Login / Register

Lexicon PCM Native Plugins: Lion and 64 bit
New Reply
Subscribe
9th August 2011
Old 9th August 2011
Lives for gear

Can we be looking forward to some good news soon?
dio
9th August 2011
Old 9th August 2011
dio
Gear addict

9th August 2011
Old 9th August 2011
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to inthere
Upgraded to iLok 2 and it was way less of a hassle than I anticipated. Now I'm gtg whenever the fix comes.
9th August 2011
Old 9th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post

And, perhaps these costs wouldn't be there if everyone actually PAID for the software they use!
The problem with this bs logic is legitimate consumers take the hit for the pirates.
10th August 2011
Old 10th August 2011
Gear addict

WHEN ?
11th August 2011
Old 11th August 2011
Lives for gear

I'm ilok 2 enabled
dio
11th August 2011
Old 11th August 2011
dio
Gear addict

Hm... They probably went on vacations before releasing it...

Good for them
Michael Carnes
11th August 2011
Old 11th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Hm... They probably went on vacations before releasing it...
What's a vacation? Testing's going well. Should hear from me before too long.
12th August 2011
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

Gearslutz needs to develop a like button for posts. I would like the above post. It would be possible as Math Help Forum has a thanks button.

http://soundcloud.com/rushton/new-york-instrumental

Hardware - 2011 Macbook Pro, RME Fireface 400, Focal CMS65, KRK Ergo, Moog Voyager, Nord Lead Anniversary, Prophet '08 SE, Roland Juno 106,
Software - Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Sonnox Elite, Fabfilter plugs, Lexicon LXP Native, FXpansion DCAM, Arturia V Collection, Kontakt 4, Other Random Software
19th August 2011
Old 19th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
What's a vacation? Testing's going well. Should hear from me before too long.
It's been too long.
dio
19th August 2011
Old 19th August 2011
dio
Gear addict

What are you "testing in the lab" for months? Trying to find the secret of eternal life?
19th August 2011
Old 19th August 2011
Gear addict

Send a message via ICQ to andivax Send a message via MSN to andivax
Nobody Special, you should release new stuff! 'Cos I just get an ilok2
19th August 2011
Old 19th August 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
What are you "testing in the lab" for months? Trying to find the secret of eternal life?
Leave them alone... They're busy rewriting the software to work exclusively with iLok2, under the claim that's its required for Lion, except that AVID released a Lion-compatible version of Pro-Tools 9 which stills works with old iLoks earlier this week.

I must say that I'm amazed at how willing people are to spend money on technology (iLok, iLok2, etc) that provides them no direct benefits. I also can't believe that software companies are still wasting development resources on these protection technologies in this economic climate. If they aren't making their sale numbers, it's not because of copy protection. It's because they are over-priced in a crowded market. The software reverb market has exploded over the last couple of years. You can now get very decent reverbs (VahallaRoom, EOS, etc) for a fraction of the Lexicon native prices.

-e.B
19th August 2011
Old 19th August 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.Blue View Post
It's because they are over-priced in a crowded market. The software reverb market has exploded over the last couple of years. You can now get very decent reverbs (VahallaRoom, EOS, etc) for a fraction of the Lexicon native prices.

-e.B
+1. valhalla is incredible, only for 50$. does evrything you can with pcm. and sean costello is a wonderful person. wake up lexicon.
dio
6th September 2011
Old 6th September 2011
dio
Gear addict

6th September 2011
Old 6th September 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

What happened?
7th September 2011
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Lets go lexicon, lets go!

Is it possibly an ilok problem holding it up? I know another fairly new plugin company that uses ilok to protect their plugs has plugs that won't load and it has been put down to a ilok problem. He came up with a workaround for the moment for us which was nice though.
9th September 2011
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

any news?
15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Gear maniac

Unfortunately, aside from my largely positive experience in beta testing for the second-to-last PCM96 control software, it's been a painful learning experience to find out how slowly things go there. I've had lots of experiences with other larger and smaller companies over the years, and I'd place them second to Native Instruments for being the slowest and most non-responsive that I've had to deal with. That beta testing experience was a breath of fresh air, and among the best impressions I've gotten on that side of things from ANY company... but nothing great before that or since.

At some level, excuses no longer matter. At some level, someone has to take responsibility for when things don't happen the way they were supposed to.

I'm sorry to probably be insulting what are probably some great professionals over there, but...

Lexican't, something I'd seen posted somewhere lately, seems apropos at this point.
15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budda View Post
Unfortunately, aside from my largely positive experience in beta testing for the second-to-last PCM96 control software, it's been a painful learning experience to find out how slowly things go there. I've had lots of experiences with other larger and smaller companies over the years, and I'd place them second to Native Instruments for being the slowest and most non-responsive that I've had to deal with. That beta testing experience was a breath of fresh air, and among the best impressions I've gotten on that side of things from ANY company... but nothing great before that or since.

At some level, excuses no longer matter. At some level, someone has to take responsibility for when things don't happen the way they were supposed to.

I'm sorry to probably be insulting what are probably some great professionals over there, but...

Lexican't, something I'd seen posted somewhere lately, seems apropos at this point.
From what other manufactures have said on other forums I go to there is a problem with logic, lion and the pace software. I trust the company I got this info from and the lexicon plugs have the same problems his do, they will work fine for example in ableton but not logic.
He gave us a workaround for his but its kind of a special circumstance as his demo is dongle free so you can get the demo running then replace the demo vst/au with the full version one (as they have the same name) and it gets around the authorisation problem.
dio
15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
dio
Gear addict

Solution 1: Don't use ilok 2 yet,
Solution 2: Don't use Pace at all,
Solution 3: Release some public betas, with a warning that some specific things do not work.
Solution 4: Don't start threads stating: "Shouldn't be but a few weeks"
Solution 5: If you do start a thread come back and say: "Some technical problems will push the release back 2-3 months" or something...
15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Gear maniac

The problem is that even if it's all on them, it's still slow. I got rid of my PCM96 because of the slowness of support. The once that I was in the beta program for the control software, the communication was EXCELLENT, absolutely tops... but it should be that quick, that responsive, ALL THE TIME, if I am to rely on your gear as a professional.

Fortunately for me, the native software is working as it needs to for me. Still, there are apparently other "bug fixes" in the upcoming release, and I'd rather not be running software that the manufacturer knows is flawed without them offering to fix it in some sort of expedient fashion.

And as I said, at some point, excuses, reasons, none of it matters. At some point, someone has to take on the responsibility for - just - making - it - work.

Period.
15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Gear maniac

I don't understand why any developers uses iLok? If it was cracked and they don't have 64-bit support then why not use the eLicenser instead? Maybe PACE employees are just super charming?
29th September 2011
Old 29th September 2011
Gear nut

No good news on Lion compatibility yet - is this company still around or have they closed their shop?
29th September 2011
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Softube is Lion and they crossed the 64 bit line yesterday. Lexicon ?
Rgds
Tui
29th September 2011
Old 29th September 2011
Tui
Lives for gear

It's always shocking, isn't it, how once great names can and do go under, without warning. EMU, Ensoniq, Alesis, TC, Lex... And many more.
Michael Carnes
5th October 2011
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry to have been so long. I've really been quite busy. Lex has definitely not 'gone under' We ran into a couple of snags with the new builds, but they're pretty much ironed out. Stay tuned.
16th October 2011
Old 16th October 2011
Gear addict

MediaMix
18th October 2011
Old 18th October 2011
MediaMix

soon
19th October 2011
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Hearsay or wishful thinking or actual information?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search