Subscribe
yrots11
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear interested

rme hdsp 9632 - help me decied//

HI..
first, sorry for my english..
my audio intreface in my home studio is line 6 ux 2..
recently friend of mine gave me his old soundcard - rme hdsp 9632
in order to use it i need a mixer..
my budget is 400 $- should i save it and buy a new fw/usb audio interface(with a little bigger budget)
or buy a mixer/pre amp to use the rme hdsp 9632 ( allen&heath zed 14 for example ) ? -( my main uses are recording a.guitar , e.piano, vocal and midi)
wich option would give me better quality ?
yrots11
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear interested

i did a little search and found the PreSonus DigiMax D8 / Focusrite OctoPre MKii

would it be a good solution??
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Lives for gear

I'd definitely keep the card (provided it's got all the I/O you want). RME do the computer interface side of things really well with low latency, good drivers, and nice monitoring mixer software, Totalmix.

Do you just want a couple of pres, rather than a mixer? The best way to spend $400 is on good quality DIY kits from FiveFish or Seventh Circle Audio. You can start an SCA rack with a couple of T15's for slightly over budget at $500. Might be one to consider if you plan on adding more pres with different flavours later.

Otherwise, you can get a two-channel, clean 'n clear SC1 from FiveFish fro $330-390.

This would give you quite a good quality set up, much better than anything you could buy for $400.

PS: if you hang on to the RME card maybe you could submit some test files to the converter comparison thread sometime.
yrots11
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgruff View Post
I'd definitely keep the card (provided it's got all the I/O you want). RME do the computer interface side of things really well with low latency, good drivers, and nice monitoring mixer software, Totalmix.

Do you just want a couple of pres, rather than a mixer? The best way to spend $400 is on good quality DIY kits from FiveFish or Seventh Circle Audio. You can start an SCA rack with a couple of T15's for slightly over budget at $500. Might be one to consider if you plan on adding more pres with different flavours later.

Otherwise, you can get a two-channel, clean 'n clear SC1 from FiveFish fro $330-390.

This would give you quite a good quality set up, much better than anything you could buy for $400.

PS: if you hang on to the RME card maybe you could submit some test files to the converter comparison thread sometime.
thank u very much..
is there any other preamps u can recommend me ? i'm kind of scared by the DIY thing...

i can get the Focusrite OctoPre MKii by 350$ should i go for it?
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via ICQ to muziekschuur
You can allso get the Behringer ADA8000. That way you can get 16 channel pre's. (If need be).

http://www.myspace.com/a-muze#!/556701704
9th June 2012
Old 9th June 2012
Lives for gear

M-audio make a lot of stuff I wouldn't want to recommend but they did something right with the DMP3. It's very usable and doesn't cost a lot. I'm not sure if the Octopre is going to be any better.

If you can get by with just one channel, the Focusrite ISA One is a good pre but a little over budget at $500.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search