Lexicon PCM Native Plugins: Lion and 64 bit
New Reply
Subscribe
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
Wish I could be more help. I truly understand your issues as I too find it's a great reverb although pricey as we've been accustomed by Lexicon. I truly hope it works out for you and that they polish the 64 bit version.
thanks. My fingers are crossed that, when I get some down-time, I can do a clean install of Mountain Lion, reinstall Logic (again), and see if any of these issues are resolved.

Interesting that I'm already seeing posts on the Apple forums that some Logic users are seeing added GUI sluggishness under Mountain Lion. Apple really needs to get their act together and release Logic 10, or surrender the software to some other more dedicated 3rd party company that still cares about the pro audio market.
25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Is LXP Native 10.7/8 + 64bit compatible? There is no word on LexiconPro.com product page. It says it's only compatible up to OS X 10.6?
25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

I've used them on 10.7 systems without any problems.
25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
I've used them on 10.7 systems without any problems.
64bit?
25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Lives for gear

When I used it I was running Logic in 64 bits and the Lexicon in 32 bit through the audio unit bridge.
TNM
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carnes View Post
We spent considerable--and I mean considerable--time chasing reports of "CPU Spikes". We have not found anything attributable to our plugins. We've added many testers and set up a large number of test systems, but have not found anything. The CPU load of the new plugin builds is quite even, modulating by only a few percent.

What I have found in several cases is that a MIDI server process occasionally launches and chews up an entire core's worth of power. I've seen a number of issues under Pro Tools (eventually forcing me to delete the offending service) as well as under Logic. I have absolutely no idea why this is, especially since none of our plugins currently receive or generate MIDI. I've found many references to this on the web, with no obvious solutions.

So for anyone who believes they may be experiencing this, do launch 'Applications Monitor' and look at the relative process loads. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as a solution, I've sometimes found that killing the MIDI server process will cause it to relaunch as a more considerate citizen.

NS

Well, i bought these before the price drop and they are unusable. $1062 just thrown away.

SL 10.6.8

Logic 9.1.8 64 bit

MBP

Do not ask me why i didn't demo them because i had demoed before and had used the previous version and did not have problems (sold them for a while and now re bought them this november).. considering i didn't have problems with the previous versions i wasn't expecting to suddenly have unusable plugins with the new versions, which are a must for me in any case as i use 64 bit only.

Cpu spikes, on 8 cores, i can reproduce it any time, it's always with the gui open, worse when manipulating sliders, and then worse again on some algos than others, and i have spent days troubleshooting this to no avail.

Oh, there's a spike at loop points on the project too.

I have 150 plugins and this is the only one that does this. Sure, all plugins are prone to an odd minor spike here and there over the years i've used plugins, but nothing like this. Yep, an empty project, zero cpu load, load one audiofile, add one lexicon PCM, and watch logic's 8 cores spike, over 50% sometimes on all 8, with ONE instance of PCM, and the fans go crazy and the macbook heats up.

These "premium" plugins are junk and i am tired of paying big $$$ for junk (as good as they sound) and then the developer not being "able to reproduce the bug".
i'll reproduce it for you any time, any where. I have confirmed it on 3 macs now.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz View Post
For what it's worth, I just moved from an old Mac Pro on Snow Leopard to a brand new Mac Pro running Lion.

The Lexicon PCM Plugs run WAY worse on Logic under Lion than they did on Snow Leopard. Seems to be a GUI problem -- as soon as the plugin interface is open, huge CPU spikes immediately upon attempting to move any sliders. Plugin works fine as long as the window is closed.

I was running the exact same plugin version in 64 bit mode on Logic under Snow Leopard just 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. So it appears, from my standpoint, to be a Lexicon/Lion problem.

Anyone else still seeing this behaviour?

The problems are evident on snow leopard.. sometimes the spikes don't happen at all and you don't notice.. but i have found a way to reprodice it very easily now (sadly).

These are abandonware to make things worse, not a single update for a year now.

Sigh.
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
The problems are evident on snow leopard.. sometimes the spikes don't happen at all and you don't notice.. but i have found a way to reprodice it very easily now (sadly).
I reported those problems in beta phase to Lex a few times and it has 99% to do with the GUI eating up resources like crazy.

When I close the plug-in window everything is fine again, when open, I get drop outs and clicks and extreme CPU consumption.

Also Snow Leopard here.

Quote:
These are abandonware to make things worse, not a single update for a year now.

Sigh.
This doesn't sound like an incorrect assumption to me :(
mfx
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders View Post
I reported those problems in beta phase to Lex a few times and it has 99% to do with the GUI eating up resources like crazy.

When I close the plug-in window everything is fine again, when open, I get drop outs and clicks and extreme CPU consumption.

Also Snow Leopard here.

I am confident somewhere reading the main software guy dealing with the Lexicon code etc has now left?!! Hence the major price reductions? Be nice to see a statement from Lexicon officially confirming on going development and support of the reverb software or soon to be dropped?!

Peace
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear nut

Given there are documented, recognised bugs that exist and there have been no updates/fixes in over a year, I'd say they've made that statement...
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Actually, on their Facebook page they stated that these plugins are NOT being discontinued, and that the price drop is due to customer feedback and the changing industry.
TNM
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders View Post

Also Snow Leopard here.

Yep, when the gui is open it's the issue. Moving a slider.. wow.. that can spike 4 cores on it's own..

32 bit, 64 bit, logic, studio one, pro tools.. i don't know how many more people have to confirm this bug for them to take it seriously.
TNM
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
I am confident somewhere reading the main software guy dealing with the Lexicon code etc has now left?!! Hence the major price reductions? Be nice to see a statement from Lexicon officially confirming on going development and support of the reverb software or soon to be dropped?!

Peace
well if you read his arrogant reply above it's no loss if you ask me.

"oh no.. not my precious plugins.. they are 100% stable.. they could never do any wrong".. even though people are continuously reporting the cpu spikes on mac systems over various audio forums, on various configurations.

What's worse in my case is i asked for a second demo and it couldn't be provided.. so had i had the chance to demo them i would have seen the issue and not wasted the $1062 bucks. I just logically presumed they would work ok like version 1.13

The price reductions are at a time when relab have released the full LX480 and the Michael guy from lexicon is releasing his own $300 reverb plugin.. coincidence? Nah.. they realised they have competition now much cheaper so decided to drop price.. that simple...

Anyway these can't be use in logic realisticaly cause on a medium weight project with just one pcm and the gui open you will get "audio overload" message every time you move a knob.. so they are literally unusable.

I've actually considered moving to windows cause they are my favorite plugins sound wise and i can't bear to waste that sort of money, but nah, i am going to fight.

I am considering a class action law suite for a complete refund as the product is 100% NOT fit for purpose. It's very basic math, we will win.

If people want to join me in this please pm me.. there's no way we can lose as we can all prove the product is broken for a year now and no communication on fixing it. We can all get our money back for our purchases.
T11
12th January 2013
Old 12th January 2013
T11
Gear interested

12th January 2013
Old 12th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, when the gui is open it's the issue. Moving a slider.. wow.. that can spike 4 cores on it's own..

32 bit, 64 bit, logic, studio one, pro tools.. i don't know how many more people have to confirm this bug for them to take it seriously.
Completely put me off buying it. I was only looking at it last night and thinking I would like to give the PCM plugins a go. Now I won't.
12th January 2013
Old 12th January 2013
Lives for gear

There are so many cheaper and IMHO better solutions that I'm sure you'll find a good solution for what you're looking for.
TNM
13th January 2013
Old 13th January 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T11 View Post
The one which JRR sells, does it include 64 bits version for Windows?

Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle - Download License

Yes of course 64.

From what i know the windows version doesn't have the cpu spikes.

It's so sad cause the previous 1.13 version works flawlessly.

So i even considered using them in logic's 64 bit bridge. I.e the 32 bit versions that worked.

That's how much i miss this reverb.

But get this!

Out of every plugin i have ever tested there may be 2 or 3 that have blocked logic's spacebar transport controls with the 32 bit bridge.

And um yes, you guessed it, these are one of them. I can't believe even THAT goes wrong for me with them.

i.e every single time you touch the lexicon gui you lose all of logic's key commands until you click away from the lex gui and back onto logic's main windows. Most bridged plugins do not have that problem.

Imagine every tiny adjustment you make to the tail and you want to hear it fade out, you have to go through that procedure to play back.. and the gui on bridged plugins disappears when you click away from it too.

SO frustrating.

I even considered moving to windows but i tried it and i just can't.. i love mac too much..

but that's how much i love the SOUND of the pcm bundle.

i am in contacts with lexicon but i had one short reply saying they would refer it to the appropriate department, over 2 weeks ago and nothing since then.

Amazing support for what used to be 2 grand plugins.

I am in utter shock.
T11
13th January 2013
Old 13th January 2013
T11
Gear interested

Quote:
Yes of course 64.

From what i know the windows version doesn't have the cpu spikes.

It's so sad cause the previous 1.13 version works flawlessly.

So i even considered using them in logic's 64 bit bridge. I.e the 32 bit versions that worked.

That's how much i miss this reverb.

But get this!

Out of every plugin i have ever tested there may be 2 or 3 that have blocked logic's spacebar transport controls with the 32 bit bridge.

And um yes, you guessed it, these are one of them. I can't believe even THAT goes wrong for me with them.

i.e every single time you touch the lexicon gui you lose all of logic's key commands until you click away from the lex gui and back onto logic's main windows. Most bridged plugins do not have that problem.

Imagine every tiny adjustment you make to the tail and you want to hear it fade out, you have to go through that procedure to play back.. and the gui on bridged plugins disappears when you click away from it too.

SO frustrating.

I even considered moving to windows but i tried it and i just can't.. i love mac too much..

but that's how much i love the SOUND of the pcm bundle.

i am in contacts with lexicon but i had one short reply saying they would refer it to the appropriate department, over 2 weeks ago and nothing since then.

Amazing support for what used to be 2 grand plugins.

I am in utter shock.
Thx I agree, they really need to 'look after their babies', when they have such awesome sounding products.
13th January 2013
Old 13th January 2013
Lives for gear

This is the reason I decided to go with the LXP Native plugins for real cheap. I compared them for a week, and with only a slight difference, the PCM version was a tad better. I have real deal Lexicons, but I wanted that Lexi flavour ITB.

The LXP is a no brainer for the low price right now. Pretty stable on Logic 9 with OS 10.6.8, plus, the new Valhalla Vintage Verb can do very similar things to the PCM bundle, a little demo will prove this point.
TNM
20th January 2013
Old 20th January 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofswing View Post
This is the reason I decided to go with the LXP Native plugins for real cheap. I compared them for a week, and with only a slight difference, the PCM version was a tad better. I have real deal Lexicons, but I wanted that Lexi flavour ITB.

The LXP is a no brainer for the low price right now. Pretty stable on Logic 9 with OS 10.6.8, plus, the new Valhalla Vintage Verb can do very similar things to the PCM bundle, a little demo will prove this point.
VV is amazing for $50

much nicer IMO than VR

anyway...

lxp yes the price is incredible, the only reason the guys that go for pcm do is to get the vintage plate and different room. Cause if you bought LXP and just wanted those two extra algos, to buy them as singles would cost more than pcm+lxp to begin with.

Anyway lexicon have confirmed to me that they have reproduced the cpu spikes and are fully aware of them and are working on a fix but there is NO eta.. they will release it simultaneously with the aax version.

NO eta is usually a year away at least, so i am not thrilled. Furthermore, i just found out that the 1.1.3 that DOES work in logic's bridge, flawlessly,as a 32 bit plugin, does not work under lion+. so when i finally thought i'd found a workaround, as the 1.1.3 does not trap logic's key commands and does not crash the bridge and does not cause ANY cpu spikes, i can't use it on my music computer LOL.

I can leave them unused for a year.. then when the update is out, use them, but by then my projects will be full of TSAR, and Valhalla so what's the point?

FWIW Michael Carnes' new plugins (which sound as good as pcm bundle), the exponential audio stuff, exhibit shockingly bad cpu spikes but not when touching knobs, but when opening gui, and at project loops points, total core overload. Since he programmed the previous PCM updates it is obvious his coding is the main problem here since his own exhibit problems, so i am kind of glad he is not doing any more pcm updates.

FWIW finally, i tested over 100 plugins today, in logic, same project, including 10 other reverbs, and none of them produced any cpu spikes whatsoever. Not a one. The problem is something with the 64 bit lex/exponential gui's. The gui code changed in 1.3.6 cause the 32 bit ones trap logic's 64 bit bridge key commands, and the 1.1.3 don't.

I am going to try some trickery with pacifist to extract 1.1.3 in ML and see if it's just the installers that are the problems or if the components actually won't validate.

Anyone using older releases who have managed to validate them in mountail lion logic 9.1.8 PLEASE let me know, i will be very grateful!

cheers.
Michael Carnes
29th January 2013
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
FWIW Michael Carnes' new plugins (which sound as good as pcm bundle), the exponential audio stuff, exhibit shockingly bad cpu spikes but not when touching knobs, but when opening gui, and at project loops points, total core overload. Since he programmed the previous PCM updates it is obvious his coding is the main problem here since his own exhibit problems,
Just went over this topic on another forum. The cpu spikes only turn up on looping. This is the result of the reverb having to flush its tails. As I said on the other forum, you don't want to hear the tails from measure 20 when you roll back to measure 10. Any time you relocate, this must happen. A considerable amount of memory must be zeroed out and that takes time. If you're looping, you'll need to add some preroll. That's just the way it is. A modern algorithmic reverb uses a fair amount of memory and there's no getting around the fact that it must be cleared. That's what this user is experiencing as spikes.
The old Lex plugins use an older code framework that's probably responsible for any GUI contribution to this load.
Quote:
so i am kind of glad he is not doing any more pcm updates.
He is too.
31st January 2013
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Just went over this topic on another forum. The cpu spikes only turn up on looping. This is the result of the reverb having to flush its tails. As I said on the other forum, you don't want to hear the tails from measure 20 when you roll back to measure 10. Any time you relocate, this must happen.
I haven't experienced these cpu spike problems as far as I know (lxp and mpx tho), but I was left wondering about this. Does that mean the reverb tail should cut off when returning to beginning of a loop when playing a loop? None of my reverbs does that if i think about it, the tail plays completely when playback is either looped or stopped.
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Just went over this topic on another forum. The cpu spikes only turn up on looping. This is the result of the reverb having to flush its tails. As I said on the other forum, you don't want to hear the tails from measure 20 when you roll back to measure 10. Any time you relocate, this must happen. A considerable amount of memory must be zeroed out and that takes time. If you're looping, you'll need to add some preroll. That's just the way it is. A modern algorithmic reverb uses a fair amount of memory and there's no getting around the fact that it must be cleared. That's what this user is experiencing as spikes.
The old Lex plugins use an older code framework that's probably responsible for any GUI contribution to this load.

He is too.
Hi Michael,

I own "your" PCM bundle, do they do this flushing too?
Either way, no hardware reverb does this, so if it's responsible for spikes I would make it an option for the people that want it. Then it's no problem for those who don't care.
And to be honest, in what situation would you really NEED the flushing? We have lived years without and you can always set the sequencer a few bars back to check the start of the looppoint..
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I was still left thinking of this and I remembered LXP cutting off the reverb tail when looping and it does indeed do so in Logic. I always found this very annoying, because most of my work is loop based. Most of the time I have a loop on and work on the notes in piano roll and it's not cool when the reverb cuts off every few seconds and starts to build up again, you don't get a realistic idea how the verb would sound in the song context.

But.. luckily (for some reason) it doesn't do so in Studio One. None of my other reverbs do it in neither DAW, Logic or S1.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but if it is, I don't find this flushing a very good feature and actually fail to see when would it be wanted behaviour?

(Edit. Tested and MPX native also cuts reverb tail in Logic when looping..)
Michael Carnes
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
I don't know if this is the same thing, but if it is, I don't find this flushing a very good feature and actually fail to see when would it be wanted behaviour?

(Edit. Tested and MPX native also cuts reverb tail in Logic when looping..)
It's wanted whenever you're not doing looping stuff, ie mixing a regular tune, a movie or television program. Especially in the case of long reverbs, mix engineers lose their patience waiting for the tail to die away so they can restart.

However, it is an interesting situation for those of you who do looping or live sort of work. Some sort of parameter is something I'd consider for future plugins. I'm not likely to add it to existing stuff, because changing the number of parameters can badly break jobs with stored automation data.

In the meantime, is it possible you could use Rewire to feed those sends to effects sitting in a Mainstage project or something along those lines?
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Actually it isn't a problem anymore as the LXP/MPX reverb tail doesn't cut in Studio One which I now use (don't ask me why it acts so if it's not supposed to). I had already forgotten this happened in Logic.

I remembered there was an option in Logic (or some other DAW) to either play or not play fx tails when stopped, but I couldn't find it anymore.

But yes, I now realize that especially those who work in post might find it annoying to wait for long reverbs to fade out.

I've mixed plenty of "regular" tunes too, but never found sustained reverbs a problem .
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
well if you read his arrogant reply above it's no loss if you ask me.

"oh no.. not my precious plugins.. they are 100% stable.. they could never do any wrong".. even though people are continuously reporting the cpu spikes on mac systems over various audio forums, on various configurations.

What's worse in my case is i asked for a second demo and it couldn't be provided.. so had i had the chance to demo them i would have seen the issue and not wasted the $1062 bucks. I just logically presumed they would work ok like version 1.13

The price reductions are at a time when relab have released the full LX480 and the Michael guy from lexicon is releasing his own $300 reverb plugin.. coincidence? Nah.. they realised they have competition now much cheaper so decided to drop price.. that simple...

Anyway these can't be use in logic realisticaly cause on a medium weight project with just one pcm and the gui open you will get "audio overload" message every time you move a knob.. so they are literally unusable.

I've actually considered moving to windows cause they are my favorite plugins sound wise and i can't bear to waste that sort of money, but nah, i am going to fight.

I am considering a class action law suite for a complete refund as the product is 100% NOT fit for purpose. It's very basic math, we will win.

If people want to join me in this please pm me.. there's no way we can lose as we can all prove the product is broken for a year now and no communication on fixing it. We can all get our money back for our purchases.
How many class-action lawsuits do you have going now? You've threatened to sue Lexicon, the propellerheads, you're bagging on EastWest saying stuff like "your software, and especially as a plug in, is a disaster and then some.. a cruel joke to be completely honest."

I rather amazed anyone still sells you plugins.
TNM
19th February 2013
Old 19th February 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll View Post
How many class-action lawsuits do you have going now? You've threatened to sue Lexicon, the propellerheads, you're bagging on EastWest saying stuff like "your software, and especially as a plug in, is a disaster and then some.. a cruel joke to be completely honest."

I rather amazed anyone still sells you plugins.
Sorry but i don't see how this topic has anything to do about my personal life.

I suggested if anyone would be interested in a lexicon class action, only two were, so no go. Simply because software i have paid $1062 for is giving me all manner of grief on mac, (they simply wreak havok on cpu and project playback) and i have contacted lexicon support, and after long waits for responses , the issue has been confirmed to go back over 14 months, with still no eta for a fix. If you care to read other replies in the topic, it's a common issue (now officially confirmed by support where the developer here denied it) and all that have commented really don't think a fix is imminent.

to answer your question, absolutely no lawsuits going.

I also don't understand how it is of any relevance to bring personal issues about me, discussed at another forum (kvr), about another company (propellerheads), in a lexicon topic?

also i find it perplexing that in the east west topic, the topic is literally pages and pages of complaints far worse than mine, yet you only quoted my one bad line, and somehow missed quoting the part on how wonderful i think their libraries sound? You also have seemed to miss that the east west support representative has admitted he has not even used the plugins in the same way as i do so has never even BEEN in a situation to replicate the problems.

Finally, i noticed in your own topic here:
Flux Tools plugins crash Cubase 7

That there has been some very heavy bashing of flux as a company by some of the people replying in your own topic, quite destructive that could lose flux sales, yet you seem to have missed that and have decided not to mention that to them?

I guess i am just a little curious why you are posting things about me from various places here in unrelated topics, but not to others who have posted similarly.. It therefore feels personal and it's a little unnerving to be honest! Of course my apologies if i misunderstand your intentions.

The products in question have all been extremely expensive investments to someone not working and who does music these days only as a hobby, and eastwest without a demo even, so i don't think i am being unreasonable in expecting a $1,062 reverb plugin to work, nor a ~~$1100 (the way i configured it) Play composer edition.

I did indeed ask lexicon for a refund, that is the first company i asked for a refund flat out, ever. They declined. So yes i think it's unfair that a product that worked in snow leopard at version 1.1.3 perfectly, that i could not get a second demo of the newer version on my ilok (denied) so i decided to have faith since 1.1.3 worked so well, that an update would work just as efficiently, does not work properly. And i loved the sound of the reverb, (the bundle is and always will be, sound quality wise, my very favourite reverb set!), so I bought it and unfortunately the only version compatible with the latest mac operating systems is the broken one.
I would LOVE to get my money back for something that i would also equally as much love to use but have not because of the issues. In fact, even after all the time wasted i'd still prefer a fix to a refund, as i feel the lexicon sound beautifully complements my music. So it's a little hard swallowing, especially after it took me 5 months of saving, to have simply thrown $1062 into thin air, cause that's precisely what has happened at present, as i am not using the plugins, solely due to the bugs. They are now not installed.

Again, my apologies if i am misunderstanding your intentions, but i would like to ask you as a courtesy not to bring up personal issues about me and things i may or may not have done in the past, in other unrelated topics and forums. Thankyou kindly. If you can't agree with that for some reason, then please at least quote in context and whole passages with links, not just selective ones that degrade my good name. Thanks once again.
19th February 2013
Old 19th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Sorry but i don't see how this topic has anything to do about my personal life.

I suggested if anyone would be interested in a lexicon class action, only two were, so no go. Simply because software i have paid $1062 for is giving me all manner of grief on mac, (they simply wreak havok on cpu and project playback) and i have contacted lexicon support, and after long waits for responses , the issue has been confirmed to go back over 14 months, with still no eta for a fix. If you care to read other replies in the topic, it's a common issue (now officially confirmed by support where the developer here denied it) and all that have commented really don't think a fix is imminent.

to answer your question, absolutely no lawsuits going.

I also don't understand how it is of any relevance to bring personal issues about me, discussed at another forum (kvr), about another company (propellerheads), in a lexicon topic?

also i find it perplexing that in the east west topic, the topic is literally pages and pages of complaints far worse than mine, yet you only quoted my one bad line, and somehow missed quoting the part on how wonderful i think their libraries sound? You also have seemed to miss that the east west support representative has admitted he has not even used the plugins in the same way as i do so has never even BEEN in a situation to replicate the problems.

Finally, i noticed in your own topic here:
Flux Tools plugins crash Cubase 7

That there has been some very heavy bashing of flux as a company by some of the people replying in your own topic, quite destructive that could lose flux sales, yet you seem to have missed that and have decided not to mention that to them?

I guess i am just a little curious why you are posting things about me from various places here in unrelated topics, but not to others who have posted similarly.. It therefore feels personal and it's a little unnerving to be honest! Of course my apologies if i misunderstand your intentions.

The products in question have all been extremely expensive investments to someone not working and who does music these days only as a hobby, and eastwest without a demo even, so i don't think i am being unreasonable in expecting a $1,062 reverb plugin to work, nor a ~~$1100 (the way i configured it) Play composer edition.

I did indeed ask lexicon for a refund, that is the first company i asked for a refund flat out, ever. They declined. So yes i think it's unfair that a product that worked in snow leopard at version 1.1.3 perfectly, that i could not get a second demo of the newer version on my ilok (denied) so i decided to have faith since 1.1.3 worked so well, that an update would work just as efficiently, does not work properly. And i loved the sound of the reverb, (the bundle is and always will be, sound quality wise, my very favourite reverb set!), so I bought it and unfortunately the only version compatible with the latest mac operating systems is the broken one.
I would LOVE to get my money back for something that i would also equally as much love to use but have not because of the issues. In fact, even after all the time wasted i'd still prefer a fix to a refund, as i feel the lexicon sound beautifully complements my music. So it's a little hard swallowing, especially after it took me 5 months of saving, to have simply thrown $1062 into thin air, cause that's precisely what has happened at present, as i am not using the plugins, solely due to the bugs. They are now not installed.

Again, my apologies if i am misunderstanding your intentions, but i would like to ask you as a courtesy not to bring up personal issues about me and things i may or may not have done in the past, in other unrelated topics and forums. Thankyou kindly. If you can't agree with that for some reason, then please at least quote in context and whole passages with links, not just selective ones that degrade my good name. Thanks once again.
You did ask Propellerheads for a refund too right? And threatened to sue them? Class action? Now you are banned for life?

In any case, here you are bashing and threatening Lexicon with a lawsuit. Great plugins, and still some of the best reverbs on the market. I own them and use them and think they are amazing tools.

And in another thread you're now off to prove A.N.A. has "... the worst actual quality of a modern virtual synth i have heard in the last decade."

You speak for yourself
TNM
19th February 2013
Old 19th February 2013
TNM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarroll View Post
You did ask Propellerheads for a refund too right? And threatened to sue them? Class action? Now you are banned for life?

In any case, here you are bashing and threatening Lexicon with a lawsuit. Great plugins, and still some of the best reverbs on the market. I own them and use them and think they are amazing tools.

And in another thread you're now off to prove A.N.A. has "... the worst actual quality of a modern virtual synth i have heard in the last decade."

You speak for yourself
Hi there Bill, what happened with propellerheads is my personal affair, i did not ask them for a refund, incorrect, and i did not threaten to sue them. I made a forum comment , an internet comment that means nothing, when i was frustrated with the RE cpu usage phenomena. Doing that and actually threatening THEM is an entirely different story. I am sorry but what does this have to do with Lexicon, or a synth called ANA that i find to be poor quality?

Maybe you misunderstand gearsluts? Aliasing tests are a staple here and many members participate usually.

I don't know where i said that the reverbs did not sound amazing.

Furthermore you paid the new price so you have less to gripe about, and are employed. $1062 is alot of money, and i am glad they work for you, i really am! But for many they do not, particularly in pro tools and logic, and the bug has officially been confirmed, and it's been over 14 months and no fix. I also think you need to understand that i did not threaten anyone. I suggested and openly asked if there was interest in a class action suit. A community effort for those customers who can not use the verb and want a fix or a refund. If i had threatened lexicon directly in any way i can assure you they would not have tolerated it

I am not bashing the quality of the reverb, rather expressing my annoyance at having been denied a second demo period to test the update, and having put my faith in the plugins because the previous demo of 1.1.3 worked great, and now having this dissapointment.
I maintain i would very much like my money back, or an update to fix the issues i and others experience. I am surprised you find that unreasonable.

Once again, what does i speak for myself mean? i think you are hinting at something again.. All good, it's not a big deal, but i am genuinely curious, since i have given you the courtesy of answering all your concerns directly, why you could not explain to me why the type of behaviour you obviously very much dislike (what you would call "bashing" ) has happened in your own Flux topic and you have failed to attend to that in any way? Thats why this is feeling a little personal. However, i very well could be wrong!

I'll ask kindly once more that you refrain from discussing my personal life at gearslutz, that would be much appreciated. Do you think that's ok, and we can do that, and just agree to disagree? Cheers!

OOPS PS i thought it important to note that Michael Carnes and i have worked it out at kvr audio which is a forum you frequent Bill, according to post count, far more than here, and it is absolute water under the bridge, weeks ago. Hence why surprised at the bump and quote weeks later.. Michael is a big boy and i promise you can take care of himself,, and we have total peace between us, sorted, and he is more than happy to have me as a customer (as i said at KVR, once i saw his web video interview, i knew instantly he was a good caring person and i totally misjudged him here, as we sometimes do). But for some reason if some missed it, sorry again Michael! you know i do think you are a top bloke and i really did perceive as you as the exact opposite of how you really are! that's MY bad! Cheers mate. That's why i often dislike text. It can be interpreted so many different ways! That'e the English language for ya

Last edited by TNM; 19th February 2013 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Added the PS
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search