Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   Favorite Sample Libraries for Kontakt (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/781659-favorite-sample-libraries-kontakt.html)

Zoolook 14th November 2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garycactus (Post 9591037)
Spitfire Audio's Hans Zimmer percussion is nothing to do with Hans Zimmer. They just using his name to sell their newly recorded drums.

Hans never used those drums/percussions in his work, so the name "Hans Zimmer percussion" is a very misleading.

What are you talking about? Of course he's never used it, it hasn't even been released. He directed much of its creation though.

And..

Quote:

Spitfire Audio are delighted and honoured to present a series of products produced by Hans Zimmer and his diamond class team of grammy winning engineers, musicians and technicians. Where Hans Zimmer's style approach to sonic creation is often copied or emulated we're proud to present to the world at large HZ's definitive take on his trailblazing approach to cinematic percussion production. Herein lies not an emulation or synthesis of his approach, but a recreation. The same studio, musicians, instruments, signal chain and talented engineers, sitting alongside a decade of experience, innovation and refinement overseen in every detail by Hans himself. The same excrutiating attention to detail, perfection but most importantly the endless choice for tweakability and customisation you'd expect of the greatest of sound-smiths.
They wouldn't use his name like this, and he wouldn't allow it, if it was "nothing to do with him".

What a strange post...

Michael Khan 15th November 2013 12:31 AM

nobody mentioned east west?

Mike Connelly 15th November 2013 03:33 PM

They don't make Kontakt libraries any more.

Michael Khan 15th November 2013 10:05 PM

lol oh yeah.. :facepalm:

anybody know of any lesser known kontakt libraries with amazing sounds?

and i'm excited about Han's Percussion libraries.. I wonder when the audio demo's will be uploaded.. it might just be a game changer... well at least for me it will be.

classictunz 15th November 2013 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Michael Khan;9592522]nobody mentioned east west?[/QUOTE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Connelly (Post 9594002)
They don't make Kontakt libraries any more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 9595064)
lol oh yeah.. :facepalm:

anybody know of any lesser known kontakt libraries with amazing sounds?

and i'm excited about Han's Percussion libraries.. I wonder when the audio demo's will be uploaded.. it might just be a game changer... well at least for me it will be.

Oh you're talking to yourself...great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Michael Khan 15th November 2013 10:17 PM

please, don't be a trolla, i'm waitin on an email from tommy mottola

classictunz 15th November 2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 9595102)
please, don't be a trolla, i'm waiting on an email from tommy mottola

Just look like you asked a question then answered it(yourself), then you posted again. I could be wrong though...

Mike Connelly 15th November 2013 10:56 PM

Did you not see my post?

Michael Khan 15th November 2013 11:11 PM

ha im just messin with you playa(s)! and nah I did, i just forgot east west had their own seperate engine, doe.

classictunz 15th November 2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 9595244)
ha im just messin with you playa(s)! and nah I did, i just forgot east west had their own seperate engine, doe.

Me to bro, I'm just kidding around, plus its 2 different mike's. I'll :facepalm: myself for that one:). His libraries look very cool.

I'm going thru hundreds of patches between my Roland XV 5080, kontakt 5 and Halion Sonic SE.

Roland is wining most of the time, orders times its a tie!

I also compared the analog outs of the roland to its own digital outs. I'm liking the analog outs better, so I'm thinking could the software have similar benefits by getting converted to analog as well?

Maybe the process could add dome life to the software, so I ran kontakt from my iMac from the audio interface and I feel its an improvement, over staying all digital.

Again i could be wrong:(

I'm a step away from getting a fantom X or Moxf to run the editors in cubase. I'm so going thru hundreds of sounds trying to decide. I'll always keep the software, but I'm thinking hardware for go to sounds and instant access...

Michael Khan 15th November 2013 11:57 PM

that's cool. I finally bought an XV-5080 a year ago and I'm using it every so often. Do you have any SRX cards in it? I was thinking about getting the complete orchestra exp just so I can have a reliable place to look for certain sounds. Are you one of the guys who's controlling the module through your computer? I've been trying to figure that out with midiquest or something like that...

classictunz 16th November 2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 9595351)
that's cool. I finally bought an XV-5080 a year ago and I'm using it every so often. Do you have any SRX cards in it? I was thinking about getting the complete orchestra exp just so I can have a reliable place to look for certain sounds. Are you one of the guys who's controlling the module through your computer? I've been trying to figure that out with midiquest or something like that...

Complete Orc SRX is awesome! I have that Dance Supreme and ultimate keys. I haven't found anything ITB that out way those boards.

Why didn't you download the 5080 editor from the Roland site?