New Reply
Subscribe
AxK
25th January 2012
Old 25th January 2012
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to AxK
Artist Series Disconnecting from Pro Tools

Humble request for ideas here. Perhaps I haven't searched extensively enough, but I just can't seem to find anything on this issue.

I've got the Artist Series Mix, Control, and Transport (all black Avid versions I just purchased directly from them last month) using PT 9.0.6 on OSX 10.7.2. In each of the other pieces of software I've set up custom softkeys for, everything works fine.

In Pro Tools only, all of the units function normally for a few seconds...then the Transport goes dark, the motors on the Control's faders start making noise, and all of my softkeys disappear, instead showing up as though nothing has been set up for Pro Tools.

The screen on the Control and Transport shows "Pro Tools 9Mac" as the selected application, but it functions as though Pro Tools is a totally unrecognized program with no Eucon support.

PT has Eucon enabled, cables are all plugged in securely, life is good otherwise. This doesn't happen with any other software but Pro Tools. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have a thread that I just haven't found in my searches that's already covered this?

Any help would be appreciated.
25th January 2012
Old 25th January 2012
Lives for gear

Have you updated the latest firmware on the units? Is lion approved for pt and the artist units? It's early yet to be upgrading IMHO.

Ps are the control's all black too? I've only seen the "old" black and silver design in pictures.
AxK
25th January 2012
Old 25th January 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb4t2 View Post
Have you updated the latest firmware on the units? Is lion approved for pt and the artist units? It's early yet to be upgrading IMHO.

Ps are the control's all black too? I've only seen the "old" black and silver design in pictures.
Oops, forgot to mention that. Yes, I have the latest software (Eucontrol 2.6.2 with the latest firmware on the MC's). PT 9.0.6 is compatible with Lion, as is Eucontrol.

The Controls are indeed black now. Looking great with their Avid branding. Now if only I could get mine to work.
25th January 2012
Old 25th January 2012
Gear maniac

Make shure they have a static ip adress. Power up with the two "cfg" buttons pushed. Then choose for static ip instead of use dhcp.

Make sure subnet mask corresponds with your settings (check system prefs - network - ethernet). Make sure the ip adress is in the range of your router, but not overlapping with another device.

My setup is much more stable since I do it like that. Although I still have the feeling that it's not thight as it should be.

Until I can afford a desk with automatisation (when will that ever be ) it's the best I tried. So I'll have to live with it.
AxK
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Gear interested

I have set static IP addresses for all the units, all within the correct range and using the same subnet mask. Still having the same issue, still only with Pro Tools.
27th January 2012
Old 27th January 2012
Gear maniac

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work.

Have you tried deleting protools eucon prefs ?
Sometimes when I have issues, deleting the plist-file helps.
I use most of the time logic, don't know if pro tools has a plist file especially for eucon controllers. Logic does.
Sometimes it gets corrupted in some sort of way. Maybe you can seaerch in that direction ?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search