Nebula 3 Users... Pro Upgrade Worth It?
New Reply
Subscribe
JWard
3rd October 2011
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear Head

Nebula 3 Users... Pro Upgrade Worth It?

I recently bought the Nebula 3 bundle to get access to the 3rd party developer libraries. The bundle is x32 only and I'm running Winx64 with Sonar x64. Although I'm extremely impressed with the sounds I'm getting, the load times are dreadful and my system is locking up periodically... and I have a fast computer! (i7920, 6GB DDR3, WD10k Rptrs)

I'm wondering if the x64 Nebula 3 Pro upgrade would solve most of my problems, or be a wasted $80 upgrade? I'm really new to this platform so I don't know what to expect.

Any similar circumstances out there? Thanks
3rd October 2011
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry I cant help you but I would be interested to hear what experience people had going from 32bit Nebula to 64bit. I'll be doing that myself next year.
3rd October 2011
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear Head

Yeah I get the impression that the Nebula 3 x32 VST isn't the issue... it's the libraries that cause the slow load times. Maybe an SSD drive would help?
Not sure though...
3rd October 2011
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

An SSD can help but mostly the slow loading is due to the sample rate conversion being carried out when you are using 96k libraries at 44.1 (or vice versa)
3rd October 2011
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear maniac

I switched to 64-bit W7 and upgraded to Nebula 3 64-bit shortly thereafter (with 64-bit Reaper). Once I got there, a lot of my problems seemed to go away and it seems like I can run more instances of Nebula. Load times are still long for some reverb files. UI still seems hokey and only semi-useful, setup is awful, but soundwise I feel like I'm getting premium effects for low bucks.

-Kirk
JWard
6th October 2011
Old 6th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkhawley View Post
I switched to 64-bit W7 and upgraded to Nebula 3 64-bit shortly thereafter (with 64-bit Reaper). Once I got there, a lot of my problems seemed to go away and it seems like I can run more instances of Nebula. Load times are still long for some reverb files.
Thanks Kirk... if I might ask, did your overall load times improve with the 64-bit version? I'm using the 44.1 AITB EQ programs so the conversion isn't necessary (thanks Stella) within my 24/44.1 DAW. Still, 4 or 5 instances takes upwards of a minute to fully load.. and that's using frozen soft synths and .wavs.

Ironically when I'm playing the entire track, I'm only using 4 to 5% CPU.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search