Lenovo x220 tablet hybrid with wacom technology as DAW
Itsmorning
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Banned

Does anyone have experience using a lenovo table with wacom technology for composing on software such a reason, cubase, or live? How intuitive is it to write notes, automations, select through options, turn knobs, and transport? Or has anyone used a regular wacom tablet for these purposes. Is a trackpad and keyboard still better? I've tried the apps on apples tablets and fingers are just not specific enough to justify using those instead or trackpad and keyboard. Any info is greatly apprecited.
Itsmorning
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Banned

Looks like I may become the guinea pig for this. Wish there was somewhere to test this.
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Gear nut

I've owned older convertible tablet pc's (Acer C310 series and Lenovo x61) and I've never used them for any serious music work at all. I think you'd find it extremely difficult and probably frustrating. Transport control and some basic stuff might be fine but anything requiring precision would be rough.
Itsmorning
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan03
I've owned older convertible tablet pc's (Acer C310 series and Lenovo x61) and I've never used them for any serious music work at all. I think you'd find it extremely difficult and probably frustrating. Transport control and some basic stuff might be fine but anything requiring precision would be rough.
Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards a no.
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

my Lenovo laptop sucks as a DAW because of the wireless card. For me the resolution of a tablet touch surface would not be fine enough for DAW work. I'd spend all my time zooming in and out to get the touch point right, then to get back out to where I can see what I'm doing.
Itsmorning
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill@WelcomeHome
my Lenovo laptop sucks as a DAW because of the wireless card. For me the resolution of a tablet touch surface would not be fine enough for DAW work. I'd spend all my time zooming in and out to get the touch point right, then to get back out to where I can see what I'm doing.
Ewww sounds pretty bad. I think I'll stay away right now until I hear something positive. Thanks for the input!

I swear i remember hearing composers using wacom to lay down tunes. Maybe it's not well implemented on lenovos.
24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Gear nut

I would imagine they'd be useful in notation programs, but yeah, in a DAW there's too much info in too small a space on the screen.

If you could have a big 42" touch/tablet monitor, that might work, but would carry its own set of issues.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search