Control Surface
New Reply
Subscribe
Paulie Storm
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Gear Newb

Control Surface

Gear question for control surface. Just ordered PT10 and am looking for advice on a control surface. Anywhere in the $500-$1000 range. Any and all suggestions will help. You guys are always spot on with advice. Thanks! !!

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz.com
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Lives for gear

There's not really anything :( I've been looking. You can get a mackie or a novation or pretty much anything without motorized faders. The project mix and 003 mixer are long in the tooth and not going to be supported on future versions, and the artist mix is overpriced. I will probably just get an artist mix unless I ball out and get something from SSL.

Another option is a faderport. You can get some of the functionality of the control surface with a small footprint and low cost.
19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Gear Newb

Thanks Ron. I have the faderport and its ok but was looking for at least 8 faders to control on a submit or final mix. Looked at the mackie mcu pro but keep hearing stories about noisy motorized faders. Your right about artist series being overpriced.

19th December 2011
Old 19th December 2011
Lives for gear

it definitely is overpriced. Still kind of appealing, especially now that it's black and works with windows.
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Storm View Post
Gear question for control surface. Just ordered PT10 and am looking for advice on a control surface. Anywhere in the $500-$1000 range. Any and all suggestions will help. You guys are always spot on with advice. Thanks! !!

I've been using a Digidesign Command 8 for about 6 years now and it really works well. It's followed me through several upgrades (Pro Tools LE, all the way up to HD land) and I've never had any issues with it, even with it getting used at least 5 days a week.

It's laid out very logically and not overcrowded with features you'll never use. I use just about every and feature on that thing and hardly ever find a need for more.

I picked mine up on Craiglist for about $700, and if it ever died I wouldn't hesitate getting another.

Best,
Jeremy
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search