Computer Based "Instant Replay"
newrob1
20th April 2006
Old 20th April 2006
Gear nut

Computer Based "Instant Replay"

I own a 360 Systems Instant Replay and started using a software based version called Sports Sounds Pro which is for PC. I ended up liking the software based version better because unlike the 360 Systems I can input various formats instantly and not in real time. It has multiple counters and big buttons that fare well on a touch screen. Here is my challenge, I have started to use my Mac more and more for live corporate events and since Smaart Live 6 came out for Mac it is getting closer to the point where I can do the whole show from a Mac only I can't find any good "Instant Replay" software for Mac. It needs to have big buttons(for touch screen applications) and the ability to import samples in only seconds as live shows can sometimes dictate no prep time. So if any one out there knows of a really good piece of Instant Replay software for OSX then beers are on me!
20th April 2006
Old 20th April 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrob1
I own a 360 Systems Instant Replay and started using a software based version called Sports Sounds Pro which is for PC. I ended up liking the software based version better because unlike the 360 Systems I can input various formats instantly and not in real time. It has multiple counters and big buttons that fare well on a touch screen. Here is my challenge, I have started to use my Mac more and more for live corporate events and since Smaart Live 6 came out for Mac it is getting closer to the point where I can do the whole show from a Mac only I can't find any good "Instant Replay" software for Mac. It needs to have big buttons(for touch screen applications) and the ability to import samples in only seconds as live shows can sometimes dictate no prep time. So if any one out there knows of a really good piece of Instant Replay software for OSX then beers are on me!
You could use Battery to trigger the samples.... Use a midi controller to trigger the sounds.
20th April 2006
Old 20th April 2006
Lives for gear

newrob1
20th April 2006
Old 20th April 2006
Gear nut

Tony, what is Battery?

I have tried QLab and was hoping for a program that would give you a full screen of "hot keys" to select samples.

Thanks for the replies
20th April 2006
Old 20th April 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrob1
Tony, what is Battery?

I have tried QLab and was hoping for a program that would give you a full screen of "hot keys" to select samples.

Thanks for the replies
It's technically a drum machine...

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...6f4250&flash=8

But, I have found that it can be used for this purpose... Just click on the cell and it plays... You can have up to 72 cells. My friend just clicks with his mouse right on the screen. It's $200.
7th June 2009
Old 7th June 2009
Gear maniac

Yea software is cool but at a live hip hop show would it be cool to use a mouse or would you rather use your fingers to hit the pads (of the actual real instant replay)?
7th June 2009
Old 7th June 2009
Lives for gear

I would suggest looking into DJ software.

DJ apps are made strictly for simplicity in live performance and most have some sort of sampler built-in for drops. I use M-Audio's Torq which has a 16 cell sampler.

The advantage of using that type of application vs. a traditional sequencer is that all your samples and settings are there at launch without having to load a song or plugin.

You can also do things like trigger the samples directly your computer keyboard. Torq will assign any button or knob to any key (midi or computer keyboard) with just a right-click. Plus you can record directly or drag any type of audio file into the sample cells. Most vst drum programs don't support MP3s.
29th September 2010
Old 29th September 2010
Gear nut

Soundplant39. Google it ;-)
14th January 2013
Old 14th January 2013
Lives for gear

i know this is a 2 year old thread but can we bring this conversation into 2013 ...

is there an iPad version of the Instant Replay yet ? I could have used one saturday night ...

cheers

john
15th January 2013
Old 15th January 2013
Lives for gear

bump
12th September 2013
Old 12th September 2013
Gear interested

Again, an old thread, but I'll chime in:

I've recently used a Mac-based application called SoundBoard with excellent results. I believe there is also an iPad version, as well as an app that will allow you to remotely control the desktop/laptop version with an iPad. This will also map to X-Keys or other controllers. Here's the link:

Soundboard | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
5 Days Ago
Old 5 Days Ago
Gear interested

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search