Ughh... Slate Digital VCC
ballerblocking01
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Head

Ughh... Slate Digital VCC

Hi, I am having this problem getting this plugin to load.. I mean it loads but it seems to have a problem with communicating with the ilok.

Anyway I have made a very short video showing the problem I have, hopefully one of you guys had this same problem also.

Slate Digital VCC Error

Any help is much appreciated...
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm running on XP, not Windows 7 so may be wide of the mark here but it seems to me that the iLOK drivers are not properly installed for some reason.
Do you have other licenses on the iLOK?
It is an iLOK2, yes, not an iLOK 1? (have to ask).

THe way I had mine running was from original iLOK > iLOK 2, so my install sequence was like this:
1 - iLOK client software installed, reboot.
2 - Install plugin, reboot as it adds drivers.
3 - install latest iLOK drivers from the iLOK site, reboot.
Even if W7 does not ask you to restart, it is really important that you do.

ARe there any other licenses on the iLOK to show wether or not it is in fact a driver issue or not?
ballerblocking01
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Head

Hi neilwilkes, I wanted to thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have an ilok2, just purchased it last night so that's why I only have this license. The VCC is the only one that is currently using the ilok2 at this moment.

I have tried your suggestion to no avail, when I removed the ilok2 driver, restart the PC, and windows 7 still cannot detect the drivers for it.

Here one thing I discovered during my hours trying to get this to work.

When you install the ilok2 driver setup I notice that it simply exit right in the middle of the installation. Now im not 100% sure if it just exits or if that's how the install process was designed.

Here a video showing you what im talking about: ilok error

Did your installation do the same thing?

Now when I install the "iLokClientHelperSetup" it installs like regular and on the second part of the install, it installs the driver for the ilok2 and then windows 7 can detect the ilok but I still get that error message that I've shown you in the OP.

What I read on the Slate Digital forums, they say that "iLokClientHelperSetup" contains the driver for the ilok1 and that the "proper" drivers for the ilok2 is the "Driver Setup"

At this point really don't know what to do.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

so this is really NOT a VCC issue, and IS an iLok issue? IMNSHO it's a disingenuous that you named your subject as you did.
ballerblocking01
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
so this is really NOT a VCC issue, and IS an iLok issue? IMNSHO it's a disingenuous that you named your subject as you did.
IDK that for sure. The ilok came with the VCC so I assumed that it was a VCC problem since the error comes up when I load VCC which is show in the video in the OP. If you have nothing useful to add please skip this thread.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerblocking01 View Post
IDK that for sure. The ilok came with the VCC so I assumed that it was a VCC problem since the error comes up when I load VCC which is show in the video in the OP. If you have nothing useful to add please skip this thread.
Try loading another iLok license... go grab a demo license from Softube, or the UBK-1 from Kush Audio.

As the previous poster mentioned, it sounds more like an iLok driver issue and not a VCC issue.
ballerblocking01
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Try loading another iLok license... go grab a demo license from Softube, or the UBK-1 from Kush Audio.

As the previous poster mentioned, it sounds more like an iLok driver issue and not a VCC issue.
Ok, I will try this now.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

I've had issues with VCC not recognizing the Ilok2 even when other plugs like Soundtoys do find it. When this happens I pull and reinsert the Ilok, if that doesn't work I reboot the machine, and if that doesn't work I reinstall the Ilok driver and reboot. So far some combination of these things has always worked.

It happens frequently enough that when I sit down to mix, before I open my first project I add an instance of VCC to a blank project to see if it finds the license, so I don't have to cancel every instance when trying to open a larger project...
ballerblocking01
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Head

Ok, I found the problem but I have no clue as to fix it. It happens to be the ilok2 drivers..

If you look at this video: 2012-04-20_0300 - Josh81's library

You will see that the install exit before installing the program. I got confirmation that its not suppose to do this but I have no clue as how to fix this ??
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

I've posted the fix for this...and Slate's tech support supposedly posted my fix in their knowledgebase.

It is an issue with ilok TWO licenses...not the iLok2 itself...not the driver...not the Slate software (outside of it requiring and uplevel license)...it's that they've used hardware IDs on your system at time of install (in my case the MAC address of a NIC normally sleeping) to do whatever encryption they're doing.

You've unplugged some piece of hardware (that was active at the time of install) it wanted to see to decrypt the v2 licenses.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerblocking01 View Post
Ok, I found the problem but I have no clue as to fix it. It happens to be the ilok2 drivers..

If you look at this video: 2012-04-20_0300 - Josh81's library

You will see that the install exit before installing the program. I got confirmation that its not suppose to do this but I have no clue as how to fix this ??
I've also seen this problem when there are too many updates/installs of the C++ library. See how many are in your Program installations. If there are several, I'd start removing some of the duplicates. You can always re-install later if a program needs one and can't find it.
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Gear maniac

Ilok drivers are the worst to install correctly. When we upgraded our computer and reinstalled everything, my Flux Pure Limiter II wouldn't open because it couldn't find the license. I re-installed my copy of Soundtoys Devil-Loc and the ilok drivers from the Devil-Loc installer. Everything worked fine after that. For some reason ilok can't provide a quality installer.

Later when I got Little Radiator from Soundtoys the Flux Pure Limiter II stopped working again. Again I reinstalled Devil-Loc and it fixed it. Your beef isn't with VCC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Gearslutz App
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
Gear interested

It seems to be a little late to reply, I had similar problem but solved thanks to the reply above.

If you still have a problem or there is someone who has this problem, you may follow this.

1) Do not install Slate Digital vsts inside the "program files or Program files(x86)" folder.
It will cause rocognization problem with the windows administration authority function.
You may try to install it to just c:\vstplugins.

2) Install iLok driver setup.exe even if you already installed iLok client helper.exe.
Lastest iLok client helper seems to contain iLok1 driver only.

I could solve every problem with FG-X, VCC, VTM by following that 2 steps.
Hope this helps
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search