New Reply
Subscribe
UnderTow
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderTow
Cubase GUI Woes...

I have a bit of a rant about the Cubase GUI. Just things that bother me about the way things are implemented. Maybe I just need to learn new tricks and settings but based on what I know now, thing could be greatly improved for my way of working. What do others think?

First up, I own and use Cubase 6.5, Pro Tools 10 (and Sonar). These are the main basis for my experience and comparisons between DAWs. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. For post production I use Pro Tools. For electronic music production and composition I use Cubase 6.5. I used to use Sonar but bugs, stability issues and a complete change of direction in X1 made me switch to Cubase. It is rock solid, CPU efficient and there are very good MIDI and audio editing tools but the one area were Cubase fails for me is the GUI as far as window, track management and "mixing" are considered. I don't like the way Steinberg have implemented this. Basicly editing in the arrange window and Key Editor is mostly good, everything else is less good to appalling.

First up, as an example, in Sonar I never have to open the Mixer window because everything is quickly and directly available in the track headers. (And/or the inspector). This is slow and cumbersome in Cubase: You can't show the I/O or inserts of all tracks at the same time in the arrange view like you can in Pro Tools or Sonar. To make matters worse, the track inspector is badly designed because you can not view all items at the same time. They take way too much space. (Just click ALT and the track name in the inspector to open all tabs and you will see what I mean). To add insult to injury, the Inspector isn't scrollable so you can not get to the tabs that are out of view without having to first close the tabs above it.

I don't need to have "Inserts" written above the inserts or "Sends" written above the Sends to know what they are. (IMO a sign of a bad design). I don't need (or want) to see the presets of the inserts either. (IMO that is for newbies. I don't go through insert presets to get the right sound. I adjust the plugin parameters directly). You can change the order in which the tabs are shown in the Inspector but again, that to me is just the sign of a bad design. If the tabs and their content were more space efficient, there would be no need for changing the order. Sometimes I want to see all 8 inserts on a channel but in the vast majority of cases, 4 inserts would be more than enough but you are forced to see all 8. Having the inserts and sends split into groups of 4, or even better let the user decide how many inserts and sends are visible would go a long way to improving the inspector. Making everything smaller and removing the headers (and making the Inserts and Sends easily distinguishable) would be another improvement. Basically having one line at the top with the tab icons (The ones on the right of the tabs) would be more than enough. Just click on an icon to show/hide that tab. Nice and efficient.

There are other questionable design choices in Cubase. For instance, if you scroll over the track headers, the tracks scroll up and down. That is good but if you accidentally have your mouse pointer over the preset selector in the track header of say a softsynth, you scroll through the presets of that synth! If you had an nicely tweaked sound on your synth but hadn't saved it as a preset yet, it is lost! There is only one word for that: r3tarded. Obviously I have removed the presets selector from my trach headers but it wouldn't be necessary to _fix_ this problem if the presets were not scrollable with the mouse wheel. I mean come on? Scrolling through presets with the mouse wheel? Is that really necessary? If they really want to have the presets easily changeable from the track header they should just add a little +- button but this kind of dangerous behaviour that can lose you precious work is a big no no IMO.

Another example of what I would call bad ergonomics is the way insert or synth selection menus work. For instance in the Instrument rack: If you click on a synth name it opens the synth menu. The very first thing right under your mouse cursor is the "No VST Instrument". So if you accidentally double click on a synth name, the synth is removed (with all the potential loss of work that entails). How many of you have accidentally removed a synth in the heat of the action?

I've always found that it makes much more sense to have the synth open when you click on it's name (like for instance in Sonar) and a separate button to change which synth is assigned. Or use right-click. (I bet you this is a hold over from having to design a GUI for those old one button mouse Macintoys. ) After all, one will be opening a synth GUI more often than changing the synth in a rack slot right? So the function that is used most often should have the larger click-able area. Not the other way round. GUI 101 I would say.

Another typical example of annoying Steinberg GUI design / Track management is how Cubase deals with adding new synths. It will add the MIDI track below the currently selected track. So far so good. But then it will go and add the instrument track hidden away in the "VST Instruments" track folder. Not only did I not tell it to do that but it doesn't make any sense. I want to have the audio and MIDI tracks of a synth right beside each other. One of the first things I'll probably do is want to drag the volume of the synth down. I can't do that immediately. I have to hunt down the relevant synth track and adjust the volume. Much too slow. And during synth tweakarage I want quick and easy access to the audio plugin inserts on the synth output. These things go hand in hand together. But that isn't all. Let's say you have 5 Retrologues in your session. No problem. Just rename the Retrologue's instrument track so you can easily and quickly find the one you want to adjust. No go. You can't rename instrument track folders.

Well these days I only use Instrument Tracks because of all this non-sense but it shouldn't have to be that way.

There are many more issues like this in Cubase. Soloing track folders unmutes muted tracks. Excuse me? Did I ask you to unmute tracks? Just solo everything and leave the mutes on. I truly and positively hate this. In Sonar I could mute the takes or sample trakcs or whatever I didn't really want to use. Just keep their track there available to instantly unmute and see how they sound with the rest. Then you can just solo the whole percussion folder to hear all the active percussion for instance but not have to worry about muted tracks getting unmuted. The way Cubase does it is soo silly IMO. It really doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Another little thing that springs to mind: Why do I have to make a plugin window "Always On Top" to drag it out of the Cubase window? I don't want it Always On Top. I just want to drag it out to my 3rd screen without hassle.

I'm sure there are more examples of what I would call bad GUI design but these are the ones that jump to mind. Why is it that Steinberg can make Cubase so CPU efficient and rock solid but fail so badly on some of the GUI design ideas? It drives me nuts at times!

Hopefully Cubase experts will put me straight and point me to configuration settings or keyboard shortcuts to remedy all of the above and make my life easier. :-D

Alistair
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Most of your GUI complaints are just personal preference IMO... Except for the 'always on top' of certain windows (lack of control), the mixer, and solo/mute with folders is sometimes funny. I think there is far worse alternatives available.

I quite like the ergonomics of the Track controls (left-hand pane tabs), preset control is the most advanced I've seen in any DAW. Cubase beauty is flexibility, especially for experimental or off-trail productions. With the features available for ease and experimentation outweighs the needs of those who work in very controlled manner.

Somethings could be neater like automation views but I think Nuendo is far greater in that aspect but I expect Steinberg will make huge improvements in these areas in coming versions.

Losing presets my accidental mouse touches - possibly there could be improvement but this is what Autosave can help with- it's a must with any DAW IMO.

Messy VSTi/Midi tracks? You answered your own question.

Hey you could always try Reaper??
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
... made me switch to Cubase. It is rock solid, CPU efficient and there are very good MIDI and audio editing tools but the one area were Cubase fails for me is the GUI as far as window, track management and "mixing" are considered.

... Sometimes I want to see all 8 inserts on a channel but in the vast majority of cases, 4 inserts would be more than enough but you are forced to see all 8. Having the inserts and sends split into groups of 4, or even better let the user decide how many inserts and sends are visible would go a long way to improving the inspector. Making everything smaller and removing the headers (and making the Inserts and Sends easily distinguishable) would be another improvement. Basically having one line at the top with the tab icons (The ones on the right of the tabs) would be more than enough. Just click on an icon to show/hide that tab. Nice and efficient.

There are other questionable design choices in Cubase. For instance, if you scroll over the track headers, the tracks scroll up and down. That is good but if you accidentally have your mouse pointer over the preset selector in the track header of say a softsynth, you scroll through the presets of that synth! If you had an nicely tweaked sound on your synth but hadn't saved it as a preset yet, it is lost!

Another example of what I would call bad ergonomics is the way insert or synth selection menus work. For instance in the Instrument rack: If you click on a synth name it opens the synth menu. The very first thing right under your mouse cursor is the "No VST Instrument". So if you accidentally double click on a synth name, the synth is removed (with all the potential loss of work that entails). How many of you have accidentally removed a synth in the heat of the action?

I've always found that it makes much more sense to have the synth open when you click on it's name (like for instance in Sonar) and a separate button to change which synth is assigned. Or use right-click. (I bet you this is a hold over from having to design a GUI for those old one button mouse Macintoys. ) After all, one will be opening a synth GUI more often than changing the synth in a rack slot right? So the function that is used most often should have the larger click-able area. Not the other way round. GUI 101 I would say.

Another typical example of annoying Steinberg GUI design / Track management is how Cubase deals with adding new synths. It will add the MIDI track below the currently selected track. So far so good. But then it will go and add the instrument track hidden away in the "VST Instruments" track folder. Not only did I not tell it to do that but it doesn't make any sense. I want to have the audio and MIDI tracks of a synth right beside each other. One of the first things I'll probably do is want to drag the volume of the synth down. I can't do that immediately. I have to hunt down the relevant synth track and adjust the volume. Much too slow. And during synth tweakarage I want quick and easy access to the audio plugin inserts on the synth output. These things go hand in hand together. But that isn't all. Let's say you have 5 Retrologues in your session. No problem. Just rename the Retrologue's instrument track so you can easily and quickly find the one you want to adjust. No go. You can't rename instrument track folders.

Well these days I only use Instrument Tracks because of all this non-sense but it shouldn't have to be that way.

Hopefully Cubase experts will put me straight and point me to configuration settings or keyboard shortcuts to remedy all of the above and make my life easier. :-D

Alistair

for me the worst problem about cubase is the amount of useless mouse work. clicking continuosly everywhere for music unrelated issues.
dragging here, there resizing continuosly. no, no. too much.

and the audio engine? it feels like you have to place a stereo imager on every track. and still never nailing the sweet spot.

my suggested solution? Ableton live.

it's way less cpu efficient than cubase (at 30% cpu usage it starts going nuts with latency). but making music is a pleasure again.

having a very powerful cpu should fix the problem anyways, time you get to 30% the track is finished.

and then pro tools for the last tweaks.

cubase is the solution for precise audio editing and live recording. but for composing it's a creativity serial killer.

31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Just hit the ' e' button and leave the overview window open. It will change to show whatever track is selected,that way you can see all you inserts,sends,eq,s etc at once.

Regarding the audio engine,there's absolutely nothing wrong with the audio engine, if you can't get a good mix it's not down to cubase.

Mc
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

I usually don't reply to these, but was compelled today.
You can view inserts, group assignments, sends, channel volume, pan, eq, all automation and bypass any and all of these parameters from the arranger window. You can do an entire mix without pulling up the mixer.

There are shortcuts for everything, and if there isn't it takes 2 seconds to make a macro.

Stereo pan law in cubase is different for some people, and is easily changeable from the preferences menu, as is the "plugins always on top" as a preference.
I use pro tools, cubase, logic and Live, they all have their strengths, but no matter what the software, save your energy complaining and learn to use it. 90% of the complaint posts I see about cubase are about features that the user says it doesn't have, but it does. You can pan effects sends, but it seems a lot of people don't know how, so there are a bunch of complaints about how cubase aux sends are only mono...

anyhow, not sure why I felt compelled, but every issue brought up is based on the user's familiarity with the software, and not the software itself.

P.S. Zooming in PT, Logic and Sonar are terrible in comparison to cubase once you actually learn how. You can zoom in and out and lock to events much faster and easier in cubase... again, just need to know how to do it.

I suppose the obvious follow up is to say that it's not intuitive enough, because you have to read the manual to find out how to do these things.
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

I totally agree with just about everything Alistair said.
One of the main reasons I'm still using Logic on a Mac - I actually wish being able to go back to Windows, but Cubase is kind of like the only sequencer that could compete with Logic. And unfortunately it still can't in many areas regarding workflow.
The thing about the inspector not being scrollable once it exceeds your maximum screen height should tell you more than enough about how much Steinberg cares about such issues. It's like that ever since SX1 I think. And it's really a disgrace to human intelligence.
Also, the "let's just display all inserts" paradigm is part of the mixer, too. Makes it way too huge, even on smaller projects.
Well, Alistair has said everything already.

They should hire a completely new GUI team.

- Sascha
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
90% of the complaint posts I see about cubase are about features that the user says it doesn't have, but it does.
I've noticed this too...
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Stereo pan law in cubase is different for some people, and is easily changeable from the preferences menu, as is the "plugins always on top" as a preference.
Yet there is no 'always on top' for mixer or other elements like vsti rack and more...

I'll add to the woe more, where is beat-mapping? Tempo detection? You can't call the time-defined tempo detection actual tempo detection now, that's ridiculous IMO. You can't record something free-form and say detect tempo and either have the option to snap to a tempo grid or visa versa - it's absurd IMO. At least I have not been able to do that.

I admit I am finding hit-point detection and audio-warp very sweet feature (still 5.5). It can edit certain types of mistakes very easily, but it it's still hard to work quickly with longer takes and sometimes to start chopping up long takes is not an option depending on what they are (eg. non percussive tracks).
31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Gear nut

I flick between daws and adapt my workflow to their workflow. If I got this frustrated with one I just wouldn't use it and would move on. I'm not precious about my tools as long as they work. Cubase works for me, but so does Ptools, logic & live in their own way. Depends what I want to achieve. I dont think they sound different either.

That post must have taken ages to write.
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

The original complaint is that you can't mix from arrange window, and a reply was that you cant make mixer always on top... It's one button to go from mixer to arrange, so if you wanted both its very fast (you have to hit 2 keys in PT).
You can also set both up on one screen simultaneously. You can have dual screens with arrange on one and mix on the other. You can customize the mixer to have thinner track width so you can fit more on the screen, chose which info to display, set up multiple mixer windows (1 for channels, one for subgroups etc). Again, how is this a problem for anyone.
If you never mixed a record on a tape machine and spent hours automating, then maybe you are totally bummed out, and feel that your daw owes you something.

The idea of scrolling down through the parameters in logic is weirder to me... in cubase you have all of them accessible and each one opens, so if channel fader was showing in inspector and you want inserts, just touch inserts and they are there, then sends etc. that's easier for me than having to scroll.

Why am I getting sucked in... who knows. The main point is that ALL of these software platforms that people are complaining about are powerful beyond comprehension. You can do things that are unbelievably complicated and incredible sounding at the push of a button... and you complain because you don't know how to detect a tempo (there are features in cubase to do it, 3rd party plugins that do multiple tempo operations, and the ability to snap your fingers and know in your head what the beat is).
If a band doesn't know their tempo I have them play and I get them a click tempo in about 4 seconds after they have settled into the groove. This is an absolutely ridiculous thing to complain about within a software environment that allows you to do about a million other amazing things.

I think we need to watch this video again to remind ourselves of what we are complaining about:
Everything is amazing and nobodys happy
Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy - YouTube
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Undertow...I apologize if you stated this but..Im of the firm belief that it very much depends on whether or not you use 1, 2, 3 or 4 monitors.

I have been using 2 ever since Microsoft allowed me (and I could find the dual Matrox video card years ago)

Perhaps a particular DAW GUI works best with 1 monitor while another works best with 2 monitors?

With that said I really have very few GUI issues with Cubase. Most issues are resolved with key commands. My mixer opens up in the second screen and commands control the width of the mixer including much of what you were saying is difficult for you. Regarding the inspector, 99% of the time its closed. I just don't use it all that often...but that's just how I work.

Some applications are becoming so complex I think designers should state on the box "2 monitors highly recommended." I would never work in Wavelab7 with just one monitor...that's like...just crazy!
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Undertow...I apologize if you stated this but..Im of the firm belief that it very much depends on whether or not you use 1, 2, 3 or 4 monitors.
I have 3 screens. 2x24" and 1x32" all at 1080 resolution and still I'm not happy!

Alistair
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Most of your GUI complaints are just personal preference IMO...
Sure but I also think I am just very demanding of my DAWs. Much more than the average user. Combine that with being very familiar with several other DAWs and seeing how things can be done more efficiently and you get me complaining.

Quote:
Losing presets my accidental mouse touches - possibly there could be improvement but this is what Autosave can help with- it's a must with any DAW IMO.
I have auto-save on but this should never be needed (unless something crashes). Also, when you are in the zone, a couple of minutes is an eternity. You can lose a lot of precious creative work in that time. (And auto-saving too often has its own issues). I find this one of the most inexcusable design flaws. Losing work (without a crash) should never ever happen.

Quote:
Messy VSTi/Midi tracks? You answered your own question.
Sure but don't you agree that not being able to rename instrument track folders is silly? I started using instrument tracks after getting frustrated in a project with 12 instances of the same synth...

Anyway, it isn't just instruments. When I add a group track I want it added as the next track right after whatever track I have selected. It don't want a group track folder elsewhere in my project. (I don't want any if these extra folders imposed in me. I can organise my own projects just fine thank you).

I want to, for instance, select my last percussion track, add a group track and have it appear within the percussion folder and select all my percussion tracks, hit shift and change all their outputs to this newly created group track.

Now I have to go and fish out that group track from the group track folder.

Many will probably consider these things small details and sticking in my part but then I find most people excruciatingly slow when operating DAWs.

Quote:
Hey you could always try Reaper??
Well I collaborate with too many people that use Cubase...

And don't get me wrong, I like Cubase! I just think that some GUI things could be much better and make for much more efficient workflows.

Alistair
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Just hit the ' e' button and leave the overview window open. It will change to show whatever track is selected,that way you can see all you inserts,sends,eq,s etc at once.
Yes I have it permanently on my 3rd screen but that is a waste of screen realestate IMO, you have to select a track before it shows the relevant info and it only shows a single track at a time.

This is just not efficient enough for my taste.

Quote:
Regarding the audio engine,there's absolutely nothing wrong with the audio engine, if you can't get a good mix it's not down to cubase.

Mc
Agreed.

Alistair
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can view inserts, group assignments, sends, channel volume, pan, eq, all automation and bypass any and all of these parameters from the arranger window.
Yes but only for one track at a time unlike Pro Tools or Sonar.

Quote:
You can do an entire mix without pulling up the mixer.
Yes but slowly and efficiently (for my taste).

Quote:
There are shortcuts for everything, and if there isn't it takes 2 seconds to make a macro.
But not for the things I am talking about AFAIK.

Quote:
every issue brought up is based on the user's familiarity with the software, and not the software itself.
I don't think so but feel free to address my specific points.

Quote:
P.S. Zooming in PT, Logic and Sonar are terrible in comparison to cubase once you actually learn how. You can zoom in and out and lock to events much faster and easier in cubase... again, just need to know how to do it.
I didn't complain about zooming but I am quite sure this response is based on not being knowledgeable enough with PT.

Talking about PT, I just arrived at my client's studio. Time to work!

Alistair
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Alistair, I use a hardware controller and therefore using the overview window is great,as I only need to touch a fader on my euphonix and it gives me a complete overview of any parameter for that channel. If you select show all you can have everything in view from input through sends, inserts,eq,s studio sends, send panning, etc etc. This makes working easier for me than having less info crammed into the mixer/track view like all other DAWs. evem if I don't want to use the overview,the buttons on the Euphonix mean i can use the track inspector and just click sends,inserts etc and the window just is there no need for scrolling just a nicely animated menu opening.

Regarding the poster who said the mixer can't be on top??? RTFM dude, see my screen shot here with mixer on top.

MC
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cubase 6 always on top.bmp (3.26 MB, 515 views)
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Regarding the poster who said the mixer can't be on top??? RTFM dude, see my screen shot here with mixer on top.

MC
You had to post a 3 meg .bmp of how your setup which doesn't show the mixer in it's own space. Not the proof nor explanation that is exactly helpful..
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
You had to post a 3 meg .bmp of how your setup which doesn't show the mixer in it's own space. Not the proof nor explanation that is exactly helpful..
I didn't check the .bmp as I am on my phone but I have the mixer and overview windows on my 3rd screen outside the main Cubase window so I know you can make them "Always On Top".

Alistair
UnderTow
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Alistair, I use a hardware controller and therefore using the overview window is great,as I only need to touch a fader on my euphonix and it gives me a complete overview of any parameter for that channel. If you select show all you can have everything in view from input through sends, inserts,eq,s studio sends, send panning, etc etc. This makes working easier for me than having less info crammed into the mixer/track view like all other DAWs. evem if I don't want to use the overview,the buttons on the Euphonix mean i can use the track inspector and just click sends,inserts etc and the window just is there no need for scrolling just a nicely animated menu opening.
Which Euphonix do you have? I have the Artist Series. For one I always have much more channels in a session than I have faders on my control surface (and a 128 fader MC-5 won't fit in my home studio ) so this only helps so much.

Anyway, I'll explain what I mean more thoroughly when I have time and I'm behind a real computer. Now back to PT and Icon.

Alistair
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

The mixer is clearly in its own space, if it wasn't you wouldn't see the desktop back ground, it would be in the extended grey Cubase window.

Alistair,I have the artist series too, my mixes never get more than 60 - 70 channels so I haven't found things troublesome. I'm in mix mode at the moment actually and for the next month too so this is very relevant.

MC

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz App
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Sorry, the picture was to show that all those windows were 'on top '

Sort its a bit large,I forget not everyone has decent internet.

even my mobile phone network is quick enough for files of that size.

MC

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz App
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Well where is 'always on top' option? Try working with 1 monitor, setting the mixer in it's own space doesn't require always on top. Most windows you can right click to achieve that, but I don't see it on the mixer... That is the problem I was trying to address.
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well where is 'always on top' option? Try working with 1 monitor, setting the mixer in it's own space doesn't require always on top. Most windows you can right click to achieve that, but I don't see it on the mixer... That is the problem I was trying to address.
Actually....Setting the mixer outside of the main window does require aot. It's the topmost menu item when you right click on the mixer.

Cubase GUI Woes...-cb-aot.gif

Note: You'll need to click the gif to show the Always on Top option.
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

thx stella, I feel educated now. I didn't think to rightclick on the actual mixer channels themselves to achieve this.
UnderTow
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Note: You'll need to click the gif to show the Always on Top option.
What did you use to create the animated gif?

Cheers,

Alistair
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

I use this simple tool for quick screencaps....made by the Reaper guys so I do feel a little guilty capping Cubase with it!

Cockos Incorporated | LICEcap
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
I use this simple tool for quick screencaps....made by the Reaper guys so I do feel a little guilty capping Cubase with it!

Cockos Incorporated | LICEcap
Traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MC
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Lives for gear

doesn't work on an ipad!!!! bloody ipad's....me and Apple just don't get on

can't believe i still prefer my cheap Andoid tablet...

MC
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance5 View Post
and the audio engine? it feels like you have to place a stereo imager on every track. and still never nailing the sweet spot.
err... Come again?

You should of been using the new Waves Sweetspot-Enhancer plugin!
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

For me, If the next update of Cubase was to add some kind of better track/mixer management, I would never look back...
Large projects can get really cluttered in the mixer!

Ever since (curse the day!) I opened up Pro Tools and saw how awesome the track management (Hiding and showing tracks to taste in the mixer and arrange window) I long for such tidiness!

The technology is already there with the Can/hide feature, but i think that should be overhauled and introduce a track list rather...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search