The maximizer in Cubase - what is a maximizer?
Old 3rd July 2012
Gear addict

The maximizer in Cubase - what is a maximizer?

I've searched through numerous old threads about this plugin - but I still really can't grasp what it is...

What is the maximizer-plugin? what is a maximizer in general?

In cubase there is a maximizer plugin and a limiter - what's the difference? The maximizer sounds pretty good used lightely on a master - but I'm curious about what it is.

Is it just another version of a mastering limiter or is a maximizer another thing?

The manual really doesn't say anything...

?
Old 3rd July 2012
A maximizer is a tool to make program material louder without clipping. A limiter is designed to control dynamics and also may be used to make things louder but that is not it's entire focus. It might just be used to control transient peaks or to simply make a particularly dynamic track less dynamic for the purpose of sitting easier in a mix.
Old 3rd July 2012
Deleted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
A limiter is designed to control dynamics and also may be used to make things louder but that is not it's entire focus. It might just be used to control transient peaks or to simply make a particularly dynamic track less dynamic for the purpose of sitting easier in a mix.
Hi, you helped me with that, up till now I mostly used limiters on mixbus (after a MB compressor) and compressors on tracks and busses. Though I know peops use it on different tracks like vocals, now the idea is more clear to me.

To the OP; good question.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search