Arturia elicenser ?
New Reply
Subscribe
kgdrum_nyc
12th June 2012
Old 12th June 2012
Lives for gear

Arturia elicenser ?

Hi I'm trying to auth SEM V and I'm a bit confused with Arturias auth procedure.
They list no phone tech support which I don't like :-(.

The instructions are vague: I want soft elicenser (not a dongle).
How do you do this I registered on line, got the long code,tried to authorize and I get a message that I need to create a soft elicenser and I have no clue how to do this.
I want to avoid a dongle if possible and I suspect the one I have ilok2 is not compatible anyway.
Any suggestions?
Is my assumption correct that Arturia doesn't offer phone support? Weird!
Thanks in advance.
KG
2.8 Quad Intel(2008)MacPro24 gig ram,OSX10.83, DP8.04, RME FF 800,Great River ME-1NV preamp,a few microphones,NI Komplete ,UAD....assorted plugs,VI's... Vdrums (TD20 expanded) Superior2, Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata PowerSnakes and Conditioners,too many hard drives... ESATA
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
Gear addict

I just did it myself and it seemed quite easy.

Open the elicenser control center application and click on "enter activation code". You can paste (or type) the authorisation code in there and next it will probably ask you where to download it to so choose Soft-elicenser (SeL).

The only problem I had was that I guess my version of the elicenser software came out before the SEM V was realeased so it had to update the database first but that was pretty fast.
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
Gear addict

You're right, the info isn't clear. The "soft elicenser" is created automatically on the hard drive of your computer when you install the elicenser control centre.

The soft elicenser is linked to the hardware of your computer. If you reinstall the OS or make a major change like the motherboard, you'll have to ask Arturia for another authorisation.

Alternatively you can buy an elicenser USB dongle and move the authorisation onto that, either permanently, or temporarily while you reinstall or want to move the authorisation to a new computer.
13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
Lives for gear

13th June 2012
Old 13th June 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
Oh btw SEM V sounds nice ;-)
No kidding.

I have the SEM V and the entire V-Collection along with the 61 keyboard. Outstanding stuff!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search