ScotchBeats
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear interested

Samplitude Users?

New to the forum, cheers to everyone! I have learned so much from the experience and knowledge base of others in here that I truly am humbled and appreciative!

Recently I grew a pair and left my Ableton for Samplitude for a variety of reasons, mostly frustration that Ableton does not run in 64 bit and its love of crashing at inopportune times. I still use it as a live composition software because its so intuitive and fun, but anyways....

My issue with Samplitude is this: You know how in Ableton you can go "multiband" to work in the guts of an audio track by ostensibly making three bus tracks, routing them all to take audio in from the original audio channel via i/o settings and then using eq'ing to really work on individual registers on a more intimate level? Well I can't seem to sort out how to do this in Samplitude? Is this just because I am still learning the software and am kind of dumb? Or was this not the proper way to do things in Ableton and just a bad habit I picked up, and hence not something to do in Samplitude? I can do a single submix bus and send multiple tracks into it, but that would require duplicating the original track a bunch and leech memory wouldn't it? Oh and while I'm asking dumb noob questions how would I set the original audio track to "Sends only" like ableton to avoid overlap?

Thanks for any input on this matter.
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchBeats View Post
You know how in Ableton you can go "multiband" to work in the guts of an audio track by ostensibly making three bus tracks, routing them all to take audio in from the original audio channel via i/o settings and then using eq'ing to really work on individual registers on a more intimate level?

I've been editing audio since 1965, and that sentence reads like it is Greek or something. I can't make heads or tails of it.

But in Samplitude, the Object editor gets pretty deep. And then you can edit on the track level. And you can have buses if you want.

Maybe if you describe what you are trying to do in a little more detail it would make sense to me. But there really aren't too many things that can't be done in Samp.

Also, check out Kraznet's Youtube channel. Very thorough and detailed explanations of how to do many, many things in Samplitude.
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Gear addict
To answer your question - yes, it's a bad habit!

Use a proper multiband dynamics plugin on your track. There's one built-into Samplitude (though like most of Samplitude, its interface is often incomprehensible). For something more user-friendly, try the excellent Waves C4 or C6.
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, sounds really whack if you use EQing to split your audio into multiple bands...
Try Waves Linear Multiband or UAD Precision Multiband or Ozone 5 etc.!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search