Batch Export in Cubase 6 Issue
tritace
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

Batch Export in Cubase 6 Issue

Hello.

Im having trouble with Batch Export on Cubase 6.
I cant seem to find a way to export the tracks and keep the track names. When I try this I get a message about all the tracks not being 'unique track names'..Which is untrue, as I make sure there all different.
The only thing I can do, is not use 'track name' but use 'counter'. Then all the tracks are exported with numbers. This is not ideal...as I have to go through them and rename them.

Am I missing something simple here? Or is it just a bug on my computer?

Thanks for your help..

T
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

What happens when you say OK to the "create unique name " pop-up window option ?

I get that when I import IR Files and I just agree to it. It changes nothing when I do it so I stopped questioning it.
tritace
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

The message i get is "Please change your naming scheme, as it does not provide unique names for the files'

Which in my mind is untrue..So im not sure what to do about it. Any thoughts? Iv got 8 projects to prepare for a mixer..and there 60 tracks+ each...the thought of having to do individualy or going through the naming is killing me,
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Do the wav files share the same name as the tracks? Sometimes I split a take to multiple tracks and I forget to hold down "shift" when I name each take in order to give them different names.
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
The only thing I can do, is not use 'track name' but use 'counter'
There is no "Track Name" (on my Cubase anyhow)

"Name" on it's own will produce this error. "Channel Name" should do exactly what you want.
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

It's always easier when your sitting at someones place when these problems come up than to deal with it remotely. I'm not sure what to suggest.

sorry
tritace
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Gear maniac

Iv had a thought that maybe trying to export the separate outputs of Kontakt and Battery are somehow confusing it in the unique name stakes. They will batch export fine as numbered filenames.
If im just batch exporting Audio files and i get error messages..then il reassess. It has to be something im doing wrong, no one on the internet is reporting this problem.
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

And you are definitely selecting "channel name" only??

Maybe post a screenshot of your naming scheme dialogue.
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Well if you're not sure, just drag your prefs to the desktop, let cubase rebuild the default.xml and try to batch save that way.

Just make a note of what boxes are ticked and see if it batch exports correctly. If it does, put your original defaul.xml file back and make the necessary corrections in the export box.
tritace
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Gear maniac

On closer inspection...its the multiple output kontakt thats messing it up. If i batch bounce all the kontakt channels in Counter mode first...then re-name them. I can batch export the whole project using the 'Channel name' ands it all good, as long as Kontact isnt expected to bounce too..thanks for the help.
24th July 2012
Old 24th July 2012
Gear interested

had the same issue...

you have to make shure all the output names are different or cubase will have problems...

i can remember there was a function in cubase that automatically puts an extra digit after the filename if two bounced names are the same, but i cant find it anymore.

like : first kik is called 'superbass drum'
then if you want to bounce another file called the same, cubase will rename it to 'superbass drum2' or 'superbass drum 002' or whatever

anywayzzzz

cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search