname PCI FW card.
I might invest the time to upgrade to W8 in the future, but having to install and configure settings, drivers and software and updates is probably a 3-5 day job. So shame cause my W7 install is clean except for w7 updates and preinstalled drivers so the upgrade doesnt work for me with audio drivers unfortunately.

I might try again by uninstalling the drivers and clean sweeping. But Im in no hurry and dont see the benefit with the new GUI at this current time. Maybe next year
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazznfunk View Post
I'm on W8 x32 with intel mobo and noname PC FW card and have had nothing but problems so far with the FF800. What DAW are you using and did you roll back your firewire drivers to W7 legacy?
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

I keep meaning to update this post. Have spoken to RME and read other posts. I did a cardinal sin on the upgrade.

I have a W7 fresh install and all drives, programs and configuration backed up on a hard drive. So I re-imaged my master drive from the fresh installl backup and then upgraded W8 over the top. This actually caused problems with all audio drivers (RME, Access TI).

My golden rule with upgrades is to fresh install W7, then W8 over the top and then install all drivers. software, configure and then back up. I didn't on this occassion but as everything appeared to work I thought it was a RME driver issue. It is not!

I'll probably port back over to W8 when SP1 is released and the dust settles and I have a week to install and tinker about.

It takes a long time (3 days on and off) to install everything :

Daw + NI Komplete and all the updates + all other plugins I like to have to hand (the list is long) + personal configuration of data files and shortcut files.
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
I keep meaning to update this post. Have spoken to RME and read other posts. I did a cardinal sin on the upgrade.

I have a W7 fresh install and all drives, programs and configuration backed up on a hard drive. So I re-imaged my master drive from the fresh installl backup and then upgraded W8 over the top. This actually caused problems with all audio drivers (RME, Access TI).

My golden rule with upgrades is to fresh install W7, then W8 over the top and then install all drivers. software, configure and then back up. I didn't on this occassion but as everything appeared to work I thought it was a RME driver issue. It is not!

I'll probably port back over to W8 when SP1 is released and the dust settles and I have a week to install and tinker about.

It takes a long time (3 days on and off) to install everything :

Daw + NI Komplete and all the updates + all other plugins I like to have to hand (the list is long) + personal configuration of data files and shortcut files.
Hi mfx,

Could you check to see what firewire drivers your using under W7? It's my understanding that the fireface 800 does not work well with the new W8 signed TI firewire drivers.

Thanks,
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Im using 3.0.62.0 driver & hardware revision 2.77, notice that there's a 3.070 on the website since 19/12/12.

Hope this helps.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search