Login / Register

Mac Musician's Fast Guide to Using PC (does it exist ?)
New Reply
Subscribe
muziksculp
2nd May 2012
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Mac Musician's Fast Guide to Using PC (does it exist ?)

Hi,

There seems to be more articles, and help guides for PC users who are moving to Mac. But... Not the other way around.

Is there something like : 'The Mac Musician's Fast Guide to using PC'

Well... If it does not exist, it would be cool to have someone publish something of this nature. I think it will be very helpful to many of us Mac heads, that have not dealt much with PCs in our studios, and would like to use PCs along with Macs, or totally switch to PCs for music production.

This could also be a group of Youtube videos that show how Mac vs PC DAWs differ from a technical perspective made especially for Mac users who would like to feel comfortable using PC for music production.

Any feedback would be cool.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
2nd May 2012
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

What do you want to do? I really don't spend much time in any OS, my time is spent in the applications. To operate in either Win or OSX I start either machine and then run the application, then the OS doesn't matter.

Obviously there are housekeeping details to handle, but for the most part if you just want a tool to do the job either OS works and you don't need to know much. If you want to get 'into' it there is a lot to learn. I had to learn all that stuff in 1984 just to make a computer work. That's not true anymore, and even my mom and her friends can handle their computers, of either OS.

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Resistance is not futile. It is voltage divided by current.
muziksculp
2nd May 2012
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Maybe you are missing my point !

I'm suggesting some type of a focused on music/DAW Mac -> PC Users Guide.

That shows you where things are on a PC, i.e. Audio setiings, Folder Structures for VSTs, how manage resources, and any other tips, problem solving, ...etc. Mainly for Mac users who are kind of (Virgin PC users ).

Yes, one can always look for info. on the web, or in a Windows manual, or other resources, but I don't think something like what I mentioned above exists. If it does, please let me know where.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
2nd May 2012
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Check my signature link, it is a small start but not exactly what you are looking for.
Go to the start menu, click control panel. Then, top right, select "small icons" from the pulldown menu.
That is where 99% of all Windows settings are accessed from. No need to do much, actually.

muziksculp
2nd May 2012
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Check my signature link, it is a small start but not exactly what you are looking for.
Go to the start menu, click control panel. Then, top right, select "small icons" from the pulldown menu.
That is where 99% of all Windows settings are accessed from. No need to do much, actually.
Thanks DAW PLUS.

Yes, I'm referring to something similar to your guide/Tips article, but more focus given to Mac -> PC users. I think PC-DAW builders will benefit from something of this nature to make their Mac only experienced users feel at ease, and make the transition of using a PC based DAW nice and easy.

So far... Nothing of this nature seems to exist.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search