Steinberg MR816 X and Windows7?
Old 6th May 2011
Gear interested

Steinberg MR816 X and Windows7?

I just bought an 816x today to go along with my PT9. I tried to install the Tools for MR software and i received an error message- The operating system is not adequate for running Tools for MR. Can anyone tell me if the 816 is compatible with windows7? It says on the box that it's compatible with windows XP/vista but nothing about 7. I thought i read somewhere it was compatible.
Old 6th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacub View Post
I just bought an 816x today to go along with my PT9. I tried to install the Tools for MR software and i received an error message- The operating system is not adequate for running Tools for MR. Can anyone tell me if the 816 is compatible with windows7? It says on the box that it's compatible with windows XP/vista but nothing about 7. I thought i read somewhere it was compatible.
1. You need to do the FIRMWARE update on the MR first

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Har...r_V110_PC.zip2.

2. Windows

Supported operating systems: Windows XP SP2 (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Intel/AMD processor 1.4 GHz*
512 MB RAM

DVD drive required for installation
FireWire port required for connection of MR unit
* 64-bit editions of Windows Vista require Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or higher and 1 GB RAM or more.

3. Make sure your using the CORRECT version of WINDOWS 7 for the MR, theres a 32 bit version and a 64bit version depending which OS you have.
* Remember too that Protools is a 32 bit app as well
Old 6th May 2011
Gear interested

Thanks Shanabit, got it and everything is working fine.
Old 6th May 2011
Lives for gear

No problem
Old 18th July 2011
Gear maniac

link is dead?
Old 18th July 2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearowner View Post
link is dead?
Yes.... seems that the problem the OP was having was solved with some help from Shanabit.

Graham
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search