FrankSenese
14th September 2012
Old 14th September 2012
Gear interested

Pro Tools 10 to 9

Does anyone know a program, or anything that can help me convert a Pro Tools 10 file (.ptx) to a Pro Tools 9 file (.ptf). ANy help would be greatly appreciated! I need it ASAP
14th September 2012
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Head

You can do it within pro tools

Save copy as. And choose file type. Or something along those lines.
14th September 2012
Old 14th September 2012

I'm assuming its because you have PT9 and have been sent a PT10 session? I'd happily convert it for you. But if it's hug he you may have a job. MIGHT have some luck just sending the file itself but i doubt it !!
15th September 2012
Old 15th September 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
I'm assuming its because you have PT9 and have been sent a PT10 session? I'd happily convert it for you. But if it's hug he you may have a job. MIGHT have some luck just sending the file itself but i doubt it !!
As long as the wav-files do not exceed 4GB and you don't change the disc allocation before saving the .ptx as .ptf it should work fine without converting the audio. Never had a problem with handling sessions this way, as long as no .wav is larger than 4GB(!!!).
15th September 2012
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKetel View Post
As long as the wav-files do not exceed 4GB and you don't change the disc allocation before saving the .ptx as .ptf it should work fine without converting the audio. Never had a problem with handling sessions this way, as long as no .wav is larger than 4GB(!!!).
Pretty cool. Gonna have to remember that for when I forget to down-save for people that don't have pt10
15th September 2012
Old 15th September 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens119 View Post
Pretty cool. Gonna have to remember that for when I forget to down-save for people that don't have pt10
Depending on the version of PT you may have to watch out for a 2GB file size limit. Also make sure to split interleaved files. This is also relevant for the OP(sorry, forgot to mention it before). If there are interleaved files, you have to convert the audio of the session, because PT9 can't work with interleaved files. I never ran into trouble, because i never used sessions with interleaved files.
FrankSenese
17th September 2012
Old 17th September 2012
Gear interested

Thanks a lot! Narcoman, what program or method do you use to convert the save files? I would like to learn how I can do this on my own. If you don't want to post it on here, you could send me an email if you want, frank.senese@gmail.com
18th September 2012
Old 18th September 2012

nothing more than PT10 .... We have most DAWs here so it's a none issue. No magic bullet I'm afraid !!
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSenese View Post
Thanks a lot! Narcoman, what program or method do you use to convert the save files? I would like to learn how I can do this on my own. If you don't want to post it on here, you could send me an email if you want, frank.senese@gmail.com
Dude. You can do it with in pro tools 10 like I said earlier. It's not hard. I've done it plenty of times. Save. Copy as. Geesh.
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012

I'm taking it he doesn't have 10!!
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

You can find the pt 9-10 upgrade on eBay for $255 if you're trying to save $. I just bought it but I haven't installed it yet as I'm wrapping up a big mix project. I actually hardly use PT but I want to keep current and have the ability to work on any version someone might bring in. I'm hoping for a smooth upgrade.
19th September 2012
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

Try making a new session in 9 and importing all the session data. MIGHT work, worth a try.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search