Beware of Cryosonic
New Reply
Subscribe
sam c
9th September 2012
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

Beware of Crysonic

There are three of us, so far, that ordered two weeks ago, payed with PayPal and still have no delivery of plugs. After multiple emails to Crysonic I have filed a complaint with PayPal. Still waiting on that....
27 inch screen
Apollo Twin Duo
Pro Tools 10.3 & PT 11.1.2
Too many plug ins!

i7 quad core 3.48GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate
12 gigs RAM
dual 24" monitors
Samplitude Pro X Suites PT 11 Studio One V2
Lotsa amps...old guitar player ya know.

Hobbyist
Please take a listen to My Tunes
9th September 2012
Old 9th September 2012
Gear addict

Big boys don't cryo.

Sent from my Acer E320 using Gearslutz App
9th September 2012
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
There are three of us, so far, that ordered two weeks ago, payed with PayPal and still have no delivery of plugs. After multiple emails to Cryosonic I have filed a complaint with PayPal. Still waiting on that....
Sure you sent the emails to the right place? It's Crysonic, not Cryosonic.

Contact :: Crysonic - Professional Audio Plugins VST AU RTAS
9th September 2012
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

There are a bunch of threads complaining about crysonic but I hope you have better luck - to the above poster, the very fact that that link you posted says RTAS plugins and they don't (nor have they ever) supported RTAS is one thing that has always raised a red flag for me
"You only have a certain amount of headroom with Pro Tools... if you start pushing it a little bit too hard it's starts squawking like a chicken, if you go too low, it starts squawkin', you have to work within a certain realm otherwise you get zapped either way!" - Tad Donley (2006)
-
sam c
10th September 2012
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

sam c
10th September 2012
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
There are a bunch of threads complaining about crysonic but I hope you have better luck - to the above poster, the very fact that that link you posted says RTAS plugins and they don't (nor have they ever) supported RTAS is one thing that has always raised a red flag for me
Yep, we definitely should not have been fooled by cheap pricing.

I am surprised they are ignoring the PayPal complaint.
10th September 2012
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
Yep, we definitely should not have been fooled by cheap pricing.

I am surprised they are ignoring the PayPal complaint.
I don't know if they do now or not, but PayPal used to not cover ANY software download purchases.
18th September 2012
Old 18th September 2012
Gear nut

I received my download links yesterday. Looks like they've upgraded their licensing scheme, which i'm looking forward to.

Regardless of this small shop... The last set of plugins sounded bomb.
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
Gear interested

My experience with Crysonic is that they ARE shady... Best to wait til they announce that whatever plug they're hyping is ACTUALLY RELEASED. If you act on one of their "Order Early!" emails, you might be waiting for weeks or in my case, MONTHS.
Once a plug in set is actually released from them, then they purchase/delivery process is reasonable.
But they do NOT update their plugs ever, IMO.
They only release these cheap upgrades which you pay for...
All that said, I saw that the new Mastering Limiter of theirs is now out & I can upgrade to it for $15.
I'll announce here if I run into any shady dealings but I liked the last version of it so...
It's only $15 for me to upgrade... ; )
OSX.6.8 & OSX.8.5 [dual boot] running on MacPro [2009] Dual 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w 16GB RAM
Various plug-in suites, VIs and lots more.
I am a student to all that I think I know
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieIII View Post
My experience with Crysonic is that they ARE shady... Best to wait til they announce that whatever plug they're hyping is ACTUALLY RELEASED. If you act on one of their "Order Early!" emails, you might be waiting for weeks or in my case, MONTHS.
Once a plug in set is actually released from them, then they purchase/delivery process is reasonable.
All that said, I saw that the new Mastering Limiter of theirs is now out & I can upgrade to it for $15.
I'll announce here if I run into any shady dealings but I liked the last version of it so...
The above is true. I've bought 2 bundles over the past couple years and wait time was either less than a full working day up to a week. If you are an Existing Customer and they have their plugs actually available the price is insanely low for some of these plugs actually do sound good. Be forewarned,
little or no documentation or presets. I do admit I have been pretty aggressive via email regarding concerns or problems or wait times etc.
I guess this squeaky wheel is getting the grease.
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogen View Post
I received my download links yesterday. Looks like they've upgraded their licensing scheme, which i'm looking forward to.

Regardless of this small shop... The last set of plugins sounded bomb.
I am on Win 7 64 bit. There is an "install me first"
After that extract files and put .dll's in their respective folders. There is an activate exe. then up comes the serial and then you put in the auth codes.
Some went well while some plugs said activation unsuccessful. I went back and re-installed the "install me first" and tried activate all the plugs. Then it showed activation successful. One problem I have is "InPressa" while it shows it got activated, bring it up in either 32 or 64 bit hosts it cuts out like the demo. I shot them one email about a week ago, no response. So I'll go back and try several more times to see if I can get it working. If not, then I'll bombard them with emails like I have in the past that usually does the trick but could take more time then what would be considered acceptable.
19th October 2012
Old 19th October 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Hmmmmm...... Crysonic... Funny bunch.

I've bought loads of plugins from these guys over the years when they've had super cheap deals. Words mean different things to different people, but I'm not sure they are "shady". I don't think they are "on the take" or some kind of con outfit, as has been suggested by one or more GSs. I don't use RTAS so I haven't been paying attention to that angle. It does seem like a major oversight, but I bet they don't even notice it on their ads and website etc - they probably put it there right at the start when they perhaps intended to support that format and then forgot to update all the blurb etc. Shabby, and nowhere, but, I would suggest, not a scam to draw in punters and then not deliver. Has anyone emailed them and told them about the RTAS thing?

Overall, I have come to think of them as a very small group (perhaps even one person??) of programmers, who are totally chaotic when it comes to running the customer service/business side of things.

I have never had a "no delivery" of plugz I've bought, but more often than not I have to hassle them for activation codes, and delivery of download links. They are super slow, but they "get there in the end". It seems you have to be prepared to "remind" them about your purchases!

They do "over hype" with their emails, and I find that mildly irritating. However, like one other GS put it, if you can put up with a bit of irritation and slow service, you get a bunch of colourful plugins at very low prices that can prove to be useful for work.

However, if you're not up for it, then best leave well alone I'd say.
RME Fireface 400
Focusrite Octopre

http://my.music-jobs.com/kevin.edge

Last edited by kevaquarian; 19th October 2012 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: typos
19th October 2012
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

They have a Big Deal right now and it seems funny to me; 98 % discount?
Here it is;
//

"'THE' BIG EVENT SALE NOW ON UNTIL 19 OCTOBER SAVE $1300 98% PC & Mac OSX
ONLY $72

CryEverything now 11 Plug-ins Bundle+ Free upgrade to newB V3!

This bundle includes all currently available crysonic plugins, 10 in total INCLUDES the New RELEASED SPECTRALIVE VISION, INPRESSA , SPECTRA C2 +TRANSILATE TRANSIENT DESIGNER + SPECTRALIVE NXT V4 + SPECTRAPHY V2.3HD + BONUS SPECTRA Q

INCLUDES

NEW SPECTRALIVE VISION - Our Leading Audio Enhancer/ Exciter

NEW INPRESSA - Hi End Multiband Compressor

NEW SPECTRA C2 - Pro Audio Next Generation Compressor

NEW TRANSILATE TRANSIENT DESIGNER- One of our finest plug-ins to date, a true level independent Transient Designer, Increase or Decrease the punch & impact of any audio. A fundamental and an essential studio tool, this will be your most used plugin, we guarantee it!

SPECTRALIVE NXT V4- Fourth Generation industry Leading Professional Spectral Audio Vitality / Enhancement Processor, Now also available for Mac OS X + Countless New Features

SpectraPhy V2HD- SECOND GENERATION PHYSICS Based Look-ahead Mastering Limiter / Maximizer

SINDO V3.5- Extremely transparent Stereo image Expander (Widener) and Narrower with mono compatibility.

nXTasy V3.0 - Analog Harmonic Saturation at it's Best.

SpectraPhy LE V1.6- Physics Based All-Purpose Audio Limiter and Maximizer for Mixing, Tracking and Live work.

newB V2- Aural Acoustics Based BASS Enhancer V2 (+Free upgrade to V3!!)

+ BONUS SPECTRA Q

$1452
ONLY $72 !
OUR BEST EVER BIG EVENT SALE, MUST END 19 OCTOBER
SAVE OVER $1300"
//

This doesn't come across as very serious business to me.
19th October 2012
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevaquarian View Post

I've bought loads of plugins from these guys over the years when they've had super cheap deals. Words mean different things to different people, but I'm not sure they are "shady". I don't think they are "on the take" or some kind of con outfit, as has been suggested by one or more GSs. I don't use RTAS so I haven't been paying attention to that angle. It does seem like a major oversight, but I bet they don't even notice it on their ads and website etc - they probably put it there right at the start when they perhaps intended to support that format and then forgot to update all the blurb etc. Shabby, and nowhere, but, I would suggest, not a scam to draw in punters and then not deliver. Has anyone emailed them and told them about the RTAS thing?

Overall, I have come to think of them as a very small group (perhaps even one person??) of programmers, who are totally chaotic when it comes to running the customer service/business side of things.

I have never had a "no delivery" of plugz I've bought, but more often than not I have to hassle them for activation codes, and delivery of download links. They are super slow, but they "get there in the end". It seems you have to be prepared to "remind" them about your purchases!

They do "over hype" with their emails, and I find that mildly irritating. However, like one other GS put it, if you can put up with a bit of irritation and slow service, you get a bunch of colourful plugins at very low prices that can prove to be useful for work.

However, if you're not up for it, then best leave well alone I'd say.
So well put. Since my Demo of Cytomics "The Glue" expired before I gave it a real go, I guess my fault I only used it twice. I had bought one of Crysonics recent bundles and after getting the DL's and auth codes and finally had them all running, but this took more time than I would like. Nonetheless I will share now what my initial impressions are of them in use.
"Spectra C2"
is pretty straight forward and does have some color, warm but in a nice way and not muddy. I can see using it quite a bit.
"INPRESSA"
At first I need to really figure out the GUI. No manual, no ballpark presets(like all their plugs),
but after spending quite some time with it(so far just on the Mix Buss)
I am starting to get my head around it.
What is weird is I can't see/hear what the Lim button does. Also not on their site's pic of it there is a missing button "soft, 3 of them on the actual plug. Clicking on them does not engage or turn anything on. I am going to try support and ask about the above. We will see if I get answer although they did reply on one issue in a timely manner and I got it resolved.
I am not familiar with their "Steep 24 dB/Oct crossover filters" and guess will have to think this one out while in use.
Sound. Totally different that C2 as it is a little more cleaner and not as warm
but there is so much to tweak you can screw things up fast or like I finally did. get great results and when comparing on and bypass, Big difference for the better while on and tweaked appropriately. I like it.

SpectraLiveVision is a stream lined SPectralive. I was frustrated with 3.5 GUI.
Good for some applications but here again you can ruin things real fast. I did really mess around with it quite a bit, and have found that this enhancer/exciter type of plug can be used at times. I set the Vitality mix knob down quite a bit. On one mix it sounded like I took the blanket off and without messing much with the levels or unaffected tone. I'll use it once in awhile when my EQ attempts are not quite enough for some sheen and bass enhancement.
Transilate. I tried on some drum material and when a compressor wasn't doing it, sometimes using Transilate was a better approach. Here again tweaking and experimenting helped me. I like this one over Stillwell "Transient Monster. Good to have this tool to use once in awhile.
NewB64, jury is still out, I messed with it some but not enough to see if I would use it much.
Bottom line. When you FINALLY get your products installed and authorized
they are remarkably useful, sound good and dirt cheap. Yes I'll demo the "Big Boy" demos, but will do so after using this Crysonic bundle and know how and when to use their certain plugs.
19th October 2012
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

arent those crysonic plugins made with synthedit?
19th October 2012
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
arent those crysonic plugins made with synthedit?
I don't think so. Here is a collection of quotes from their site about their products
..........." Highly optimized custom DSP code
Full 64-bit internal precision
Highly optimized Assembly DSP code with Vectorization on the Mac OS X Platform..."
I thought Synthedit was Windows only and sure enough
SynthEdit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I thought you could only bring up one instance of a Synthedit plug in 64 bit.
Not trying to sound like a Fanboy because I've been pissed about little response with support issues, but did get one fast reply lately. Long waits
for DL's urls and auth. codes. Sometimes a day or so and sometimes up to 2 weeks. I was aggressive and kept emailing them.
20th October 2012
Old 20th October 2012
Gear maniac

i bought couple of crysonic plugins few years ago. when i moved to newer machine i couldn't register them i had to wait long time to get new codes. when i moved again to new system i gave up using them.
20th October 2012
Old 20th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastawa View Post
i bought couple of crysonic plugins few years ago. when i moved to newer machine i couldn't register them i had to wait long time to get new codes. when i moved again to new system i gave up using them.
When I moved to a new machine a year ago it didn't take me long to get up and running again, so it wasn't too bad . However I found I just wasn't using them. I wonder if the newer plugs are better than a few years ago. The new ones I have been using just are starting to find a times when they seem to help.
There is a new protection scheme. One time activation, multiple computers etc.
20th October 2012
Old 20th October 2012
Lives for gear

I bought one of their inexpensive deals a while back which was advertised in a manner similar to what apartment dog has posted. While I didn't get the impression they are 'shady' or 'just synthedit', I do recognize the marketing style having seen clients get wrapped up in the seminar circuit and try to use similar advertising themselves ($10,030 worth of books on tape for only $9.95! or etc). It does tend to cheapen the appearance of a product imo, but given the oversaturation of the audio market for the last decade I just assumed Crysonic's marketing is just targeting what he feels his particular niche on the overall market is.

Many of the products won't work on a current Mac (either being PowerPC or old enough that the AU's don't validate on current products) but the newer tools seemed to work fine. The limiter and other more 'conventional' tools didn't offer much I didn't already have, but the Sindo, the Cry-named EQ and the Spectra-named products did seem to do interesting things the few times I used them and left them active in a project. Overall the older plugins that no longer work on OSX can be easily replicated by using a combination of multiple effects careful audio routing (sidechaining HP noise for instance) or are easily superseded by other tools I own. And the newer ones are at least complex enough that their results don't sound like things I can achieve by just chaining stock tools together. So nothing lost and maybe some gain on the newer ones for certain people... For isntance I can't see using the 'enhancement' features much on an acoustic recording but for more electronic or at least 'electric' (bass, guitar, distorted vox etc) it might occasionally complement the overtones.

In any case I don't actually use the plugins a lot, but not because I hated them. Rather when it comes to updating I tend to start with my most used tools and it may be a while before I realize they're either not installed or not licensed. Combine that with the fact that my 'bundle' was bought a year or so ago and while I see their email ads I haven't bothered to impulse buy an update. Still I own plenty of other sub-$100 Iand sub-$50) plugins and programs that I certainly don't use all the time, and some may even have fallen out of support by the company that made them (as half the things in the Crysonic bundle seem to have also) and I haven't really felt like I 'wasted' such a small sum. I can easily spend 3-4 times that on a relatively uneventful night out, so I can't see causing much fuss over Crysonic's practices given the relatively minor investment they're asking of people.
20th October 2012
Old 20th October 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevaquarian View Post

I've bought loads of plugins from these guys over the years when they've had super cheap deals. Words mean different things to different people, but I'm not sure they are "shady". I don't think they are "on the take" or some kind of con outfit, as has been suggested by one or more GSs.
Maybe not "on the take" as you cite but I can honestly say that I've never had such dismissive service from a relatively "pro plug in maker..."
I've routinely purchased from small outfits before and have not had to wait more than a reasonable "couple of days" to receive that which I paid for.
As an experiment a year or so ago, I purchased one of their Limiters and waited roughly 5 months to get it.
That's crazy. And it wasn't that my order was lost or anything like that. It was that the plug just wasn't ready for release.
But none of this was admitted by Crysonic... In fact NOTHING was communicated by them/him except that it was coming out in ONE WEEK... (for 5 months it was always coming out in 1 week. LOL)

So, there you have it. I just ordered the upgrade to their fancy-shmancy Limiter (that I actually like) and have been waiting 1 week.... I guess I only have myself to blame for it but seriously, it's ridiculous for these guys to conduct themselves.
But then I'm the fool for helping them stay in business.
20th October 2012
Old 20th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe not "on the take" as you cite but I can honestly say that I've never had such dismissive service from a relatively "pro plug in maker..."
I've routinely purchased from small outfits before and have not had to wait more than a reasonable "couple of days" to receive that which I paid for.
As an experiment a year or so ago, I purchased one of their Limiters and waited roughly 5 months to get it.
That's crazy. And it wasn't that my order was lost or anything like that. It was that the plug just wasn't ready for release.
But none of this was admitted by Crysonic... In fact NOTHING was communicated by them/him except that it was coming out in ONE WEEK... (for 5 months it was always coming out in 1 week. LOL)

So, there you have it. I just ordered the upgrade to their fancy-shmancy Limiter (that I actually like) and have been waiting 1 week.... I guess I only have myself to blame for it but seriously, it's ridiculous for these guys to conduct themselves.
But then I'm the fool for helping them stay in business.
Which plug did you buy? Was it " SPECTRAPHY V2.3HD"? I haven't tried that one. If you are an existing and returning customer don't be surprised you get Sindo or a bundle that wasn't charged, they have did that with the latest bundle as I offed for two individuals and got 5 plugs (3 extra) instead. My conscience will lead me to pay like 7 bucks more, when I have tried the other
ones I didn't order and see if I will use them. Funny stuff here. Long wait times, extra plugs. I wonder who is behind the wheel? I would bug them and like I said above sometimes within a day, one time almost 2 weeks. Here is a quote from Crysonic when I thought the wait was gettting in the not cool zone.
.........("Hi,
Thanks for your purchase, please allow until Monday the 10th for download information as we are sending the products in order of purchase and to thousands of customers. The Reason for the delay is in the past when we sent out the products to everyone at the same time, most people did not get their products due to Spam filters blocking our e-mails. The Marketting e-mail is being sent via Simplycast as they are a mass e-mail sending service.

If you do not receive your download information for the upgrade bundle by Tuesday 11th we will be more then happy to provide you with a full refund! Thanks again!")......

I don't think 10 -30 bucks either way is going to save or break their business,
if you want to call it that. Tell us how it goes and if you like the plug(s).
21st October 2012
Old 21st October 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahuska View Post
Which plug did you buy? Was it " SPECTRAPHY V2.3HD"? I haven't tried that one. If you are an existing and returning customer don't be surprised you get Sindo or a bundle that wasn't charged, they have did that with the latest bundle as I offed for two individuals and got 5 plugs (3 extra) instead.
[SNIP]
Tell us how it goes and if you like the plug(s).
Yes it was the "SPECTRAPHY V2.3HD" and honestly, maybe he should work on making those names a little easier to remember!
I have the slightly older SPECTRAPHY plug and have liked it as a pretty clean Master Bus limiter that appears not to add anything to the sound.
I've heard complaints about it that it was not unlinked 2 channel and I would assume (and hope) that this has been addressed in the updated upgrade that is (not) available now.
Your experience with getting more than you paid for sounds like Crysonic is some dude up to his armpits in orders and being pretty unorganized, which is I'm sure, close to the truth.

Plugs from them I'm not crazy about:
TRANSILATE: I want to like this transient designer plug but found it just didn't sound that good on most tracks I put it on. I'm curious about the updated version that is (not) out. If I'm feeling masochistic, I might check that one out as well for the $15... I mean Crysonic says it's "OUT NOW" soooo...
I have an older version of the SPECTRALIVE which is a multiband exciter and I've used it a few times but the lack of any documentation makes knowing what I'm doing questionable.
nXtasy which Crysonic claims as a tube saturator just sounds AWFUL to me.
It honestly sounds like a harsh harmonics generator (which it is,) and sounded brittle and harsh on everything I tried it on. -Granted, this was an older version from a couple years ago but I have no interest in this particular plug.
SINDO is their stereo expander/narrower which seems robust but seriously needs documentation as well. I am unclear exactly what I am doing on this plug and am not sure of the signal flow through it as well.

I am honestly not sure if there was ever ANY documentation for any of the plugs I bought from them over the last couple years.
When I just went to the site just now (to copy/paste some of the product names,) I noticed a release note for one of the updates stating an "updated manual..." but then I tried to locate downloadable manuals I found these, which are outdated and incomplete abd I think are only PC versions!!:
Product Documentation Download :: Crysonic - Professional Audio Plugins VST AU RTAS

I'll post what eventually happens with my order & if I think it was worth it all...
21st October 2012
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes it was the "SPECTRAPHY V2.3HD" and honestly, maybe he should work on making those names a little easier to remember!
I have the slightly older SPECTRAPHY plug and have liked it as a pretty clean Master Bus limiter that appears not to add anything to the sound.
I've heard complaints about it that it was not unlinked 2 channel and I would assume (and hope) that this has been addressed in the updated upgrade that is (not) available now.
Your experience with getting more than you paid for sounds like Crysonic is some dude up to his armpits in orders and being pretty unorganized, which is I'm sure, close to the truth.

Plugs from them I'm not crazy about:
TRANSILATE: I want to like this transient designer plug but found it just didn't sound that good on most tracks I put it on. I'm curious about the updated version that is (not) out. If I'm feeling masochistic, I might check that one out as well for the $15... I mean Crysonic says it's "OUT NOW" soooo...
I have an older version of the SPECTRALIVE which is a multiband exciter and I've used it a few times but the lack of any documentation makes knowing what I'm doing questionable.
nXtasy which Crysonic claims as a tube saturator just sounds AWFUL to me.
It honestly sounds like a harsh harmonics generator (which it is,) and sounded brittle and harsh on everything I tried it on. -Granted, this was an older version from a couple years ago but I have no interest in this particular plug.
SINDO is their stereo expander/narrower which seems robust but seriously needs documentation as well. I am unclear exactly what I am doing on this plug and am not sure of the signal flow through it as well.

I am honestly not sure if there was ever ANY documentation for any of the plugs I bought from them over the last couple years.
When I just went to the site just now (to copy/paste some of the product names,) I noticed a release note for one of the updates stating an "updated manual..." but then I tried to locate downloadable manuals I found these, which are outdated and incomplete abd I think are only PC versions!!:
Product Documentation Download :: Crysonic - Professional Audio Plugins VST AU RTAS

I'll post what eventually happens with my order & if I think it was worth it all...
I have SPECTRAPHY(older) and it doesn't seem to ruin anything. I hope you like the updated version. As far as Transilate I am not aware of any older version of the new one I have "TRANSILATE V2 64/32 Bit Native"
Yes it is out. And I did a back and forth between it and Stillwells Transiate Monster, I The new Transilate edged it out by a nose. SO much cheaper too.
Spectralive 3.5, well I managed a few times to get a usable sound for the better, but for the most part it seemed to sound to digital and strident. Too many undocumented controls as well. The new and current SpectraLiveVision on the other hand much easier to achieve results faster and I would say suitable in some cases.
My last mix I dialed it in on the Master buss and it was like a blanket taken off, without sounding artificial. There is here again a time and a place for using this type of plug when EQ is not quite cutting it. BTW I have the Vitality(mix) knob set pretty low, but just enough to hear some satisfactory difference before you get into screwing it all up.
You are right about nXtasy. I could not get anything good out of it, didn't know what I was doing, and when I requested another activation set for the "Everything bundle" the code didn't work on it but it didn't matter to me. It is not in my VSTPlug-ins folder anymore and I don't care.
All in all I've spent pennies for these plugs. The best ones I feel is the limiter,
SpectraCV2(warm old school comp) and INPRESSA(multi-band comp)
Some of the other's above that I do use occasionally work enough when dialed in
to keep enough to keep in my VST folder.
21st October 2012
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

This just seems like a post about an imaginary brand.
Is it real?
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Gear interested

Soooooo, just to update about my order with Crysonic (from almost 2 weeks ago,) I just got THIS email message from them:

"Dear Customers,

We have now started sending out the Final Versions of SpectraPhy 64 and Sindo 64. If you have purchased the upgrade for these two products please expect to receive your download information in the next 48hr's If you Activated the previous download you do not need to re-activate, Please just replace the plugin dll on the PC and the AU/VST plugin on the Mac OS X. nXtasy V4 will also be sent within the same time frame for all who purchased the previous 5 plugin upgrade offer.

Last but not least, we have just announced the imminent release of our New ' AnunA' Mastering EQ. The next Big thing in Pure & True Analog Based Volume Preserving Mastering EQ. We are extending this offer below for another few days, thanks again!"

Looks like this is just how this small outfit does business... They lie that the "final delivery version" has been released and then scramble to actually finish it as the orders (and MONEY) begin to pile up.
And I love the shameless plug for their next EQ available reeeeeal soon!

And just for contrast, I ordered an EQ bundle from DDMF which is another small outfit and I had all of my plugs within a day or two of ordering them. I don't know who Crysonic is but they just seem unable or unwilling to get their sh*t together.
I of course, am the sucker in this.
I'll keep y'all updated with the status of my order.
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastawa View Post
Same here. They have gotten back to me with a auth code, but damn it took days. I didn't even try the second time.

Not sure what is going on with them. They can figure out how to write code, but not reply to emails or paypal notices?
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
Same here. They have gotten back to me with a auth code, but damn it took days. I didn't even try the second time.

Not sure what is going on with them. They can figure out how to write code, but not reply to emails or paypal notices?
Well if you can do without them and don't use them much anyway, chalk it up
and never deal with them ever again. On the other hand if you find some use for the plugs, I am telling you keep bugging them, just keep sending the same email every day or so(they do). And you will finally get them. That has been the case for me on at least 3 or so different cases/scenarios.
24th October 2012
Old 24th October 2012
Gear addict

Read same type of stuff from KVR years back. I would avoid dealing with them like plague.
9th November 2012
Old 9th November 2012
Gear interested

UPDATE:
Well, Hurricane Sandy happened and there's still devastation all around...

Still haven't gotten my plug-inns from Crysonic (though I DID receive an email with codes for the PC version.)
Naturally, I need the Mac versions.
Crysonic says: "Mac versions will be sent out in a separate email..."
That was a week ago.
Like, c'mon Crysonic Dudes... There is no Mac version.... Is there?
Cuz if there was, I'd have it by now.
9th November 2012
Old 9th November 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
UPDATE:
Well, Hurricane Sandy happened and there's still devastation all around...

Still haven't gotten my plug-inns from Crysonic (though I DID receive an email with codes for the PC version.)
Naturally, I need the Mac versions.
Crysonic says: "Mac versions will be sent out in a separate email..."
That was a week ago.
Like, c'mon Crysonic Dudes... There is no Mac version.... Is there?
Cuz if there was, I'd have it by now.
Sounds like you're stilling "getting to know" Crysonic. It's not really relevant to go with "if there was a Mac version I'd have it by now" with this dev. Like I said before, there's really no need to suspect these guys of foul play, in my experience. They just don't have the infrastructure to keep on top the demand as far as I can see.

It just takes some patience and the will to send regular "reminder" emails.

Which plugins did you buy? I use Mac and I have nearly all of them now.

Last edited by kevaquarian; 9th November 2012 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Afterthought
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search