New Reply
Subscribe
WaveTable
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

Logic Pro User Settings Folder

Hi Guys,

Before Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Logic saved all user settings in various sub-folders of the user folder ~/library/application support/logic by default. Indeed, a set of empty folders for that purpose were created by the installer. Now that the ~/library folder is hidden should I move them to ~/Documents?

Does anyone know whether when Logic is purchased from the App Store the Logic installer still creates these folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Logic, or whether it creates them somewhere else?
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTable View Post
Hi Guys,

Before Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Logic saved all user settings in various sub-folders of the user folder ~/library/application support/logic by default. Indeed, a set of empty folders for that purpose were created by the installer. Now that the ~/library folder is hidden should I move them to ~/Documents?

Does anyone know whether when Logic is purchased from the App Store the Logic installer still creates these folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Logic, or whether it creates them somewhere else?
I'm looking here at a system where I installed Logic from the App store and the ~/Library/Application Support/Logic has the folder structure in place. You could always open up hidden libraries via the Finder Go To Folder... and defining the path such as ~/Library/Application Support/Logic.
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

If you open a finder window, click Go at the top, and hold down the Option key, ~Library will pop up. Hope this helps.
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear maniac

Open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities). Type this command exactly:
Quote:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
This will unhide your User Library folder in Finder.
WaveTable
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

Thanks, I've unhidden it.

I am a bit surprised that the Apple are supplying an App Store installer that is creating user settings folders in a folder that is hidden to the user in a standard Mac OS X 10.7 installation!
27th April 2012
Old 27th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTable View Post
Thanks, I've unhidden it.

I am a bit surprised that the Apple are supplying an App Store installer that is creating user settings folders in a folder that is hidden to the user in a standard Mac OS X 10.7 installation!
Not much that Apple does from here on in is going to surprise me I fear
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search