Lexicon PCM Native Plugins: Lion and 64 bit
2nd February 2012
Old 2nd February 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
Is anyone running the PCM Native plugins with VE Pro? I subscribed to the demo license yesterday to try these plugins, but they seem to crash VE Pro instantly upon launch. They seemed to work fine in Cubase. I have to say I'm slightly disappointed also to see that the 64bit versions are not out yet..

Are you running it on Win or OSX?
2nd February 2012
Old 2nd February 2012
Gear addict

Windows 7.
8th February 2012
Old 8th February 2012
Gear interested

8th February 2012
Old 8th February 2012
Lives for gear

Hallelujah!!! A great day has come! Hope they fixed some of those little bugs.

Now we're just waiting on Sound Toys... and Waves... and Abbey Road.
8th February 2012
Old 8th February 2012
Gear addict

working pretty nice on cubase x64
8th February 2012
Old 8th February 2012
Gear maniac

The Mac version is beta ? Has anyone installed this and tried it yet ?
mfx
8th February 2012
Old 8th February 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

...oops no LXP x64 Yet then :( Got all excited but misread
20th February 2012
Old 20th February 2012
Downloaded the MPX trial onto Lion. Failed to work. Sent an email but got nothing helpful back. Gave up and moved on.....
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Gear Head

6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

mfx
6th March 2012
Old 6th March 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
...oops no LXP x64 Yet then :( Got all excited but misread
yay lxp x64 .. WOOT WOOT lmao
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Gear addict

Does anybody have stability with 64 bit LXP in Logic. Issues?
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.Blue View Post
64-bit LXP plugins have been posted finally...

Product: LXP Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle | Lexicon Pro

-e.B
The Lexicon LXP Native 64 bit version will not run on either of my Win7 64 machines (2.86 quad and an i7 2600k).

I purchased a brand new iLok 2 specifically for use with Lexicon's LXP 64 bit version and while all of my other plugin bundles run and are recognized (Waves Platinum, CLA, SCC, Nomad Factory, PSP, etc.), Lexicon LXP fails to find the iLok. The previous version of 32 bit LXP native runs perfectly as well.

This is maddening, as I upgraded to Waves 9 yesterday, so the only software prohibiting me from full 64 bit support is Lexicon.
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
Gear addict

I have the LXP 64 bit running in Logic. Seems stable so far. Now I just need Autotune and UBK-1. Then it's all sixty-four-city.
21st March 2012
Old 21st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
The Lexicon LXP Native 64 bit version will not run on either of my Win7 64 machines (2.86 quad and an i7 2600k).

I purchased a brand new iLok 2 specifically for use with Lexicon's LXP 64 bit version and while all of my other plugin bundles run and are recognized (Waves Platinum, CLA, SCC, Nomad Factory, PSP, etc.), Lexicon LXP fails to find the iLok. The previous version of 32 bit LXP native runs perfectly as well.

This is maddening, as I upgraded to Waves 9 yesterday, so the only software prohibiting me from full 64 bit support is Lexicon.
As a follow up, I contacted PACE support last night and this morning, they responded with a few questions. After providing a little more detail (System Info, etc.), PACE support sent a file with a few instructions. After complying, the Lexicon LXP bundle, along with all of my other iLok supported plugins, are working perfectly.

I'm finally and fully 64 bit! Woo-hoo!
8th July 2012
Old 8th July 2012
Gear nut

Has there been any word on The PCM reverb bundle working in 64 bit (AU/VST) for Mac OSX?

The latest release notes on Lexicon's site seem to indicate that it works in AU and RTAs. It's unclear if Mac VST is also working at 64 bit.

Reading through this thread, it doesn't seem to be the case for AU, RTAS or Mac VST though.

Does anyone have any ideas? Looks like the LXP bundle is working at 64 bit already for Mac and PC.

Thanks
8th July 2012
Old 8th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe1972 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas? Looks like the LXP bundle is working at 64 bit already for Mac and PC.

Thanks
I haven't had a chance to update this thread but I've had more than 40 emails with Pace and I can't get the LXP Bundle to work every time I boot.

If I move the iLok2 around of my computer, sometimes, the Lexicon software will recognize the iLok2 and sometimes it won't. It's maddening and I had to send another report ticket this week.

The oddest thing is that every other software bundle works perfectly. I have 80 licenses on the iLok2 and the only plugin that has issues is LXP Native. I'm about ready to dump it altogether and find another solution, which sucks because I love the sound of the plugin.
9th July 2012
Old 9th July 2012
Lives for gear

Well I hope the Lex stuff survives.

I've demoed about everything out there, including the ones like Aether that people rave about, and honestly, I'd be fine with Altiverb and one of the Lex packages as a general solution to everything....the Lexicon stuff (particularly PCM) is the only software reverb I've plugged in and said "Wow...major difference." This is not counting UAD stuff, which I can't risk right now because I'm running PT HD Native and UAD seems to be causing a lot of people with this system problems.

I grew up in studios using 480s and 224s etc so I guess I have an affinity for the Lex sound.
9th July 2012
Old 9th July 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe1972 View Post
Has there been any word on The PCM reverb bundle working in 64 bit (AU/VST) for Mac OSX?
I've been using PCM reverb bundle for months in 64-bit AU version.
Not sure what the problem is ??
9th July 2012
Old 9th July 2012
Lives for gear

All good here too with the LXP bundle,with the exception of ProTools 10. Sometimes, I get a buffer overload errors when manipulating the GUI. Gets pretty annoying, but all well with AU.
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

For what it's worth, I just moved from an old Mac Pro on Snow Leopard to a brand new Mac Pro running Lion.

The Lexicon PCM Plugs run WAY worse on Logic under Lion than they did on Snow Leopard. Seems to be a GUI problem -- as soon as the plugin interface is open, huge CPU spikes immediately upon attempting to move any sliders. Plugin works fine as long as the window is closed.

I was running the exact same plugin version in 64 bit mode on Logic under Snow Leopard just 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. So it appears, from my standpoint, to be a Lexicon/Lion problem.

Anyone else still seeing this behaviour?
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Michael,

Just wanted to drop in to see how you're doing and hope all is well!

I also wanted to thank U for all the great work you did at Lexicon and also congratulate you on your new company!

This is the website of Exponential Audio, LLC

Looking 4ward to your innovative products!

All the best,
~Iz
Michael Carnes
28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carnes View Post
Thanks for the plug! (I said that before I even thought of the pun).
U got it!

Lovin' the LXP and MPX Bundles!

Again... Many Thanks!
29th July 2012
Old 29th July 2012
Lives for gear

Same here. With the Lex I'm not left wanting for more. I don't think about reverb anymore.

And actually I don't think much about ANY plugins anymore. There are amazing options in every category. These are good times for music software.
29th July 2012
Old 29th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz View Post
For what it's worth, I just moved from an old Mac Pro on Snow Leopard to a brand new Mac Pro running Lion.

The Lexicon PCM Plugs run WAY worse on Logic under Lion than they did on Snow Leopard. Seems to be a GUI problem -- as soon as the plugin interface is open, huge CPU spikes immediately upon attempting to move any sliders. Plugin works fine as long as the window is closed.

I was running the exact same plugin version in 64 bit mode on Logic under Snow Leopard just 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. So it appears, from my standpoint, to be a Lexicon/Lion problem.

Anyone else still seeing this behaviour?
Try running them in 32 bit. I've been told they work better that way on Lion. Try it and let us know
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
Try running them in 32 bit. I've been told they work better that way on Lion. Try it and let us know
Unfortunately I can't do that. After the migration from my Snow Leopard Mac Pro to the new Lion Mac Pro, I had some crazy install issues. So I was forced to reinstall Logic, and reinstall the 'prokit.framework' (*word to the wise: despite what some Apple support docs say online, NEVER delete the ProKit,.framework -- coz it's next to impossible to reinstall it).

So now that I've got my system back up and running, the one 'quirk' is that Logic will not boot in 32 bit mode. It crashes on startup if I attempt it, but works fine in 64 bit mode. I'm guessing that has to do with the damaged/replaced "prokit.framework', but can't be sure. It's annoying, because certain plugins (like the Abbey Road ones) need to be scanned in 32 bit mode first before they'll show up in 64 bit. Sigh. 'Progress'.

In any event, what's the point of Lexicon releasing updated 64 bit Lion-compatible plugins if they only work properly in 32 bit mode?

For now my workaround is simply to do my parameter tweaking while in 'stop' mode. It's a pain, but I'm hoping that after I upgrade to Mountain Lion, some of these issues may be sorted out.
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Never said they don't work in 64 bits. Some engineers just told me they seem more stable working in 32 bits. Have you tried deleting Logic preferences?
30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
Never said they don't work in 64 bits. Some engineers just told me they seem more stable working in 32 bits. Have you tried deleting Logic preferences?
Yup- did the prefs dance.

And I'm not saying they don't work in 64 bit -- but you suggested they only have sever problems and CPU spikes in 64 bit mode. If that's true, and they work BETTER in 32 bit mode, then as I said, it seems to defeat the whole point of 64 bit 'compatibility' doesn't it?

But my issue isn't of course with you -- I appreciate your post and any clues you can provide as to the source of the glitches. I'm simply annoyed with Lexicon, who as we know have been less than 'responsive' with software support. Not to mention they let go the only staff member (NobodySpecial/Michael Carnes) who seemed to actually give a hoot about getting this expensive plugin suite to operate smoothly.

I mean, I love the sound of the plugs. They're great. But it's very disappointing that on a newer faster machine with the most up to date PCM software that it actually runs much worse than previous versions.

I'll pass on my experiences to the Lexicon team... Or intern - as the case may be. Can't say I'm optimistic about any fixes within the next 12 months.

30th July 2012
Old 30th July 2012
Lives for gear

Wish I could be more help. I truly understand your issues as I too find it's a great reverb although pricey as we've been accustomed by Lexicon. I truly hope it works out for you and that they polish the 64 bit version.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search