Apogee Duet Freaks Out On MacBook Pro?
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

Apogee Duet Freaks Out On MacBook Pro?

Hi GS,

I've recently transferred my Apogee Duet to my MacBook Pro and the input volume is just cranked out buzzing like some feedback loop or something.

I don't have this problem with my MacMini, but when I switch to use it with the laptop, it goes bezerk.

Has anybody had this problem before? It's running 10.5.8. I re-installed the drivers and it didn't do a thing?

If anybody have any experience with something like this and what the patch/fix is I'd be grateful to know.

Thanks,
-soupking
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

I have 1st generation Duet, macbook pro OS 10.6.8. Duet now does not record. Occasionally on playback it just makes a lot of crackling noise. Not sure if it just died.
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by faramita View Post
I have 1st generation Duet, macbook pro OS 10.6.8. Duet now does not record. Occasionally on playback it just makes a lot of crackling noise. Not sure if it just died.
Yes, I have a first gen Duet, and my laptop is one of the first macbook pro generations and I don't have 10.6.8, only 10.5.8. The symptoms are different as well. I can't even get to the point of recording. The moment I plug in the firewire, the inputs peak like wild.

What's odd is it doesn't do this with my MacMini running 10.6.8. Bizarre, I'm thinking I'll have to call Apogee direct.

Thanks anyway,
-soup
Old 14th August 2011
what version of OSX do you have on the mac mini?
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaudio View Post
what version of OSX do you have on the mac mini?

I guess by rationale, one might suggest installing that on my laptop. I think I might call Apogee first before doing so just to get some kind of explanation. I've had issues with Snow Leopard upon install and re-installing all my software sounds like quite an undertaking if I have a bad install.
Old 14th August 2011
Sonic Hooligan

Is the Duet sharing the bus/port with anything else? My Duet doesn't like one of my external hard drives, or my old Motu 828.. It freaks..

Drivers/maestro software all up to date?
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llitsor View Post
Is the Duet sharing the bus/port with anything else? My Duet doesn't like one of my external hard drives, or my old Motu 828.. It freaks..

Drivers/maestro software all up to date?
Yeah, that's what's strange. It freaks with nothing else plugged in even after I downloaded the old drivers.

'Freaks' is the appropriate description though.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search