Protools 9: selected ASIO device could not be initialized?!
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear interested

Protools 9: selected ASIO device could not be initialized?!

I try to start up protools and a window pops up that says "The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another Audio device". but all i have here is a Saphire interface, so i cant even select another driver. ive been using it, i used it yesterday with no problems and then all of a sudden it crapped out. any ideas?
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Head

This happened to me after I installed a Black Magic Decklink card that has an audio driver. PT wanted to use the Decklink for some reason. When I looked at the device manager it appeared above my DIGI 003 device driver. Once I disable the decklink, it worked just fine. Is it possible that you have another audio driver in device management list? Maybe even the onboard audio device for your motherboard?

Also, have you checked the status of your Saphire interface? That's firewire, right? I know with my DIGI 003 that I have to sometimes unplug and plug back in the firewire cable for Windows to install it since the firewire software is a little erratic in Windows 7.

Last edited by kronos78; 23rd July 2011 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: added question
Old 24th July 2011
Gear interested

i will try when i go back. its actually not mine, its a friends. thanks for the info
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search