Keyboard of Impulse 49 not working in Reason
transcendentalist
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Gear nut

Keyboard of Impulse 49 not working in Reason

Well, I used the automap software that came with the Impulse to get it working with Reason, and it seems that everything works except for the keybed. I'm totally frustrated with this, I've been searching forums all afternoon and have found absolutely nothing that even gets close at providing so much as a possible explanation for this. Seems I'm the only one dealing with this crap (though I read Novation's automap software was a major pita).

Any suggestions on what to do? The god damned keys just won't work in this program and I've no idea why.
17th May 2012
Old 17th May 2012
Focusrite

transcendentalist
18th May 2012
Old 18th May 2012
Gear nut

Tried that. No success getting a response.
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Focusrite

Hi Transcendentalist,

We now have a Beta version of Automap 4.4 available. This has a greatly improved set-up guide for Reason. Please download 4.4b1 from our Beta Server. beta.novationmusic.com/releases/automap/

I'm sorry you got no response via the email Support Contact page. We do try to follow up every enquiry as quickly as possible.
If you need assistance with the new Automap build please do call the Technical Support number and ask for myself.

Best Regards

Ben Ware - Novation Technical Support
7th June 2012
Old 7th June 2012
Gear interested

Hi Guys.

I'm also having an issue with my new Novation Impulse 49.

Things were fine out of the box with reason 5.01 and automap 4.1. everything worked fine.

I upgraded to automap 4.3 as recommended and it installed updated firmware to the unit. Since this I have had no access to the mixer at all and each time a connect the impulse it now appears in automap as "impulse 49 2" then "impulse 49 3" and so on. incrementally jumping up a number by one each time.

Also note that when in reason selecting the in/out ports .. i have no issue with the "automap control" which appears to load in just fine... but when setting up the keyboard (the 2nd part of the process) the "novation" entry shows up as "2 - novation" or "3 - novation" etc...

Now when I choose this input and move onto the next section, and im told once again to choose "novation" in/out but this time round after the upgrade it tells me that the 2nd two input entries are conflicting with each other.

I can work around to get the keyboard to play by not assigning anything to the last entry in the setup guide... and i can manually assign the pots to the reason rack.. but the faders are simply not accessable at all.

I litterally have had this for one day and already its proving to be a PITA.

Any advice? its definately automap that has created this issue.

I can't even roll back to automap 4.1 successfully now as im convinced the firmware on the unit is part of the problem.

I have tried a factory reset of the unit also which didnt help.

Short of reinstalling my entire computer and DAW's and starting from scratch i have no idea what to do next. I have emailed novation support but still have no answers :/

Any solution or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

win 7, automap 4.1 / 4.3, reason 5.01

HELP!!!!! ;b

w3nd1g0
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3nd1g0 View Post
Hi Guys.

I'm also having an issue with my new Novation Impulse 49.

Things were fine out of the box with reason 5.01 and automap 4.1. everything worked fine.

I upgraded to automap 4.3 as recommended and it installed updated firmware to the unit. Since this I have had no access to the mixer at all and each time a connect the impulse it now appears in automap as "impulse 49 2" then "impulse 49 3" and so on. incrementally jumping up a number by one each time.

Also note that when in reason selecting the in/out ports .. i have no issue with the "automap control" which appears to load in just fine... but when setting up the keyboard (the 2nd part of the process) the "novation" entry shows up as "2 - novation" or "3 - novation" etc...

Now when I choose this input and move onto the next section, and im told once again to choose "novation" in/out but this time round after the upgrade it tells me that the 2nd two input entries are conflicting with each other.

I can work around to get the keyboard to play by not assigning anything to the last entry in the setup guide... and i can manually assign the pots to the reason rack.. but the faders are simply not accessable at all.

I litterally have had this for one day and already its proving to be a PITA.

Any advice? its definately automap that has created this issue.

I can't even roll back to automap 4.1 successfully now as im convinced the firmware on the unit is part of the problem.

I have tried a factory reset of the unit also which didnt help.

Short of reinstalling my entire computer and DAW's and starting from scratch i have no idea what to do next. I have emailed novation support but still have no answers :/

Any solution or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

win 7, automap 4.1 / 4.3, reason 5.01

HELP!!!!! ;b

w3nd1g0
I'm on Mac 10.6.8 running v4.3 with Reason 6. No issues here with my Impulse 49. Try deleting everything in the keyboards/control surfaces menu. Then do a factory reset on the Impulse and try it again. EVERY knob works, faders, pads, keys and all. Love the integration. Reset it by holding 'Shift' along with the '+' and '-' at once then hitting '+' three times and the data wheel three times. All three surfaces work in Reason for me
6th July 2012
Old 6th July 2012
Focusrite

Hi Guys,

Please call me on 01494 462246 as we have a new version of Automap.
This is a one click solution for setting up Impulse with Reason 6 onwards.
It is currently in the beta stage. We hope to fully release it in the next couple of weeks.

Ben Ware // Technical Support Engineer

DDI: +44 1494 836 349 | Skype: benw-focusrite

Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
Windsor House, Turnpike Road, High Wycombe HP12 3FX, United Kingdom
1st August 2012
Old 1st August 2012
Gear interested

Funny enough, I'm having the same problem but with ProTools 10. Added to that, the display on my Impulse 49 seems to be totally insane. Whereas it used to show everything quickly and succinctly, it now scrolls through slowly displaying what can only be called gibberish.

To clarify, all my sliders and knobs work, it's the keyboard that doesn't respond and also the LCD display seems a bit... confused.

I'm going to try a reinstall of the software. I only just noticed this problem today, but I haven't had cause to sit down with the Impulse since before the last update.

---Edit---

Oh right, Mac OSX 10.6.8, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo iMac with 16 GB of RAM.

---Update---

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Automap 4.4, factory reset my Impulse 49 (hold shift + and - while plugging in the USB cable, pushed + 3 times, then the rotary encoder knob 3 times), upgraded the firmware both from here : http://www.novationmusic.com/answerb...cle.php?id=741 : and with the automatic update through AutoMap, and still I have the same problems. The LCD display is still super sluggish and the keyboard section of my Impulse is not working. Frustrated? You betcha! Any suggestions?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search