New Reply
Subscribe
Marty1979
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear interested

Help with RME 9652 and Otari Radar

Hello guys n' gals!

After a year or so of creeping posts on this site i have decided to join the community.

I've just started to venture into the world of home recording after many years of being a musician. I have bought some nice stuff that my budget could allow and am having a cpl issues.

I have a Otari Radar 1 and a RME 9652 card that i'm trying to use together. I have no problems using the ADAT Lightpipe to get my tracks from the Radar into Nuendo.

The question i have today is how do i get tracks from Nuendo into my Radar using the ADAT Lightpipe?

The reason im going this route is that i have some old sessions i recorded back in 2005 that never had bass,guitar or vocals put onto them due the band breaking up.. Time has passed and the guitarist and myself have decided to put it all together finally. I'm wanting to load the drum tracks from Nuendo -> RME 9652 -> Radar so that when i do get the other tracks recorded i can transfer them back into Nuendo as a complete session that's all in Sync.

I've tried NUMEROUS times to do this but haven't had any luck what-so-ever. I'm ready to bash my head against the wall lol

Thanks
Marty
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

You understand Totalmix?
You understand how to assign the tracks in Nuendo to the RME outputs?
You have cables running from the outs of the 9652 to the ins of the RADAR?
That should be all that there is to it.

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Resistance is not futile. It is voltage divided by current.
Marty1979
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear interested

Totalmix i'm not familiar with
Yes all tracks are assigned from Nuendo -> RME
Cables from the RME to Rada...I have the the ADAT Lightpipe Output of RME into Radar. That's all i need correct?
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1979 View Post
Totalmix i'm not familiar with
Yes all tracks are assigned from Nuendo -> RME
Cables from the RME to Rada...I have the the ADAT Lightpipe Output of RME into Radar. That's all i need correct?
So long as Totalmix is set up the way that you want it, and the RADAR is armed to record, you should be in business.
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm bringing this back into the forum, which is where you will get the most help.

You did not specify which RME 9652 you have, the pre HDSP version or the HDSP version. I don't remember the applet from my pre-HDSP version. You'd have to get help from someone else if that is what you have. But the HDSP version uses Totalmix, and unless you have the routing and levels set up correctly in TotalMix, you will not get what you want. So read the TotalMix manual. From what you have given us to work with, this is the only stumbling block that you have, unless there is something wrong with the RADAR or you don't know how to set it up. There are a handful of pre-configured presets in the TotalMix mixer, one of which will probably be what you need. If not, it is a simple matter to set your own and save it to a preset.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search