Pro Tools - Scenario with Undo Record and lost takes
The following happened during a session today and, while not tragic, definitely messed with my mojo. I'm aware that Undo Record will cause audio files to be deleted once it's pushed from the redo buffer, but I didn't think it would apply here.
1. Record some takes, let's say "audio_01.wav" in file "test.ptf"
2. File > Save As (not Save a Copy) "test2.ptf" in the same directory. The new file inherits the Undo buffer.
3. Do some editing, etc. then Undo back all the way (including undoing the record that created "audio_01.wav").
4. Close "test2.ptf" and open "test.ptf"
5. Get missing files error; "audio_01.wav" is missing from the disk.
I cannot replicate this behavior. Is this a bug or can someone point out my error? This was PT 8 (I think with the latest patches) on Mac ) OS 10.5.8 - thanks for any help!