Login / Register

Using a second PC as a host for Reason...
New Reply
Subscribe
andruex
5th July 2006
Old 5th July 2006
Gear interested

Smile Using a second PC as a host for Reason...

Greetings!
Recently, I have made the decision to start bringing home some work (mostly composing and recording) and am about to purchase some new gear to help me.
Starting with a brand new Pentium 3, 2 Ghz processor, plenty of ram and a nice big harddrive, I was wondering if the dusty old PC I already own is redundant in this new rig?
I had read an article in AudioTechnology magazine some time ago, which rumoured that I would be able to use this old PC as a host for programs such as Reason, and have it connected to my new PC via SPDIF.
If I do set this up, I am just wondering if I will be wasting my time...you see, the older PC is only a 1.39 Ghz processor with 128 RAM... which leads me to believe that it may actually not benefit me in the way I was hoping.

Does anyone have any experience in hooking up two PC's in this way?

Thanks for your help,
-andru
5th July 2006
Old 5th July 2006
Gear maniac

i have a laptop set up w/ gigasampler, reason, and kontakt2. I use it like a workstation and come out of it multichannel w/ a MOTU into the board
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search